• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't see Yvatal killing Dante before Dante time stops and slashes him with Yamato.

Also, you're trying to give Dante an L aren't you?

You did want someone to make a Master Hand vs Dante thread so you could vote....

Also check your message wall.

The Death Manipulation. How does it work? It seems like his Petrification is as a result of firing an energy beam which Dante can absorb, reflect or stop time and sidestep. Is Yveltal resistant to his own petrification?

The way Yveltal's death manip works is it spreads its wings and they start to glow red, and then it absorbs the life force of everything nearby. If it dies then it absorbs the life force of everything on the planet.

Not just that but Yveltal can also absorb the life force of everything around it without even needing to do all that.

In the anime movie Yveltal made a swrling tornado of dark energy that wasnt even coming into contact with dozens of pokemon yet their life force was still being drained. They needed Xerneas to come in and save them.

I don't see Dante winning here tbh. If he kills Yveltal, Yveltal will just kill him via absorbing his life force post death? The most Dante will get is inconclusive since both would be dead, only with Yveltal reviving again in at most 1000 years.

@Gargoyle Okay, Dante stops time and manages to kill Yveltal, now what? If he unfreezes time Yveltal kills everything, him included.

yeah from what ik inconclusive seems to be the case as Dante can take this bird down but he dies as well (this bird the definition if i go down I'LL TAKE YOU WITH ME)

I mean quciksilver will be enough for him to slash with Yamato tbf which still ignores dura but i just realized something...couldn't Dante seal him? Granted its his last move instead

Yveltal spreading its wings kills Dante before he can activate a weapon. I don't know why people always think Dante will one, lead with Quicksilver, and two, due the perfect combo to guarantee a win.

Not counting my vote obviously. Have to remain impartial.

Yeah im kinda with Cal on this one, plus Yveltal could use Taunt to make it so Dante is only able to use purely offensive attacks and can nullify Dante's powers with Disable. Also, how do we treat Phantom Force?

Gargoyle 1 said:
Are we sure Dante can't activate the Bangle of time before an attack that he knows he can't dodge hits him?
How would Dante even know about Yveltal's attacks? All he will see is Yveltal spread its wings and it is all over.

The real cal howard said:
Yveltal spreading its wings kills Dante before he can activate a weapon. I don't know why people always think Dante will one, lead with Quicksilver, and two, due the perfect combo to guarantee a win.

Not counting my vote obviously. Have to remain impartial.
Seriously? This thing happens in versus matches involving characters that are loaded with hax. Especially from Tier 2 and above. Everyone always talks like they'd do the most convenient thing at the perfect time and nobody ever complains. It's present in every single one of them. Well, maybe not all but almost all. I didn't get it at first, but I'm already used to it. So, why should it be any different for haxxed lower tiered characters? I know it goes against the 'in character' thing, but hey, so do Tier 2 and above versus matches.

The whole in character thing is one massive unsolvable problem.

Also what "combo" exactly? Using literally any weapon Dante has? Can Yvetal survive every one of Dante's weapons except Yamato.

Err, well it obviously isn't limited to Tier 2 characters. As long as there's relevant or absurd hax, everything's apparently fine.

Back