• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DB Characters half 2-C downgrade

The DBS cosmology is a 2-B construct with as many timelines as there are timerings. each timeline has it's own multiverse with it's own zeno, with the multiverse in this case having a single spacetime continuum.
There’s 6 time rings so far in DBS anime so basically 6 timelines with 72 universes of total. 2-B is possibility for dbs in future not based on current evidence so far.

latest

Couldn't there be uncountably more? This is where Gowasu takes the box to use the time rings.

I'm just gonna be honest, DBS has so many inconsistencies with it's cosmology (i.e. the guides for Z saying universes are infinite but they're depicted as finite in Super etc) I don't even think the writers are keeping track. That being said, I'm just gonna leave this to you and other members to come up with an accurate rating, the DBS cosmology has me baffled atm and I'm not gonna rewatch the series to figure it out anytime soon.

so have fun.

But for the record: how I currently picture the DBS cosmology just so you can understand my argument and where I'm coming from, so you can better understand my concerns for the feat. The DBS cosmology is a 2-B construct with as many timelines as there are timerings. each timeline has it's own multiverse with it's own zeno, with the multiverse in this case having a single spacetime continuum. I have no doubt this interpretation is inconsistent, but that's where I'm coming from and based on my (admittedly atm limited understanding) of the DBS cosmology.
DBS cosmology is certainly weird and some old stuff of Daizenshuu has be contradicted so its understandable that you will get confused because DBS anime decided to depict universe 7 macrocosm differently when no one asked them too.

I can see your point,no problem.Glad we could atleast exchange some conversation regarding their tiers and I hope you got some use from our talk here.
latest

Couldn't there be uncountably more? This is where Gowasu takes the box to use the time rings.
We dont know if every box contains time ring and for now it would require us to make assumption that each box contains any amount of time ring when all we have seen is him taking out smaller box with 6 time rings from bigger box.

Last edited:
DBS cosmology is certainly weird and some old stuff of Daizenshuu has be contradicted so its understandable that you will get confused because DBS anime decided to depict universe 7 macrocosm differently when no one asked them too.

I can see your point,no problem.Glad we could atleast exchange some conversation regarding their tiers and I hope you got some use from our talk here.

We dont know if every box contains time ring and for now it would require us to make assumption that each box contains any amount if time ring when all we have seen is him taking out smaller box with 6 time rings from bigger box.
BTW Isn't it safe to assume that all of these have a time ring, There arent any claims against it as far as I know. the simplest answer seems to be that all the boxes contain a time ring.

BTW Isn't it safe to assume that all of these have a time ring, There arent any claims against it as far as I know. the simplest answer seems to be that all the boxes contain a time ring.
It isn't safe to assume that all of these contains time ring based on just one box containing time ring as that would rely on generalized assumption that all the boxes contain the same time rings as that 1 box does.Let me give you a example to illustrate my point further.Let suppose there is a a drawer with 3 small sections where each section can only fit 1 item inside.You dont know anything about what either of these section contains,so lets say that I take out watch from 1 section of the drawer.Would you conclude that other 2 section contains some sort of watch too based on watch being stored in 1 section of the drawer? You wouldn't right? So its same here.While there is nothing that is contradicting other boxes from not having time ring,there isn't anything supporting that boxes contains time ring either so instead of assuming that every box contains time ring,we would conclude that other boxes contain unknown to no contents while 1 box which Gowasu pulled out contains a time ring.That would the safest conclusion without using any sort of assumptions to reach to a conclusion.

It isn't safe to assume that all of these contains time ring based on just one box containing time ring as that would rely on generalized assumption that all the boxes contain the same time rings as that 1 box does.Let me give you a example to illustrate my point further.Let suppose there is a a drawer with 3 small sections where each section can only fit 1 item inside.You dont know anything about what either of these section contains,so lets say that I take out watch from 1 section of the drawer.Would you conclude that other 2 section contains some sort of watch too based on watch being stored in 1 section of the drawer? You wouldn't right? So its same here.While there is nothing that is contradicting other boxes from not having time ring,there isn't anything supporting that boxes contains time ring either so instead of assuming that every box contains time ring,we would conclude that other boxes contain unknown to no contents while 1 box which Gowasu pulled out contains a time ring.That would the safest conclusion without using any sort of assumptions to reach to a conclusion.
Yes, but that's real-life im pretty sure the author's intention is that all the boxes contain a time ring, the simplest and easiest answer would be that all these boxes contain a time ring unless it's contradicted by the story itself. it's common sense to not just assume something in real-life however in a story/or in fiction common sense should apply. Kind of like how you assume every fictional earth is the same size as our earth until it's contradicted by the story or that fictional universe law of physics work the same as our own universe until it's contradicted. So we assume that gravity is the same in the fictional universe even though we can say things like well why would you just assume its a completely different universe. Narratively speaking

