• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danzo Shimura vs Obito Uchiha

Apparently yeah. Maybe you can theorize that Danzo channeled Koto through his other eye or something (lol?) but that's just a theory and as far as we know he can just put someone under Koto without eye contact.

Danzo has Koto ready and is willing to use it since he doesn't have 10 years cooldown.

Literally nothing stops him from using it,and Obito doesn't have answer to that.

Danzo takes this 10/10.

Slacjow said:
Danzo has Koto ready and is willing to use it since he doesn't have 10 years cooldown.
Literally nothing stops him from using it,and Obito doesn't have answer to that.

Danzo takes this 10/10.
Youtube-Comments tier argument right here. I already debunked this, and explained how Obito can counter it.

VS debates aren't your forte dude.

I already debunked this, and explained how Obito can counter it.

Counter Koto?You seriously think Obito can counter Top 2 the most powerful genjutsu in Narutoverse?Danzo literally looks in the general direction of his opponent and he is done for,and if he knows that his enemy is around he won't even need to look at him since Koto has AOE.I don't think you can debunk canon material from the manga,Koto will put down most of the Narutoverse.

Youtube-Comments tier argument right here.VS debates aren't your forte dude.

How about you don't insult anyone?I know staff lately gives free passes on insults but don't turn this into a mess,OK?

I agree with Slacjow. As I initially said, Obito's only counter to Koto is preparing Izanagi to counter it, but it's extremely unlikely he'd do this before Danzo uses Koto, maybe if he had prep he would. As it stands, Danzo is most likely to win simply because he's extremely likely to use Koto very early in the fight as he has already mentioned he was saving it for Obito.

If Izanagi can undo being pulped, beheaded, etc, etc. I can say with the utmost confidence that it could restore Obito to a state prior to being hit with Kotoamatsukami. And once he realized Danzo was about to fight him, he'd probably program his eye accordingly.

By the way,it doesn't work like that.Izanagi revives your body to the state it was right before the death.And even in the scenario where Danzo wouldn't use Koto immediately Izanagi won't restore Obito's body at the certain condition.You can only delay the moment when Koto activates but not the condition your body gets revived.

Izanagi undo's any events the user wants it to within a short period of time, which would include Obito being under Koto. It doesn't just revive you, that's just how it was used.

So you both agree that a bloodlusted Obito wins? Because he'd set up Izanagi to counter Koto instantly.

Even in character, he knows Danzo has Koto and is willing to use it. I don't think it's too far fetched to think he'd prep an izanagi.

Counter Koto?You seriously think Obito can counter Top 2 the most powerful genjutsu in Narutoverse?Danzo literally looks in the general direction of his opponent and he is done for,and if he knows that his enemy is around he won't even need to look at him since Koto has AOE.I don't think you can debunk canon material from the manga,Koto will put down most of the Narutoverse.

To be completely frank with you, Obito's own Genjutsu feats surpass Kotoamatsukami. Controlling a Perfect Jinjurichi like a puppet for years is quite frankly more impressive than anything I've seen from Koto. Overiding Edo Tensei isn't as impressive as you may think, since Kabuto could Genjutsu Edo Itachi. Feats>>> statements. That is a fact.

We've also never seen Kotoamatsukami pull off something as riduculous as puppeting a perfect Jinjurichi.Something that mind you, has been established as impossible in the Narutoverse.

As ridiculous as it all sounds, that's the truth.

By the way,it doesn't work like that.Izanagi revives your body to the state it was right before the death.And even in the scenario where Danzo wouldn't use Koto immediately Izanagi won't restore Obito's body at the certain condition.You can only delay the moment when Koto activates but not the condition your body gets revived.

You lecture me on "not knowing canon material" yet you don't actually know how Izanagi works? The jutsu literally works by "turning fantasy into reality" You understand what that means right? Obito getting blown up by Konan was his fate? Nope, that was never real. Madara dying to hashirama? For some time, yes, but not anymore. That was never real.

Obito being hit by Kotoamatsukami? That was never real.

How about you don't insult anyone?I know staff lately gives free passes on insults but don't turn this into a mess,OK?

Sure. Just put a little more effort into your arguments, otherwise you come off as one of those goons on Youtube or Comic Vine who go "lol x gg" and give VS debaters a bad name.

Back