• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante Alighieri vs an Eversor Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Dante Alighieri vs an Eversor Assassi

Speed equal

8-B Eversor, 8-B explosion on death, no Melta bombs

Start at 100m apart

Battle takes place in a Cathedral because I just don't want central park

Eversor Assassi:

Dante Alighieri:

Inconclusive:
7 (Dargoo Faust, Zanybrainy2000, Xtasyamphetamine, Mr. Bambu, Phoenixstorm9, Veloxt1r0kore)

Voting for the Eversor Assassin due to much greater skill, durability negation via power sword/executioner pistol (in addition to a range advantage).

Ehhh

Dante has a number of counters to Eversor's skill. For one, Instinctive Reaction, he can react to the Assassin's attacks with his body, while focusing on using his magic/abilities to attack it. Dante can also play the long-ranged game, and can form forcefeilds with Divine Armor and Heaven's Embrace that can make the dura negation less of an issue, and get within range to use his ranged powers.

Assuming the Assassin closes distance to use its sword, Dante has a number of AOE attacks that can easily keep it at bay, namely Putrid Voice, Lust Storm, Sins of the Father, Martyrdom, and the Suicide Fruit, not to mention he has plenty of ways to status effect the Assassin, with blind and stun effects in many of his abilities.

Voting Dante. He has forcefeilds to help him close distance, and once he's within range his AOE attacks should take care of the assassin, combined with a slew of stat inducing abilities.

Instinctive reaction is an imperfect counter. While it means he's not gonna get totally ****** over, the Eversor still will get in hits on stuff like the sword, claws, bolter, etc. Stuff like the poison is particularly nasty.

Eversors are no slouch in the range department. While they're not vindicares, their aim with their execution pistols is still incredible. They can switch from firing the explosive and penetrating Bolter rounds to needles with their fast acting poison in them, which causes immense agony and the body to melt.

Forcefields can be cut through with the sword, or just hit until they break due to similar APs. What are the named techniques?

If AOE is an issue, the assassin backs off, or just powers through the pain for one decisive killing blow. They're not just gonna wallow in the attacks.

So I'm gonna throw my hat in.

Playing the range game probably won't work for Dante. Consider the Exitus Pistol has far more range than anything in Dante's arsenal. Dante is probably gonna try to close the distance first and foremost.

Overall considering what both are bringing to this table I will lean on Dante for a 6/10 majority. Eversor has ways to put him down due to ignoring durability so there's always a chance for a clean takedown. But Dante has better control of the battle in my mind.

Wokistan said:
Forcefields can be cut through with the sword, or just hit until they break due to similar APs. What are the named techniques?

If AOE is an issue, the assassin backs off, or just powers through the pain for one decisive killing blow. They're not just gonna wallow in the attacks.
I strongly doubt Eversor can ignore magic-based forcefields; we've sort of had this discussion with Raven vs. Eversor.

I mean, getting caught in AOE attacks means that it's getting stunned/blinded with about half of Dante's attacks, which would open it up to getting combo'ed by Dante's scythe or just getting spammed with other AOE attacks.

You can look at his profile for the named techniques.

Also,

Eversor - 1 (Zany)

Dante - 2 (Dargoo, Still)

I don't think I participated in Raven vs Eversor. Daemon stuff is magical, power swords cut through their things just fine.

Good luck stunning something on all the drugs that the Eversor has being constantly pumped through their veins. Their sentinel array may help out with the blinding, if not they'd get out of the blind radius or switch to the explosive bolter.

They're also similar in AP, so he should just be able to break forcefields by shooting them enough times.

Yes, and while they're focused on the forcefeilds, Dante can just move forward to attack them. He's not going to just sit there and twiddle his thumbs.

I don't see resistance to status effects on Eversor's profile. Stun should affect them just fine. Although yes, the sentinel array could help them with the blindness effects. Even the, if the Eversor gets close they get knocked back by Dante's holy attacks, which push back enemies, and could lead into another combo with AOE stun/acid attacks.

Dante's no slouch in his skills either, to be very honest.

https://youtu.be/ysCrkeoKdnY?t=73

Doesn't take much focus to swing a sword once or fire off a bunch of bolter shots. If Dante approaches during that, Eversor just uses the weapon in his other hand.

Eversor Assassins are in a constant state of inhuman rage and bloodlust due to the constant flow of drugs. They have to be put in cryostasis when not in use and only awakened for a mission because they're simply impossible to control or stop without outright killing them. I may be able to find some more direct stuff in a little while, but I don't see some random stun spell working too well.

Knockback shifts the range game in favor of the Eversor.

Dante may not be bad, but eversors are on another level. Even the weakest and newest ones would shred any non named non tier 6 Space Marine, and the best are downright ridiculous. One unnamed Eversor Assassin fought Liegenstrasse, the rouge Maeorus assassin, ending the battle in a mutual kill due to their bio meltdown. Liegenstrasse had previously defeated Darnath Lysander, a Culexus Grand master, a squad of hardened space marines who specialized in close combat, an Emperor's Champion, all this while dodging sniper fire from a squad of Scouts and a Vindicare Grand Master. Dodging Vindicare fire at all is an absurd feat as is, to say nothing of a Grand master. Liegenstrasse also killed the Culexus. Liegenstrasse also fought a squad of Terminators, Lysander again, a Librarian, another Emperor's Champion, the same Vindicare Grand master, and the Eversor Assassin. While the Eversor ultimately would be mortally wounded and secured the kill through the bio explosion combined with Lysander taking advantage of this, that nameless Eversor was the only one of any of those to be able to really fight Liegenstrasse on equal footing. Obviously this is a high end Eversor, but the fact that this guy wasn't even like an Eversor Grand Master or anything should tell you what types of monsters the Eversor temple cultivates.

