• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse Ability Addition Dying Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This is pretty clear cut matter manipulation and transmutation, it might give her another Durability Bypass on the AP section. It also gives her a Weakness that she cannot perfectly control her matter manipulation if she doesn't know enough about the object.

• What did you do to him?" Sanguine asked. "Where is he?"
  • "He's still here," said Darquesse, her fingers playing lightly against the air. "His atoms are spread out around the room. It's funny, isn't it? Group all those atoms together and Nestor has a body. Separate them, and you have to ask where he's gone. I can put him back together, if you'd like."
  • "You could do that?"
  • "Sure. I think. Putting things back together is a lot harder than pulling them apart, but I'll do my best."
  • Darquesse chewed her bottom lip as she focused. A moment passed, and she closed her fist, and Tarry reappeared, blurring into existence. He staggered, eyes glassy, and dropped to his knees.
  • "He's in shock," said Darquesse. "Either that or he's a vegetable. The brain is tricky. I can see how the body reassembles, how the nervous system fits, but the brain will take a little more practice. Want a seat?"
  • Sanguine looked at her. "Sorry?"
  • "A seat," she said. "You want one? You look tired."
  • Before he could answer, she had splayed her hand and Tarry exploded into nothingness once more. This time when she closed her fist, however, a chair blurred into being.
  • "There," Darquesse said.
  • "Did you … did you just turn him into a chair?"
  • "Yes I did," said Darquesse, grinning. "Atoms are atoms. It's all about what you do with them and how you arrange them. Man gets turned into a chair. Chair gets turned into a glass of water. It's still Nestor, though. He's still there. I haven't killed him."
  • "You turned him into furniture."
  • "It's just another form to take."
  • "I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one, Darquesse. He's dead. You killed him. Where are his memories? His personality? Where are all the things that define him?"
Also there's a bit more to her existence erasure, she can break down a Remnant to the point where it's doesn't even become energy (which is what they {and humans} turn into after they die)

• "There," said Darquesse. "Happy now? Nestor is dead. Every last trace of him. His atoms, his energy ― gone. He can't be brought back now. That's how you kill someone, Billy-Ray. You wipe them from existence. Stopping a heart from beating, cutting off thoughts, turning someone into something … that doesn't mean anything. Consciousness doesn't mean anything. Are you any more valuable than a rock, just because you have sentience? No you're not."
Edit: More on the Transmutation

"She waved her hand and he exploded into atoms.

Now was the tricky part. She still had control over those atoms and she spun some of them, manipulated them, changed them as much as she was able, as much as her limited knowledge allowed, and she took them and brought them together and a little yellow rubber duck appeared in mid-air and fell to the floor.

It bounced with a slight squeak.

Darquesse grinned, and left".

I prefer having scans of this, tbh. To at least add to the profiles. I don't have Dying Light yet, so can't provide them. Other than that, I agree with this.

I think i can get some screen shots tomorrow.

But it should be of note that i'm directly copy pasting them, not just quoting.

Bump.
Screenshot (100)
I would prefer if this could be finished quickly.

Here's the rest of the scans

Screenshot (101)
Screenshot (102)
Screenshot (103)

This is already mentioned on her page, as her subatomic telekinesis.

The breaking down remnants part is via her black flames IIRC and hence also already covered.

Pretty sure it's listed under her powers what she can do with it, but I guess it can be added.

Her weakness of transmutation only applies to fixing things btw, and even then she was able to completely fix Valkyrie's parents after she atomised them

This seems straightforward. Feel free to add the abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back