• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Deception: Scaling Overhaul

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

The Calcs/feats​

(195.7 Megajoules or 0.046 tons)
(656.1 Megajoules or 0.1582 Tons)
(33.1 Megajoules or 0.0079 tons by existing)
(1.14 Tons by existing)

Dread Ducky: Busts through sewer walls
(Probably high-end 9-B or Low-End 9-A.)

So new calcs, most 9-A and one 8-C+ Let's cover the scaling for these calcs in this thread.

Who scales(has profiles)​

Lucky the Rabbit: downscales from the first Calc's value, due to being inferior but not incomparable to Hangry.

Malak: Upscales from the fourth value, Bierce plays games with the Joy Joy Gang with Doug in the field, she plays none with Malak. Oh, and all three members of the Joy Joy Gang, even Lucky, despite his arrogance, respect Malak pretty deeply and follow his orders even as the stronger Joy Kill. Same with Reaper Nurses and Matron.

Bierce: Scales to Malak

Who scales(lacks profiles)​

Hangry the Pig: Performed the first Calc, scales to it

Penny the Chicken: downscales from the first Calc's value, due to being inferior but not incomparable to Hangry.

Joy Kill: Scales to Matron as a Boss Monster from the next level, scales to Fouth Calc's value

Mama Bear: Scales above first calc for being the following monster and seemingly more trusted by Malak then Lucky and his gang, possibly scales to Fourth calc(Is the boss of her level, although she is beaten outright in it instead of beating herself)

Doug Houser: Chapter 3 key; scales to Third Calc, harmed Goliath Clowns directly, and in Chapter 4 one-shot a Reaper Nurse multiple times

Reaper Nurses: AP only, Can one-shot Doug Houser, Durability scales to Murder Monkey's 0.5 Megajoules for fragmenting a wooden door

Dread Duckies: Can kill Doug Houser, scales to Third Calc

Clown Gremlins: Can Kill Doug Houser in numbers, downscales from Third Calc

Trigger Teddies: Kill Doug Houser via Self-destruction, upscales from Third calc

Last edited:
Okay so I thought it was the axes being thrown getting calced but it was the Titan Watcher itself, so feat in the OP and now 8-C+ Top Tiers. Go figure

I posted a request to calculate some of these on the Calculation Request Thread but I see you already handled most of them. I'll update my post to only include feats that have not been calculated.

I posted a request to calculate some of these on the Calculation Request Thread but I see you already handled most of them. I'll update my post to only include feats that have not been calculated.
Why are you using that completely worthless thread? Nobody does shit there lol

Why are you using that completely worthless thread? Nobody does shit there lol
Well crap. By the way, I think Doug Houser shouldn't have a Post Chapter 3 key. He really only scales to 9-A with the use of weapons because otherwise every single monster can still oneshot him easily. His physicals should scale to his barricade breaking feats.

Well crap. By the way, I think Doug Houser shouldn't have a Post Chapter 3 key. He really only scales to 9-A with the use of weapons because otherwise every single monster can still oneshot him easily. His physicals should scale to his barricade breaking feats.
He... 100% should. He already one-shots those who scale to Barricade destruction in Durability(Reaper Nurses), what's stopping him from just downscaling from Goliath Clowns AKA just scaling to the value?

He... 100% should. He already one-shots those who scale to Barricade destruction in Durability(Reaper Nurses), what's stopping him from just downscaling from Goliath Clowns AKA just scaling to the value?
Because he only oneshotted Reaper Nurses while wielding their own syringes against them, same goes with him oneshotting Clown Gremlins with the hammer. So basically, the Reaper Nurses should be 9-B physically (upscaling from Monkeys), 9-A with their weapons. It also depends on the value his wood breaking feat gives because it is likely lower than door breaking. Do you know someone who can calculate it?

Because he only oneshotted Reaper Nurses while wielding their own syringes against them. So basically, the Reaper Nurses should be 9-B physically (upscaling from Monkeys), 9-A with their weapons. It also depends on the value his wood breaking feat gives because it is likely lower than door breaking. Do you know someone who can calculate it?
Remember that cutscene... where he rekt'd a reaper nurse with a punch?

Remember that cutscene... where he rekt'd a reaper nurse with a punch?
The escape sequence? Look closely. He yanked the syringe from the nurse's arm while she was caught off guard from him teleporting and then he hit her with it. You can even see that the syringe disappeared when she fell on the ground. The other nurse that ran up got launched with Primal Fear.

