• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Horse Godzilla Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may need to be evaluations from calc group members, but looks promising.

There may need to be evaluations from calc group members, but looks promising.
Deep beneath the sea, Godzilla sleeps only to suddenly have the earth's tectonic plates shift, the resulting energy engulfing Godzilla.

This durability feat could be Godzilla tanking a 9 Magnitude Earthquake, since it says that it was a massive realease of energy

From Godzilla's point of view it was MASSIVE

Well if Godzilla causes at least an 8 Magnitude earthquakes, Then it maybe a at least a 9 Magnitude earthquake....cause a slight increase wouldn't be 'massive' in his point of view.

Magnitude 9 earthquake is 1.995262e+18 Joules or 476.87 Megatons (Mountain level)

My previous calc for City level+shaking island feat was accepted and it is consistent with the Magnitute 9 Eaqrthquake durability feat.

The info will look like this in the profile:

'''Mountain level''' (Survived a slam of Gekido-jin said attack realeased this much energy, Godzilla was also engulfed by the massive energy of two earth's tectonic plates shifting)

Last edited:
As long as the calculations have been accepted by our calc group, they should be fine to apply.

As long as the calculation has been evaluated and accepted, it should be fine.

As long as the calculation has been evaluated and accepted, it should be fine.
No no... I'm talking about this feat:

Deep beneath the sea, Godzilla sleeps only to suddenly have the earth's tectonic plates shift, the resulting energy engulfing Godzilla.

This durability feat could be Godzilla tanking a 9 Magnitude Earthquake, since it says that it was a massive realease of energy

From Godzilla's point of view it was MASSIVE

Well if Godzilla causes at least an 8 Magnitude earthquakes, Then it maybe a at least a 9 Magnitude earthquake....cause a slight increase wouldn't be 'massive' in his point of view.

Magnitude 9 earthquake is 1.995262e+18 Joules or 476.87 Megatons (Mountain level)

My previous calc for City level+shaking island feat was accepted and it is consistent with the Magnitute 9 Eaqrthquake durability feat.

It doesn't seem like he caused the earthquake itself, or tanked anywhere near the full energy of it.

Well, given that he is much smaller than the tectonic plates, I don't think that he could have withstood anywhere near the full energies from their movements, and the feat seems extremely hard to calculate properly, due to lack of specific data.

This isn't about Godzilla but about mathematics.

I fixed the speed part as Jasonsith suggested and Kieran agrees the explosion formula can be used in this case.

Last edited:
I believe that many of Jason's replies are from before Apex changed the calculation.

I have spoken with Apex regarding the calculation and for lack of better options I believe that the values used are fair enough, considering we get nothing regarding speed of the sudden shift. But Apex supplied evidence of something relatively similar to what is being described.

As for Jason's mention of the Inverse Square Law, I believe it would work this way, not the full energy would be acting on Godzilla, so Inverse Square Law would apply here afaik.

Okay, but the calculation blog says Multi-Continent level, if I remember correctly. Has the inverse-square law truly been factored into the calculations?

Godzilla is very large in that version of the calculation, and the Tectonic plates are moving very quickly so the Kinetic Energy is pretty high.
For the record, I believe that the low end of the calculation should be used.

Okay, but the calculation blog says Multi-Continent level, if I remember correctly. Has the inverse-square law truly been factored into the calculations?
The KE of the plates is Moon level.

However Godzilla only took a fraction of it based in his body area in square meters.

There are two ends

Using the area of a 100 meters Godzilla

Or the 227 meters of Dark Horse Godzilla accordingly one of the pages.

I was gonna use the first one which result is Country level+

Okay, but shouldn't a 100 meters tall character compared to the side area of a full continental plate withstand a much smaller amount of energy? It seems very counter-intuitive, or at least exaggerated, to me.

Perhaps you can find a professional calculation or value for the energy of two of Earth's continental plates, and then use the inverse square law for that?

Okay, but shouldn't a 100 meters tall character compared to the side area of a full continental plate withstand a much smaller amount of energy? It seems very counter-intuitive, or at least exaggerated, to me.

Perhaps you can find a professional calculation or value for the energy of two of Earth's continental plates, and then use the inverse square law for that?
The KE of the two tectonic plates is Moon level.

I think an easier way to do it would be to find the average area of a Tectonic Plate to find the area in which the energy was applied, and then apply this to Godzilla's surface area.

Pretty roughly:
7 Major Tectonic Plates on Earth
  • Surface Area of Earth = 510100000km2
  • Area of 1 Plate = 510100000 / 7 = 72871428.5714km2
  • Assuming a circular shape (This is kinda weird but I got nothing else)
  • Average radius would be ~4816.1910400868km
  • Applying this to a Cylinder for a full surface area, knowing that Tectonic Plates are 125km thick
  • 1.5e+8km2 = 1.5e+14m2
  • Assuming the energy is distributed evenly around the Plate:
    • 364925784172642142208000000000 / 1.5e+14 = 2.4328386e+15 Joules / Square Metre
    • Surface Area of Godzilla (Low End) = 10,540.925533895
    • 10,540.925533895 * 2.4328386e+15 = 2.5644371e+19 Joules
      • 6.1291517686424477063 Gigatons of TNT
      • Island level

I think an easier way to do it would be to find the average area of a Tectonic Plate to find the area in which the energy was applied, and then apply this to Godzilla's surface area.

Pretty roughly:
7 Major Tectonic Plates on Earth
  • Surface Area of Earth = 510100000km2
  • Area of 1 Plate = 510100000 / 7 = 72871428.5714km2
  • Assuming a circular shape (This is kinda weird but I got nothing else)
  • Average radius would be ~4816.1910400868km
  • Applying this to a Cylinder for a full surface area, knowing that Tectonic Plates are 125km thick
  • 1.5e+8km2 = 1.5e+14m2
  • Assuming the energy is distributed evenly around the Plate:
    • 364925784172642142208000000000 / 1.5e+14 = 2.4328386e+15 Joules / Square Metre
    • Surface Area of Godzilla (Low End) = 10,540.925533895
    • 10,540.925533895 * 2.4328386e+15 = 2.5644371e+19 Joules
      • 6.1291517686424477063 Gigatons of TNT
      • Island level
You have to multiply the resul by 2 due to Godzilla being crushed by 2 tectonic plates.

You are allowed to ask again for help via our official calculations evaluations requests thread, since you updated the calculation significantly:

Tell us here if it is accepted.

You are allowed to ask again for help via our official calculations evaluations requests thread, since you updated the calculation significantly:

Tell us here if it is accepted.

I have replied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back