• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SomebodyData said:
Predict as in through smarts or essentially knowing aspects of the future?
Both. She can observe and predict someone's actions alongside relaying information to her past self from the future.

The chozo in metroid were using their precog abilities to see into the future on what Phazon can do, and they were greeted with black outs and corruption everywhere, on top of not able to use their precognition abilities at all.

Theglassman12 said:
The chozo in metroid were using their precog abilities to see into the future on what Phazon can do, and they were greeted with black outs and corruption everywhere, on top of not able to use their precognition abilities at all.
Would that prevent the "smarts" precog? As I mentioned before, Chloe also gets cautious when Future Chloe doesn't relay information to her.

@Op Using pre-cog on something phazon related causes blindless, negs the pre-cog, and kickstarts the corruption.

Unless you're Samus for some reason, though that might be because of her connection to Dark Samus.

SomebodyData said:
@Op Using pre-cog on something phazon related causes blindless, negs the pre-cogs, and kickstarts the corruption.
Unless you're Samus for some reason, though that might be because of her connection to Dark Samus.
So smarts precog included? Chloe doesn't "see into the future", she goes back to the past. If Chloe doesn't go back to past, Chloe doesn't get info of future and gets cautious, so would phazon still affect her? She can't pre-cog if Future Chloe (Which would be corrupt Chloe in this case) doesn't send info to past.

Nah, smarts precohg shouldnt be included.

So essentially her precog depends on her information coming from the future, but unlike most precog its specifically from her future self? Not sure if it changes much.

Chloe has hinata's mathematician ability which allows her to be able to predict her opponents movements.

Her "future" precog is just that she reverses time and now she has knowledge of stuff that will happen in the future, basically she just keeps her memories of the future after time reversals.

Not really satisfied with that answer.

Rephrasing: If Chloe gets corrupted, she won't send info to past, if she doesn't send info to past, Chloe can't precog. Would that still allow phazon to hax Past Chloe?

@Op If future Chloe is corrupted, she can still send messages, if anything, that helps D Samus trick her.

I seeee

but won't that cause a chain where when she's corrupted, she'd sense info on her past self, and would get corrupted as well, causin an infinite loop of neverending despair for the poor girl for all eternity????

** thinking intensifies **

What chloe does is simply remember stuff that happened in the future.

Regardless ds would have to corrupt her first, which requires getting past time stop and sealing.

It lasts several seconds if i remember correctly, and in addition stopping time also makes the the time stopper able to accelerate themselves, making them millions of times faster than normal while in stopped time.

That's just how it works in tensei:

"I use my ability as I was being led to by the voice. Though I didn't know what it was, I felt like I could manage, somehow, if I used it. The world stopped when I used the ability. I understood that the world had stop moving, like it was suspended, because my cognition had been enhanced by 1 million times. Not just my cognition but also my movement, to the point I can move at the speed of 1 million times normal speed. In other words, by controlling the flow of time, it is possible to accelerate myself. It is a superpower that is different from super acceleration, in principle."

Don't Forget this, "Ultimate skill User Can analyze their opponents and their abilities just by seeing them"

Something I never understood was chloe's sealing, there is a reason she can't just use it constantly to defeat any opponent in her way since she didn't use it against some opponents. I understand with gii why she didn't, due to his copying.

because its Useless against Top Tier Tensei, like when Velgryn is sealed she just need 3 minute to get out of that

He Has the Biggest Energy among the other three but cant control it, and when he was sealed he didnt even poses Ultimate skill

@Glass that was an outright lie(?) You do know we have Dark Samus' levels of regen because of the scans right?

@Op/GLHF does Chloe lead with time stop? If so, she probably wins, but if she starts with sealing or normal attacks, she easily gets shot before she can finish it and the phazon would begin to corrupt her.

Cough cough her high regen in the early game and her low high regen as metroid prime, as well as the scans supporting her soul being at least damaged cough

I know, ever since I've begun to participate in vs threads again, my cough has been getting worse, wonder what's up with that.

Back