• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Ryuko: Let's Do It

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
I got requested to handle this match by someone, and it seems like it's a popular match idea. In the words of Dante: Let's Rock!

Rules:

- Both at 7-A (Anime Dante vs Post 3-Star Absorption Ryuko)

- Speed Equalised why do we even have a speed stat anymore it's never used

- Both start 50 metres apart in a large, open field

- Both in-character, but willing to kill

DMC TAS Dante
Ryuko (Life Fiber Synchronize)

The Devilish Demon Debonair Doubtlessly Drowning in Debt :

I don't know anything about Kill la Kill so just pretend I put a witty name here :

Patty stomps both of them:

Jokes aside, iirc Ryuko beats/equals someone who stomps 4 people who are 105 megatons

Dante is equal to 244 megatons and stomps that in DT

Biggest issue here is Ryuko's regen, which Dante can get around with freezing via Cerberus, Incineration via Ifrit, etc, etc. Or just using Trigger Burst to turn her into a fine red mist.

Basically, Dante verges on stomping here. Even with speed unequal since they seem to be in the same ballpark of speed.

One is complete encasment in ice, the other is just straight 7-A lava.

And even if those aren't enough, Trigger Burst will reduce her into mist with that AP difference.

Encasement in ice and lava heat wont work seeing as Ryuko's passive body heat is enough to liquefy stone on contact

You know it would have to be several thousand times above her dura to be able to turn her into mist right?

Fair, I am being a tad hyperbolic.

Still. There's nothing Ryuko can do to really win here. Either she gets knocked out by Dante or she gets sealed when he gets annoyed enough that he doesn't want to deal with her/realizes he can't get past her regen.

She can't effectively harm him, he doesn't have life fibers so her absorbstion doesn't work, etc, etc.

Getting knocked out becomes physically impossible for people who have Mid regen or above

Isnt his sealing ability exclusive to his Devil Trigger?

Oh? Would you happen to have a scan of him using it out of his DT? Legitimately asking because i genuinely thought it was exclusive to his DT in this key. And how does it work?

Because being knocked out requires damaging the brain, which Mid regen allows you to recover

Hits you with a bullet, sealed into hell, which is another universe.

He can timestop and amp his speed with DT, though not to the degree he could when he has the quick heart. Either way it'd hit.

And the only time Dante uses it is when he's out of DT like what.

His Sealing ability isn't exclusive to Devil Trigger. You might be thinking of the debate surrounding whether his Sealing is exclusive to when he is wielding the Sparda, which so far is... eh.

The debate went nowhere, and I disagree since the cutscene where he uses it shows him in normal form without red eyes, meaning he isn't using DT.

KnightOfSunlight said:
And Dante was amped, but the sealing was his doing.
Proof? Dante doesnt really have any feats of sealing on his own without backup from someone else.

Trish has never shown anything remotely near sealing, and the description implies it's an AP amp (which is an outlier for Trish but still)

Oh an here's another one, BFR.

An absurd amount of discussion is going into a less consequential point here. Yes, Sealing is a viable win-con, so it should be discussed. But he uses it rarely enough that most if not all viable win-cons for both of them would be more likely. The Sealing aspect has, at best, a mild result on the outcome of the match.

How does that prove that Dante can perform sealing without being amped by someone else?

How does his BFR work?

Depends on whether or not Dante seals or BFRs.

If he does, then he wins.

If he can't, then the Ap difference isn't really enough to bipass Ryuko's level of Regenerationn, in which case Ryuko will continuously get stronger until she's able to beat him.

Oh yeah Dante still has the Sparda here, he just can't use its DT because that would make this the ultra stomp.

And then there's Hellfire which quoting/paraphrasing from the page "can overcome regen and fire manipulation and attacks the soul"

And her getting stronger is wow no. Dante has reactive growth too my guy.

Also, as for Ryuko's AP, Synchronized Ryuko is immensely superior to Base Ryuko who oneshots dozens of COVERs and Nui clones who are equal to the MK 2 Elite 4 who tanked 147 Megatons with no damage

KnightOfSunlight said:
Dante is able to go from being roflstomped to being able to oneshot the opponent after being cut in half once?

No he was amped by the Sparda Sword, he has that naturally at this point

No he wasn't. He left Sparda to Trish before he decided to leave Mallet Island.

Oloserian said:
Where is that on his profile?
"Accelerated Development (Passive; Physical Stats, Abilities. Was capable of unlocking his powers in near exhausted states, like when he's been beaten by Vergil and unlocked his Devil Trigger, or when his Majin form activates when in near death)"

Considering Dante literally left the sword right next to her when he left and the next time we see Sparda it's on Trish, yes she does have it.

Oh and no one has even paid any attention to the Hellfire manip on ifrit.

Which negates regen as per how hellfire manip is listed as working. And attacks the soul.

Does Ryuko resist soul manip from hellfire?

Theglassman12 said:
Considering Dante literally left the sword right next to her when he left and the next time we see Sparda it's on Trish, yes she does have it.
Which she then used to amp him.

That was what I was trying to say, she used the Sparda to give Dante his sealing.

Back