• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

G33kedzinx

Username Only
SBA

speed equal but can be unequal if it makes any changes.

Vs

Nante:

Mori nan:

Dante has to many layers, but Can't do jackshit to AE duality based, the real answer it is if Mori can...Well..Defeat Donte

Dante has to many layers, but Can't do jackshit to AE duality based, the real answer it is if Mori can...Well..Defeat Donte
Explain ? Dante can affect abstract type 1 and 2 beings already. His dualities mean nothing in this matchup lol, if he has no answers to either plus more then he’s done for.

Explain ? Dante can affect abstract type 1 and 2 beings already. His dualities mean nothing in this matchup lol, if he has no answers to either plus more then he’s done for.
There is a difference between affecting concepts, and affectind dualities

There is a difference between affecting concepts, and affectind dualities
Firstly, the concept of dualities do not have relevance within the demon world or it’s inhabitants. Secondly, from skimming through justifications he still maintains a physical form and merely manipulates reality from a different place or realm. Thirdly, the notion of duality in abstract existence is a shocking first one for me , especially if the character lacks any types on their page.

Its literally in the demon physiology page that he has layered madness and even then mori still has no resistance to it.
And this was added to the pages before the layer evaluation thread existed. All verses, even those that already had accepted layers, have to go through this thread to be accepted again, otherwise they don't count, except for crts made after this thread existed.

And this was added to the pages before the layer evaluation thread existed. All verses, even those that already had accepted layers, have to go through this thread to be accepted again, otherwise they don't count, except for crts made after this thread existed.
I’m 99% sure it was but I won’t jump into conclusions without input from more supporters

Last edited:
And..He can't affect True mori because he embodies dualities, which He can't interact
And as I’ve said earlier , There’s absolutely no reason why some with AE type 1 would also have duality when non of it was even accepted.

clearly for you, I replied twice on the AE topic and you’re still showing me the same thing ? Be fr lmao.
AE doesn't apply to anything, interacting with the concept of space doesn't give you the ability to interact with the concepts of duality

Does Dante resist power null? His profile has PN but I don't see any resistances to it.
except for crts made after this thread existed.
Does this mean that if you opened a CRT for layers after the thread was made and it gets accepted you don't need to post it in the thread?

Does Dante resist power null? His profile has PN but I don't see any resistances to it.

Does this mean that if you opened a CRT for layers after the thread was made and it gets accepted you don't need to post it in the thread?
I think you’d still have to submit the layers for further evaluation not sure . how does mori AE work, Cus I’m honestly not buying the duality listed cus not having it as an ability contradicts. And yes he has enhanced resistance to powernull under demon physiology

I think you’d still have to submit the layers for further evaluation not sure .
I mean, that would be kinda weird if they were already approved by staff members and supporters in a CRT. But idk so yeah.
how does mori AE work, Cus I’m honestly not buying the duality listed cus not having it as an ability contradicts.
I'm not 100% sure but from what I the world encompasses those dualities (directly stated in GoH) and Mori literally "became the world" meaning he became one with its dualities. I'm not 100% sure that's the reasoning but that's what I remember being discussed in the CRTs about it. I frankly don't know anything about what dualities themselves are or do in a vs battle tho.
And yes he has enhanced resistance to powernull under demon physiology
Sure. His profile is pretty massive, could you like, give me what makes Dante hard to kill so ik what to look for? Mori here has comp abilities of the verse so it's pretty hard to list everything he can do that might work as a win con

So, I guess Dante can't really affect true Mori, but I don't see anything on Moris profile to be capable of killing Dante, so I think I will vote incon

Seems like a pretty explicit description of someone embodying dualities but is he not shown to be unbound by said dualities? It would have been pretty straightforward Nonduality, imo.

Also, Dualities are in the end concepts more or less, what non duality usually entails would be to be unbound by the duality of said concepts. If the character is embodying said dualities he is as a result embodying the concepts of said dualities.

Now, I don't see resistance to Madness 3 in Mori's profile? So he gets haxxed, I suppose.

Seems like a pretty explicit description of someone embodying dualities but is he not shown to be unbound by said dualities? It would have been pretty straightforward Nonduality, imo.
He is stated to be free from the laws of nature plus some other statements about being unbound by the world. But when we tried proposing it, it first got accepted then later rejected. Idk why exactly because my dumbass doesn't know what actually is non duality.
Now, I don't see resistance to Madness 3 in Mori's profile? So he gets haxxed, I suppose.
He doesn't have that as far as I'm aware. But his mind is stored within the core element which is a type 3 concept and type 2 information. Can Dantes madness affect that?

