• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there's no need to question my existence as it is none of your business.

And apparently she can stop time during gameplay with Absolute witch time according to the OBD. I have no idea what they're talking about. I tried to find an instance where Bayo stopped time but, I had no such luck. Oh well. Maybe someone else will have more determination than me in this debate.

ok, so, I just watched the clip featuring Quicksilver. On the DMC Wiki, bless us because we don't have our hands on any other sources, the Quicksilver Style is said to give Dante lighting speed or in another one, allow Dante to move freely in the battle field. In gameplay, because we're only see a single cutscene with it being used, against falling rocks nonetheless, that it sure was a timestop ! This is the same when he used it on in game enemies. The only problem is as long as Dante begins to move that his enemies start to move too, at a slower rate than him but still. Reason: he's quickly drained on his DT Gauge, so its effect is worn off gradually. Bayo's Witch Time, on the other hands is surely more visibly consistent, that her enemies are slowed to a crawl as long as it is in effect. So yeah, Dante can only stop time for a short while, until his DT Gauge starts to deplete. Here is the scenario: Bayo uses Witch Time, Dante, somehow, by any luck that he has albeit how much illogical it is, notices and uses QS to counter Witch Time. Bayo is stopped, but then as soon as Dante starts to move, QS is wear off, Bayo is no longer is within the time stop, time basically just returns to its slow movement under her Witch Time. And the second she realizes her opponent can use time controlling ability, she's gonna stack her Witch Time again. Unlike QS, Witch Time has been shown numerous times to be activated with just a thought, and can be stacked on top of each other. So the moment Bayo thinks "Bugger, this talkative one can stop time, gotta stack my Witch Time then", then it's endgame for Dante.

The reason I mentioned the Bracelet of Time and the Bangle of Time is because there's 2 scenarios here. One, people arguing that they are indeed the same item, just under different names and designs. Two, people arguing that Dante can just use it to counter Bayo's Witch Time because they are not the same item. So I've gotta drag my lazy ass to explain in each case why it wouldn't work against someone like Bayo.

-Case number one: supposed they were the same item, in this case, people would like to believe that it's made by Eva the Umbra Witch and that she was Dante's late mother, then it's still useless against Bayonetta. Reason: its magic and mechanism must have definitely been based on Umbra Witch's magic and technology. In other words, it temporarily gives Dante a taste of using Witch Time. HOWEVER, said Witch Time is unusable against other high level Umbra Witches. Reference: the 1st encounter of Bayo and Jeanne on the plane, the two uses Witch Time but neither of them are slowed down. So yeah, the Bangle of Time is useless because it's just an item with the magic of the Umbra, and for high level witches like Bayo and Jeanne, they are immune to it. Not to mention if anyone believed the Eva is an Umbra Witch theory, they might try to argue that then Dante couldn't be slowed down by Witch Time since his mom was an Umbra Witch. There are 2 things wrong within such statement. One: Umbra Witches can bear children and their offsprings can still be a normal person, as in the children don't possess any Spiritual Magic. This is stated in the in-game notebook, written by Luka's father. So there is a high chance that Dante was born without any of the Spiritual Magic. AKA, he's not immune to Witch Time. Two: even if we give him the benefits of doubt, that Dante inherited Spiritual Magic due to his mom being an Umbra Witch, then it is still not guaranteed that he can use the Bangle's Witch Time to the max potential or immune to superior Witch Time. Witch Time is an ability that Umbra Witches need to harness and train, high level Umbra Witches like Bayo, Jeanne and Rosa have more superior control of Witch Time than other lay Umbra Witches. So with that in mind, even with the magic inherited from his mom, Dante still won't be able to use Witch Time with the Bangle or immune to high level Witch Time like the likes of Bayo's or Jeanne's. Besides, the Bangle can only affect weaker demons while bosses such as Phatasm, Griffon or Mundus are immune to it. Bayo and Jeanne themselves are boss level in their game also, so tl;dr Bayo can easily shrug off the effect of the Bangle of Time and play along with Dante.

-Case number two: the people who believe that the two are seperate items and Bayo can still be affected by it. Problems with this case are one: Dante's never been seen using it in cutscene, only in game mechanic, so by game mechanic we will analyse this. Dante needs to punch the ground everytime to use the Bangle. Bayonetta, on the other hands, has been shown in numerous, numerous occasions that she can activate Witch Time at will. It's instant, it's zap. Bayo can cast Witch Time before Dante's knuckle meets the ground. It's undeniable that she can do that. Besides, even if the Bangle works, what make you think it will affect Bayo while within the game it is in, it couldn't even stop bosses ? And Bayo is a boss level character. Hell, the final boss for the Angel Slayer chapters is Bayo herself.

So yeah, I've just spent lots of time to explain and analyse in many scenario why Dante can not and will not be able to top Bayo in term of time manipulation. I sincerely hope this will make you understand and admit that Dante is leagues below Bayo when it comes to time control, which is an undeniable fact.

Bayonetta at this moment in time is able to beat Dante via her superior speed no doubt. But you have no concrete proof whatsoever that Bayonetta can use Witch Time when time has stopped completely. Also the whole boss enemy logic is just very odd. Some enemies have timestop resistance within the DMC series.

With Quicksilver, it only stops for barely any amount of time. With the Bangle of Time, it can only be used against beings of whom are inferior to Dante, but anyone near or above his strength won't get effected. That's my interpretation of it, and seeing as how Bayo beats Dante in most categories, I believe she'd be considered a superior being and therefore would not be effected by the Bangle.

I believe this sounds the most logical. Yes, there's no proof and it's an assumption, but there are many assumptions to be made in fictional battles such as this one.

Foxthefox1000 said:
With Quicksilver, it only stops for barely any amount of time.
With the Bangle of Time, it can only be used against beings of whom are inferior to Dante, but anyone near or above his strength won't get effected. That's my interpretation of it, and seeing as how Bayo beats Dante in most categories, I believe she'd be considered a superior being and therefore would not be effected by the Bangle.

I believe this sounds the most logical. Yes, there's no proof and it's an assumption, but there are many assumptions to be made in fictional battles such as this one.
Bangle of Time worked with Nelo Angelo, which was almost powerful as base Dante

Seeing as how there hasn't been a reply in many hours and there are more here in favor of Bayonetta, is it safe to say that a conclusion has been reached?

I believe it was at some point but was removed for reasons I don't know of. Should somebody add this to her victories now then?

No death battle. Feel free to start a discussion in the general discussion thread, but mentions of DB will simply derail this one.

TheMightyRegulator said:
No death battle. Feel free to start a discussion in the general discussion thread, but mentions of DB will simply derail this one.
Has Dante's abigail feat been properly calced? I heard that it managed to get multi continent level or something along those lines.

Pietro Maximoff said:
So, Dante won the DB....
Funny thing is that Hideki Kamiya (creator of both Dante and Bayonetta) has apparently voiced his approval of this fight on Twitter. It'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of this given that he already said that Bayonetta would win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back