• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darksiders: "Maybe" Tier revision

Okay. I have no problems with Medeus' analysis.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Thank you very much for the input.

I kind of agree with Sigurd that the "worldwide fire" may only be his title, I think we can applied with flooding the planet only (that, and the other world threatening feats).

Lucifer should be vastly stronger than anything his the Stormcaller can do no matter what (it won't make sense if his Stormcaller can actually kill Lucifer via a ritual), and the flood is able to wash away every living things, so it's not just environmental destruction.

It's still environmental destruction. And him being stronger, I guess, but it's still dodgy scaling, considering we can't scale environmental destruction feats like that.

To be fair, Dagon was going to take the full damage of said flood. He's in Eden when the Stomcaller going to flood the Eden. Meaning Dagon's durability can also scaled from this, as NoMoreTalking says, it affecting living beings.

It affecting living beings doesn't change anything. A single living being isn't getting hit with High 6-A, that's the problem, it's just spread out.

Also we don't know how exactly he was going to survive that. He could've tanked it, or maybe he was going to leave, or the flood maybe was going to be ineffective on him because water is his thing, who knows.

I've never been a big fan of just knit picking weather feats as just "Environmental destruction" because it often leaves out context. I'm pretty sure Lucifer even simply being able to perform the feat is via a character's magic or god powers, and the same character uses those same god powers as being combat applicable, it's still scaling.

I mean, not being a big fan doesn't change the fact that the current standards as they are would require proof that it would scale to other statistics.

That wasn't even the point, the point is there does appear to be reason for it to scale to other stats. If Lucifer possesses more power than Dagon. And Dagon was given the power to flood the Earth via magical powers granted to him by Lucifer.

Lucifer having more power than Dagon is irrelevant. Dagon wasn't doing the feat, the Stormcaller was, which was given to him by Lucifer.

He's still more powerful than Stormcaller, who was only able to flood the Earth due to the powers he recieved. Thus Lucifer transferred High 6-A levels of magic, thus Storm-caller became High 6-A.

I mean that's speculation on your part, we don't whether Lucifer gave him that power. And not only is it still environmental destruction, it wasn't even done outright by him, it was done by a complex ritual created by multiple shamans working together across multiple points in unison. So it's not scalable by any stretch anyway.

I didn't quite here the multiple shamans part. I can agree with it being too vague to scale of that was the reason. But not solely because "It's an environmental destruction feat, that means it can't scale to physical stats no matter what even if the verse does treat characters who are strong both physically and magically as having their physical and magical powers as interchangeable." Which is quite literally what's been common a lot lately. Not saying you're saying that, but a lot of people have been saying that a lot lately.

But didn't the text outright say is that Lucifer was what granted to stormcaller that ability in the provided scan?

It was said that he gave him the power to summon a storm to make the flood by Stormcaller not that he gave Stormcaller his power I'm pretty sure.

Also, should our Celestial Body Feats page be expanded to state that creating pocket universes may be rated in a similar separate tier manner as environmental destruction, if it would extremely contradict the characters' otherwise displayed statistics?

I have mentioned the suggestion in our main current thread discussing the page in question.

@Antvasima, there's no need to apologize, and I have read the environmental destruction feats page. I'm well aware of how case by case they are to be treated. However, I'm fine with it being environmental destruction if they simply called the storm via multiple shamans based on how it's described above.

Back