The escape sequence? Look closely. He yanked the syringe from the nurse's arm while she was caught off guard from him teleporting and then he hit her with it. You can even see that the syringe disappeared when she fell on the ground. The other nurse that ran up got launched with Primal Fear.
We see Doug hit the Reaper Nurses with Syringes in Gameplay mate, if they wanted Doug to hit the Reaper Nurse with a Syringe in the cutscene, they would've done so. we see exactly where the Reaper Nurse is hit, and it sure as hell ain't Via a massive syringe, the impact is too small for that

We see Doug hit the Reaper Nurses with Syringes in Gameplay mate, if they wanted Doug to hit the Reaper Nurse with a Syringe in the cutscene, they would've done so. we see exactly where the Reaper Nurse is hit, and it sure as hell ain't Via a massive syringe, the impact is too small for that
Alright then. So if what I'm getting is right, the nurses are 9-B physically, 9-A with syringes (Doug still needed the syringes to send them flying hard enough to harm the Matron) and Post Chapter 3 Doug is 9-B physically for being able to harm them? Okay yeah, that makes sense actually.

Alright then. So if what I'm getting is right, the nurses are 9-B physically, 9-A with syringes (Doug still needed the syringes to send them flying hard enough to harm the Matron) and Post Chapter 3 Doug is 9-B physically for being able to harm them? Okay yeah, that makes sense actually.
The Matron harmed herself on busting Ambulances did she not? Lol

But Doug is 9-A downscaling from Goliath Clowns supported by one-shotting the 9-B Reaper Nurse with a punch

Keep in mind, especially with those hammers, hitting something hard you WILL feel the force of that hit.

But Doug is 9-A downscaling from Goliath Clowns supported by one-shotting the 9-B Reaper Nurse with a punch
You can oneshot someone without being an entire tier higher than them. Doug being 9-B is supported by later monsters still being able to oneshot him with ease.

Uh, no? She was being harmed from having the nurses launched at her.
Actually, no, I see, her board thing was being damaged by the nurses' bodies I believe.
You can oneshot someone without being an entire tier higher than them. Doug being 9-B is supported by Joy Joy Gang who are 9-A being able to oneshot him.
Oh wow, things 5.9x stronger then Doug could one-shot him. That's actually consistent with the new one-shot gap of 5x.

Doug Downscales from Golaith Clowns but Massively Upscales from Reaper Nurses, sounds like reason to make him 9-A to me!

Actually, no, I see, her board thing was being damaged by the nurses' bodies I believe.

Oh wow, things 5.9x stronger then Doug could one-shot him. That's actually consistent with the new one-shot gap of 5x.

Doug Downscales from Golaith Clowns but Massively Upscales from Reaper Nurses, sounds like reason to make him 9-A to me!
Okay, I did not see the values for Joy Joy Gang when I made that comment. Well, I have no other arguments against all of this.

Yeah Goliath Clowns do be kinda fodder lol
Hang on. If Doug can harm Goliath Clowns and scales to them physically then they shouldn't be able to oneshot him, no? Even the Clown Gremlins who massively downscale from the Goliaths can oneshot Doug.

Hang on. If Doug can harm Goliath Clowns and scales to them physically then they shouldn't be able to oneshot him, no? Even the Clown Gremlins who massively downscale from the Goliaths can oneshot Doug.
"Doug scales to goliath clowns!"

"Check the verse page, he Massively downscales and simply scales to the value"

And Clown Gremlins more consistently take multiple hits to kill Doug, and probably knocked him out and then killed him, this exact same thing happened with Joy Joy Gang under orders to beat the devil out of, but not Kill, Doug.

"Doug scales to goliath clowns!"

"Check the verse page, he Massively downscales and simply scales to the value"

And Clown Gremlins more consistently take multiple hits to kill Doug, and probably knocked him out and then killed him, this exact same thing happened with Joy Joy Gang under orders to beat the devil out of, but not Kill, Doug.
Alright, then there's really no other problems. The scaling chain might change if monsters from previous levels make a return in Chapter 5 though.

Alright, then there's really no other problems. The scaling chain might change if monsters from previous levels make a return in Chapter 5 though.
Yeah the funny thing is is that you do have a competent scaler at the head of this verse lol

I've already applied and am currently in the process of making more profiles, by the end you'll be seeing all ends of the spectrum covered and basically everyone will have profiles
I was thinking maybe we should give the Riddle of Heaven its own item profile but I'm not sure where we should place it.

Back