• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Mephiles the Dark

It's in one of the cutscenes, though I couldn't tell you the context. For the last 12 years I've put a mental block on that game.

Well, not really, I mean, I still stick to my vote and I haven't seen in any video (that i know of) mephiles regenerating from a lone molecule or scattered atoms.

The only thing that mephiles has for the win is the higher AP and time, the clones and the dura doesn't meant much since yamato is a thing with beowulf and doppelgänger.

The big problem is the regen but I still think it probably qualify as mid-high and i still doubt it, but since I'm not knowledgeable in Sonic 2006 I'm not gonna bother with the CRT. As always a scan or a video proving his regen would be perfect.

I thought we always used end game versions unless specified especially since here Dante doesn't really go through any jumps in stats or anything. And I would say dante is at his prime throughout the entire game.

But my reasoning for saying he probably shouldn't have yamoto is because he only used it for a short period of time and didn't keep it.

If you're going to state how Mephilis is above 511 Pettatons you should state the same for Dante as well.

172 Pettatons is from a fodder in his verse after all

Gargoyle One said:
If you're going to state how Mephilis is above 511 Pettatons you should state the same for Dante as well.

172 Pettatons is from a fodder in his verse after all
Mephiles one shot Sonic (511 petatons) with an energy beam.

I know

That doesn't have anything to do with my post tho

Also, timeframeless surface-bust is actually 366 petatons. Sonic's page links to an OPM blog, where the timeframe was given.

I know

That doesn't have anything to do with my post tho

Eh, I was going by the calcs and saw Mephiles has a significant AP advantage.

RebubleUselet said:
Also, timeframeless surface-bust is actually 366 petatons. Sonic's page links to an OPM blog, where the timeframe was given.
CSRC's surface bust calc was timeframeless too iirc

CSRC's surface bust calc was timeframeless too iirc

That's what he means

Also retract my vote if you don't mind, gotta think a bit more on this now with the AP thing

I think I found the issue. Kep used a "near-total fatalities" method, while the guy behind an OPM blog used a "total fatalities" one.

RebubleUselet said:
I think I found the issue. Kep used a "near-total fatalities" method, while the guy behind an OPM blog used a "total fatalities" one.
The calc is on Ifrit's page who can scorch the entire surfaces of planets. It's still listed as 511.71 petatons.

You guys are forgetting Gilgamesh's Transmutation...again

Also Dreadnaught amps Dante's durability, DMC4 Dante already have this skill

Tony di bugalu said:
Well, not really, I mean, I still stick to my vote and I haven't seen in any video (that i know of) mephiles regenerating from a lone molecule or scattered atoms.

The only thing that mephiles has for the win is the higher AP and time, the clones and the dura doesn't meant much since yamato is a thing with beowulf and doppelgänger.

The big problem is the regen but I still think it probably qualify as mid-high and i still doubt it, but since I'm not knowledgeable in Sonic 2006 I'm not gonna bother with the CRT. As always a scan or a video proving his regen would be perfect.
Now he doesn't even have the AP advantage and we haven't seen proof of that regen. I still go with Dante.

Actually there was an old thread questioning the legitimacy of sonic's high 6-A tiering. It was never truly decided what his base tier was people just stopped discussing it. I could link it if you all want me to.

Back