• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Mephiles the Dark

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
An edgy hedgehog with cool abilities... Mephiles should get more usage

This is DMC4 Dante. Speed is equalised.

Who wins and why?

Dante: 1

Mephiles: 3

Inconclusive: 1

Mephiles > Shadow, and he also one shot Sonic who is generally considered Shadow's equal. That and different abilities could change how the match goes.

No

We can't just cry "Stomp" because of a single ability or so many matches would be removed.

Anyway, Mephilis via Regenerationn and higher AP

would dante be able to incapacitate mephiles in any possible way?

How does his Time Manipulation work? And actually, looking at Mephiles' weakness, I think Dante might try to use Beowulf to incap him

Now I'd like to know whether we consider that Dante has Beowulf here or not, 'cause it seems like his only way to win this match

No I mean Beowulf, because it has Light Manipulation, and Mephiles is vulnerable against it.

I think I'll retract my vote for the time being.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't go out of your way to make this match seem like a stomp. Remember that decisive matches don't equal stomp matches.

Vote retracted

I vote for Dante.

while it's true that Mephiles has a higher AP, he lacks decent hax and his regen isn't anything new.

This Dante has yamato, time stop/slow, light based attacks (Mephiles is weakness), a decent AP (he is stated to be superior to Sparda in the game, don't quote this 'cuz i'm not sure), and even then he can go with Doppelganger style to deal more damage.

Overall i go with Dante 8/10

RebubleUselet said:
How does his Time Manipulation work? And actually, looking at Mephiles' weakness, I think Dante might try to use Beowulf to incap him
Chaos Control, and you need 2 Emeralds to do so iirc

his time travel i mean

Mephiles can use time travel with only one emerald like he did to take both blaze and silver back in time.

And I am not sure this dante has Yamato as he gave it back to nero at the end of the game and only used it to fight savior when nero was trapped inside and he needed to give it to nero.

Alright, I think I'll vote inconclusive, because this match can go in a variety of ways IMO, considering the powers both sides have.

Tony di bugalu said:
I vote for Dante.
while it's true that Mephiles has a higher AP, he lacks decent hax and his regen isn't anything new.
That regen is Low-High, while Mephiles' is High. That's a very big difference right there.

@DMB 1 I'm blind then, sorry.

Just asking but when or where does Mephiles regenerates from from scattered or lone molecules, atoms, or particles? The only thing I saw was some smoke thingy.

I'm not knowledgeable about him or sonic in general.

Back