• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse VS Tatsuya Shiba

From what limited info I can understand from the Darquesse profile, I'm gonna have to go with Onii-sama for now, due to the fact that he can cancel her magic by either doing something akin to throwing a ball at someone doing jumprope (disabling the magic), or throwing a grenade at someone doing jumprope (making the magic explode at their face).

Also, his brain was tampered with as a child, providing him with some unknown degree of resistance to mind-based abilities, not to mention zone interference making magic affecting him directly all the more difficult.

Then there's his decomposition magic that has no cast time, no projectile, and ignores physical barriers like obstacles, distance and durability.

What limited info? I'm one of the Skulduggery experts here, so I can answer anything if you are confused.

Power Nullification (Can manipulate the magic of others to prevent them from using their magic, passive or active)

How does this work? Range, requirements, does one need to cast it?

Existence Erasure (her Black Flames burn the target's atoms, energy and soul from existence)

Needs to be cast? Does it travel or does it spawn on the spot like Sharingan Amaterasu?

if physically killed her soul has some time to possess another body in order to survive (the body needs to of a sensitive or a clone of herself and if it isn't powerful enough it will only last a few hours and she will be incapable of using magic in it)

How does she travel? Is she as strong like that as if she were still alive with a body, or is she unable to do anything until she possesses something? Tatsuya has done before something like sniping a ghost-like entity inside someone, iirc.

Clairvoyance and Precognition ("blacked out" Sensitives who tried to view her)

This doesn't make sense, particularly, the reasoning.

Power Drain (stated the Cube, a device that drains the victim's magic and puts them in a magically induced coma, could not hold her)

Soul Manipulation (had her soul sealed against outside influence, ignored Lord Vile's Death Bubble and could not be possessed)

I see she is pretty haxed, but i don't know how could she deal with decomposition magic also because he can use it on magic being used against him as well and it kinda attacks directly the enemie ignoring almost anything in its way .

Power Null just works. She sees the magic they are using, and just stops it working. Or forces it to work the wrong way sometimes, causing them to immolate themselves and stuff.

Her existence erasing black flames spawn at the location she wants them to. She normally does it with a finger click for style, but she doesn't have to.

Possession - she's basically an angry invisibile intangible ghost. There was a litle interaction with the world, like the classic spooky wind and angry screech, but other than that, no she can't do anything while she's a ghost except possess people. She can only possess Sensitives (psychics), or a clone of her self or something similar. If it's not a clone though, she can't use magic and is weakened to the possessed body's level, and the body will burn out in a few hours due to being unable to handle her soul's power. Then she can possess someone else.

She resists this, she doesn't have it (well, sorta. Her ability to perceive magic lets her know what magicians are going to do with their magic by sensing it). Like I said, sensitives are psychics. When they were trying to observe her, in present or future, they would either get nothing at all, black out and go unconscious or would go brain dead.

She doesn't have Power Drain, she resists it. There's this thing called the Cube that was used to hold Argeddion, who is another sorcerer who discovered his true name and gained access to true magic. He's comparable (though slightly weaker) to her in power, but is vastly more experienced and knowledgeable. She also killed him and absorbed his knowledge and power. The Cube basically drains their power, and then uses it to fuel a spell to keep them asleep. She stated that even putting her in the Cube would not contain her.

Soul Manipulation - she does have this, but she also resists it. Feats of using it:

1. Ripped a Remnant out of Tanith Low. Remnants are evil souls that possess others and merge with their souls. After 4 days of possession, the soul integration is complete, and the Remnant and the original soul have become one, and are thought impossible to separate. Tanith had a remnant in her for years. Darquesse separated the Remnant from Tanith anyway.

2. She can kill and absorb Remnants, gaining their energy and power.

3. She was also able to mess with Skulduggery's soul, and in the vision pulled his soul apart (this part of the vision was only a few minutes of vision-time after she was put under, so it's very likely something she can do)

4. Considering her necromancy, power mimicry and how often she's seen and observed the workings of the Death Bubble, she can likely use it too. It expands from the user extremely quickly, bypasses forcefields and when it retracts it rips the soul out of any living being within the bubble.

Feats of resisting it:

1. Nye seals her soul from outside control.

2. Casually brushes off the Death Bubble from Lord Vile, which is implied to be strong enough to rip out the souls of half the planet at once.

3. Resists possession of every Remnant. There are thousands of Remnants, and like I said each merges with the soul. She had thousands of them in her at once, all actively trying to control her, and she resisted it, killed them and absorbed them to grow stronger. Also, during this feat she was extremely weakened due to having boosted Lord Vile and boosted Melancholia beating on her repeatedly.

Gemmysaur said:
From what limited info I can understand from the Darquesse profile, I'm gonna have to go with Onii-sama for now, due to the fact that he can cancel her magic by either doing something akin to throwing a ball at someone doing jumprope (disabling the magic), or throwing a grenade at someone doing jumprope (making the magic explode at their face).
She can do this to. And she doesn't "throw" anything, she just directly screws with their magic.

Also said:
but i don't know how could she deal with decomposition magic also because he can use it on magic being used against him as well and it kinda attacks directly the enemie ignoring almost anything in its way .
@William. With her magic control, she doesn't "use magic against him". She directly controls his own magic.

Then it seems Tatsuya doesn't stand a chance. It's like she's Tatsuya, but with stronger and more variant powers, but without a dong.

Having a magician fight against someone who can control another person's magic is effectively a stomp, imo, especially so since Tatsuya's superhuman feats other than his reflexes are a result of his magic, unlike say, Marvel's Loki who would just pick up some knives and throw it at people with Spiderman-level strength.

I am not sure if she can control his magic as in his verse everything is data based(magic is science practically) so basically it's like she is trying to hack him(not sure she can do that) and he should be able to deal with that.

I am not sure thou...

Tricky, i would say Darquesse takes this with medium difficulty due to magic manip and copying but her overconfidence could easily get her killed.

Back