• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls 2 versus The Game with DS2 Hitboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
kek

Beginning of Game Bearer of the Curse versus The Late-Game Queenslayer (Both High 6-C)

Speed is Equalised. Fight takes place in a giant, desolate field; starting 20m apart. There are no bonfires or mistles within a reasonable distance of the arena. Otherwise, SBA.

Let's give this a try, shall we? I need an excuse to use that joke in the title anyway

Dark Fantasy Edg, Edge and Edgy:

Anime Edg, Edge and Edgy:

Highway to Hell:

Bearer of the Curse
The Queenslayer

well wouldn't the fact tha the bearer of the curse is an undead that consumes souls bypass queen's ressurection the first time he kills him/her?

also the bearer of the curse is a flat out better fighter when it comes to skill

Oof, I see.

In that case, would it make it more fair if it's assumed in the matchup that there are no bonfires or mistles at all anywhere near the area? That way, while they would still live when killed, it would massively BFR either of them and grant the other one a win. In that case, it's just down to who gets the kill first.

I mean, it's not really restricting immortality. They still have it; but it always self-BFR's them, hence why I specified in the OP that there was both a bonfire and a mistle nearby. If we just assumed that those bonfires and mistles were further away, they still have the immortality, it's just not combat applicable.

You can though, since it is based on an external source with no set distance from the Bearer. It is no different then changing the location to even out a fight a bit.

Yeah, I think 1 day to restart the fight was the self-BFR time limit.

I'll change the OP to reflect the change; so the match comes down to who kills first.

Leak isn't quite the same as Bleed

Bleed just means the opponent is harmed by excessive blood loss, as far as I'm aware.

Leak causes the blood within the opponent's body to physically rot away and dissipate.

Bleed is weird because in lore it is stated as opening wounds that don't close.

Wouldn't that be along the lines of regen negation?

I believe we had a thread about it where we listed it as biological manip for Chosen Undead.

Ah, right. I believe it's situational then. Because some pyromancies also cause bleed, and in DS1 there was a cursed katana that opened wounds that can't be closed.

I mean, I'd agree that the Bearer has a skill advantage, but the Queenslayer isn't anything that bad in terms of skill at all. What skill feats does the Bearer have?

I see. Queenslayer is notable in skill for having survived many years in a post-apocalyptic world, against endless hordes of large and powerful beasts, where he's had to rely on ingenuity and resourcefulness to survive. The Queenslayer isn't a joke in terms of skill; though the Bearer would still surely have an advantage there.

Well, yeah, but that would self-BFR them and give QS the win via BFR. The QS can do the exact same thing with stuff like vivification/the bloodstained stake.

****, I Forgot about that. OK, well then time to start out Skilling the shit out of him with skill that allows you to technically be able to fight 3 other BotCs at the same time via Invading the Worlds/Timelines of other players and winning.

I mean, what would that even scale in terms of skill? 1 Bearer = 3 Bearers? That doesn't really make sense.

I'm pretty sure invasions are canon to an extent, but that's surely not a good way to scale it.

And while the Bearer is undeniably fighting very skilled and experienced opponents, the Bearer still has immortality and resurrection to just try again over and over till they beat them. He wouldn't need to be skilled necessarily; he'd just need to be lucky.

Don't get me wrong; Bearer still surely has a skill advantage. But it shouldn't be anything absurd or over the top.

DarkGrath said:
I mean, what would that even scale in terms of skill? 1 Bearer = 3 Bearers? That doesn't really make sense.
I'm pretty sure invasions are canon to an extent, but that's surely not a good way to scale it.

And while the Bearer is undeniably fighting very skilled and experienced opponents, the Bearer still has immortality and resurrection to just try again over and over till they beat them. He wouldn't need to be skilled necessarily; he'd just need to be lucky.

Don't get me wrong; Bearer still surely has a skill advantage. But it shouldn't be anything absurd or over the top.
well the invasions are a part of the games lore and we do acknowladge that they other player worlds are just different universes/timelines but its hard to scale it in terms of skill

and even if we don't take into acount that the bearer(and all the protags) can fight different versions of themselves and win, the bearer would still have an overwhelming advantage ageinst the queenslayer in skill killing thousand year old worriors some times while outnumbered is far supirior to anything queen slayer has demonstrated

I mean, define "canonically".

There's only really one point in the story where bringing a partner into battle was probably canon, and that was for the final boss (as you need to bring a certain one in to get the best ending).

For the entire rest of the game, it's optional, and gives no context as to what the "canon" way would be. And the Bearer has a similar ability in being able to get help from summons, which again, is just optional help.

Also, again; the Bearer's skill is being a bit exaggerated here. The Bearer can resurrect indefinitely, from once or twice, to a dozen times, to hundreds of times easily for a single opponent. If the Bearer died dozens of times against a single opponent, and got in a single win against them, would we really consider that to just be a showing of how skilled the Bearer was? Or would we assume that they just got lucky, or learned their specific fighting style to an extreme extent after so much time? Again, this is hypothetical, but we can't simply slap "they're comparable to thousands of years old warriors" onto it.

I've been told by Sir Ovens over Discord that the Bearer is about to go through major revisions, so it's best to put this match on hold. I'll go find other DS matches. :p

DarkGrath said:
al help.

Also, again; the Bearer's skill is being a bit exaggerated here. The Bearer can resurrect indefinitely, from once or twice, to a dozen times, to hundreds of times easily for a single opponent. If the Bearer died dozens of times against a single opponent, and got in a single win against them, would we really consider that to just be a showing of how skilled the Bearer was? Or would we assume that they just got lucky, or learned their specific fighting style to an extreme extent after so much time? Again, this is hypothetical, but we can't simply slap "they're comparable to thousands of years old warriors" onto it.
Yes and bearer can also beat every enemy without being hit once or beat them to death with a broken sword on the first try

That's cute?

The Queenslayer can literally go through the game as a level 1 and still absolutely destroy bosses and treat them as fodder with the right gift set up.

Plus- The fact one of the challenges in the DLCs is beating to death The Aragami with a friggin pipe.

Also absorbing souls have never been a you can't come back thing.

Otherwise when you get invaded by literally any canon invasion in the form of Creighton etc or literally another player since that's canon by lore.

When they kill you they take your souls and you still come back. Nothing remotely implies that CU or the Next monarch etc taking the soul after killing the opponent permakills them if they are working on an immortal like chain.

For that reason he couldn't Permakill William or Sekiro but Sekiro could permakill him with the Mortal blade since its used to kill immortality.

Thing is, One here on the regular dodges gunfire and weaves through it rather casually.

The other gets shot by arrows on the regular and by off chance can dodge them.

It wouldn't really matter if the Next monarch could come back, the fact he got killed in the first place would count as a W for the Queenslayer.

And ressurecting at a bonfire has never been given a set time in which it happens. Time is Convulted in both Lordran and Lotheric.

Queenslayer is both far more mobile and faster than Next monarch. I lean Queenslayer.

While I could see the Next monarch winning if he somehow found out about the heart thing the chances of it actually happening is very very slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back