Also, Dualities are in the end concepts more or less, what non duality usually entails would be to be unbound by the duality of said concepts. If the character is embodying said dualities he is as a result embodying the concepts of said dualities.

A character able to manipulate the concept of darkness is not able to manipulate the concept of matter or an individual unless otherwise shown.
Show me that Donte has the ability to manipulate Mori Jin duality ooncept

Now I’ll talk less and watch how this turns out, changing to incon for now.

It was rejected iirc, so he just embodies dualities
Fair enough.
He doesn't have that as far as I'm aware. But his mind is stored within the core element which is a type 3 concept and type 2 information. Can Dantes madness affect that?
He doesn't even have to. Even if he couldn't, powers like Madness manip 3 which is cognition based, so the target affects themselves, not the one using the ability to affect the target. So it fully circumvents this.

Show me that Donte has the ability to manipulate Mori Jin duality ooncept
Pardon. How can I show a feat of Dante affecting Mori Jin's duality concept when they are not even of the same verse?
Also, Dante can just affect Concept based AE in general, so it would apply to concepts that are subsets of dualities, where the duality itself will be the concept.

Pardon. How can I show a feat of Dante affecting Mori Jin's duality concept when they are not even of the same verse?
Also, Dante can just affect Concept based AE in general, so it would apply to concepts that are subsets of dualities, where the duality itself will be the concept.
Give me proofs that Donte can interact with duality related concepts, or just duality in general, because you need proves to say that you can affect an specific concept. As I already stated

Give me proofs that Donte can interact with duality related concepts, or just duality in general, because you need proves to say that you can affect an specific concept. As I already stated
That's about manipulating concepts on Conceptual Manipulation, not about interaction, otherwise AE Type 1 matches would be almost impossible cuz different characters embody completely different concepts

He doesn't even have to. Even if he couldn't, powers like Madness manip 3 which is cognition based, so the target affects themselves, not the one using the ability to affect the target. So it fully circumvents this.
My bad, I didn't look at what type 3 madness manip did. Although
Limitations: Those who are capable of perceiving, understanding and/or experiencing that which is naturally extreme or incomprehensible should be able to ignore this.
What exactly qualifies for "extreme" or "incomprehensible" here?

That's about manipulating concepts on Conceptual Manipulation, not about interaction, otherwise AE Type 1 matches would be almost impossible cuz different characters embody completely different concepts
A character able to manipulate the concept of darkness is not able to manipulate the concept of matter or an individual unless otherwise shown.
Because those characters are able to manipulate ALL concepts, usually by manipulating the inner fundations of reality, or something BS like that...And from what I know, Donte CM comes from manipulating names...Wow...Very usefull

Because those characters are able to manipulate ALL concepts, usually by manipulating the inner fundations of reality, or something BS like that...And from what I know, Donte CM comes from manipulating names...Wow...Very usefull
Ummm.... Names in DMC are foundations of reality and represent many concepts that make up reality, what that has to do with anything?
Literally every single CM Type 2 is foundation of reality, doesn't mean you can manipulate literally every concept

Ummm.... Names in DMC are foundations of reality and represent many concepts that make up reality, what that has to do with anything?
Literally every single CM Type 2 is foundation of reality, doesn't mean you can manipulate literally every concept
Ah shit, then Dante stomps...Mori only saving grace is that He (possibly) has large size based on 10 universes, instead of Dante mere 2

Wait, why are we arguing about CM for Donte when the thread is dealing with Dante?

Also, DMC is not a stranger to concepts like dualities. There exists Gods/Demons who are outside the concepts of good and evil. Argosax who is everything and nothing and also both male and female etc.
But we have to index those properly in the wiki

I'm not familiar with those. Could Mujin possibly count?
So spooky that seeing or perceiving or understanding them turns u insane or even kill u.

Mujin appeared as "massive" and a "transcended being" that made people who see him completely submit to him out of awe.
From the looks of it, no. If there is more feats to it, that by trying to comprehend Mujin will turn them insane or something then it could maybe qualify

Back