Last edited:
Yes, but that's real-life im pretty sure the author's intention is that all the boxes contain a time ring, the simplest and easiest answer would be that all these boxes contain a time ring unless it's contradicted by the story itself. it's common sense to not just assume something in real-life however in a story/or in fiction common sense should apply. Kind of like how you assume every fictional earth is the same size as our earth until it's contradicted by the story or that fictional universe work the same as our own universe until it's contradicted. Narratively speaking
I mean most of the times we dont know what author intention is so its best not to speak on their behalf.I mean whiie the solution you proposed is simpler than mine,it forms the basis of the conclusion by using assumption that each box contains the same item(time ring) as other boxes which cant be proven.I understand your point that general assumptions has to be made like the example you gave for fictional Earth being linked to real life Earth or fictional universe being linked to real life universe unless contradicted but that is because narrative intent for equalizing them is pretty clear,here we have literally no clue on what the author intention for content of the boxes can be and it can only known through depication or statements which is none here so there is no ground left for us to generalize content of one box with all of them without assuming too much.

I mean most of the times we dont know what author intention is so its best not to speak on their behalf.I mean whiie the solution you proposed is simpler than mine,it forms the basis of the conclusion by using assumption that each box contains the same item(time ring) as other boxes which cant be proven.I understand your point that general assumptions has to be made like the example you gave for fictional Earth being linked to real life Earth or fictional universe being linked to real life universe unless contradicted but that is because narrative intent for equalizing them is pretty clear,here we have literally no clue on what the author intention for content of the boxes can be and it can only known through depication or statements which is none here so there is no ground left for us to generalize content of one box with all of them without assuming too much.
are there any other statements from the episode that might help with the assumption like did gowasu say "this is the time ring room" something like that

are there any other statements from the episode that might help with the assumption like did gowasu say "this is the time ring room" something like that
I dont particularly remember any statement regarding the room or the shelf itself,the shelf is shown whenever Gowasu is taking out the time ring from the box.

I dont particularly remember any statement regarding the room or the shelf itself,the shelf is shown whenever Gowasu is taking out the time ring from the box.
I believe he said something like whenever a timeline is created a time ring gets created and then he puts it in that room or it materializes in that room

I believe he said something like whenever a timeline is created a time ring gets created and then he puts it in that room or it materializes in that room
I dont remember him saying that he puts it in that room or materialize it in that room,just that he add the time ring or materializes into small box which is inside 1 big box.

I dont remember him saying that he puts it in that room or materialize it in that room,just that he add the time ring or materializes into small box which is inside 1 big box.
yeah I meant it materializes in the box then maybe he puts it in the room (he didn't actually say this) and also if it materializes in the box then wouldn't it be more likely that all those boxes have a time ring in them rather then a different item

Edit: I guess you could make the argument that maybe not all the boxes have time rings but we might be overspeculating at that point.

Last edited:
yeah I meant it materializes in the box then maybe he puts it in the room (he didn't actually say this) and also if it materializes in the box then wouldn't it be more likely that all those boxes have a time ring in them rather then a different item

Edit: I guess you could make the argument that maybe not all the boxes have time rings but we might be overspeculating at that point.
The fact we dont have much idea about what he does after time ring spawns or what purpose the room's serving is the reason why we cant conclude that each box contains time rings and if we do say that it contains time rings,then it will be generalizing 1 box with others using assumptions based on lack of information regarding the room.I mean if the time rings materializes in the box then why is the other boxes being filled with time ring rather than 1 box being filled with time rings first then it materializing in other boxes.So many questions and so little information regarding it.

Yeah we are overspeculating at this point hence its best not to conclude that all boxes contains time rings

The fact we dont have much idea about what he does after time ring spawns or what purpose the room's serving is the reason why we cant conclude that each box contains time rings and if we do say that it contains time rings,then it will be generalizing 1 box with others using assumptions based on lack of information regarding the room.I mean if the time rings materializes in the box then why is the other boxes being filled with time ring rather than 1 box being filled with time rings first then it materializing in other boxes.So many questions and so little information regarding it.

Yeah we are overspeculating at this point hence its best not to conclude that all boxes contains time rings
Might have to leave this up to the majority vote and see if others agree with me or you.

Disagree with the OP.

There is no indication that Beerus and Champa destroying U6 and U7 would be over a prolonged period of time, no timeframe is even given, just that if they fight seriously it will destroy both Universes. No need to add in head canon extended timeframes. Also like @DarkDragonMedeus said, they are crossing the space time boundaries and inflicting the destruction on both Universes at once no mater how you slice it.

Are both universe 7 and universe 6 considered as separate space-times? Or just separated spatially but are under the same time space.

Seperate space times. The wiki treats each as a Low 2-C structure, the entire timeline as a 2-C structure.

Seperate space times. The wiki treats each as a Low 2-C structure, the entire timeline as a 2-C structure.
So they are separate timelines? Was it stated or hinted as such in the verse? Also a timeline can only be considered as low 2C not 2C

Last edited:
Back