The knockback isn't sending the Eversor out of Dante's AOE range, or even his melee range. It just keeps them from getting in-range of using their swords.

I'm not saying Dante is comparable in skill, but when you factor in his combat prowess and inscinctive reaction he should have no trouble keeping up with the Eversor in a close-ranged match, which I sort of doubt will even happen, as Dante will just combo chain AOE attacks and push the Eversor out of melee range, but still in Dante's sythe range and magic range.

It's a magic-based stun inducement. Unless the eversor resists that, it's getting affected in some way, or at least in enough of a way to allow Dante to chain attack it into submission.

Dodging skills won't exactly help it, considering most of Dante's ranged attacks are on an area of effect, or cover a large area. The only things it would really dodge are maybe some of his holy projectiles, but then Dante can just switch to more aoe attacks to catch it.

As I've said before, Dante can close distance with his forcefields up. Covering dozens of meters with MHS speeds is nothing.

Knockback should be resistable through pushing through, considering the AP similarity. It does help Dante out though.

The thing is, instinctive reaction isn't enough to close a gap like that. An Eversor is perfectly skilled enough to set up their attacks in a manner where no option is a good one, or abusing the reaction of Dante to force his automatic response to take him to a disadvantageous position. Melee combat still isn't somewhere Dante wants to be. Also if he tries to block the sword his weapon just gets cut because loldestabilizationfield so there's that.

An Eversor's body was a chemical hell of dozens of interacting combat medicines, and no poison, no sedative could have been enough to slow it. The gelmatter in the rounds was a myofluid with a very different function; when exposed to oxygen it created a powerful bioelectric charge, a single hit strong enough to stun an ogryn.-Nemesis

Stunning attacks don't seem to work so well.

Eversors should be able to lunge pretty far, though AOE makes things easier than they otherwise would be. Eversors can also play the range game though.

Speed is equalized here, and it is equalized in favor of Dante. Between being an Eversor Assassin and their sentinel array, an approach at that speed shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry for taking forever, I sometimes don't get notifications.

I was getting other notifications, just not this thread. Due to that I didn't notice the absence of them for this thread and replied 3 hours later.

Yeah I've known about that for a while, it's not perfect. Anyways, you got a vote as of now?

Thing is, it's not a biologically induced stun or a conventional stun, if it was, I'd agree - this stun is achieved through magic, which I don't see the assassin resisting.

Lunging through an AOE attack just means you get hit with more of the AOE attack. Also, Dante has two forms of sheilds it has to get through before it can even hope to dura neg him, ones that he places with Heaven's Embrace, and the one around his body from Divine Armor. It would be taking massive amounts of direct damage with little to sheild itself just to get close to dura neg.

I don't really see how the attack being magical in origin negates how due to their mental state and tenacity they are extremely difficult to stun. The magic still has to affect something to work, and here it's going to be affecting something that would be very difficult to stun at the best of times.

So the eversor lunges away instead. They can also just use cover, as the starting range favors them.

They should be comprable in AP, and the Bolter portion of the gun exists as basically a dedicated anti armor. It should excel in it's role here in forcefield breaking.

They're diffuclt to stun because they have biological conditions that makes stunning, in the conventional sense, hard to apply to them. Magic imposes something through an entirely different method they wouldn't resist. It's like saying someone can resist a truth spell because they weren't affected by a truth serum.

Dante would keep on pressing the offensive. I doubt he would allow them the ability to run away for cover given how agressive his fighting style is.

Sure. However the forcefields, of which there are multiple layers of, should give Dante more than enough time to rush the assassin and go in for a combo chain or, as I've said multiple times, various AOE attacks.

I would have to agree with your second example though. Magic or not, its still affecting something, and that something it has to affect here is heavily resistent to the effect it attempts to impart.

Away from the AOE. I was just saying that is dodgable.

Remember the sword cuts through it fine, and can also cut Dante's weapons.

It might destroy Dante's Scythe, but the rest of his weapons, like his Cross, just send energy attacks outwards in an area in front of him. Which he can spam to an almost ridiculous degree.

That and he still has his magic, which can just surround him with a passive attack like the Lust Storm, which Dante can just hit the assassin with by moving forward.

Thing is the destruction of his melee weapon is the perfect opportunity for the eversor to go for the kill. All that's needed is a scratch of the offhand.

How big's lust storm? I am unfamiliar with this game. Are projectiles on his level classed as weak or strong?

Dante would just switch to his cross and attack if he lost his scythe. He can switch between the two really quickly, almost instantly. Incidentally, his cross/holy attacks are his primary knockback abilities.

Several meters, light damage that stacks over time. It also weakens any projectiles sent towards him, which would help him a lot, combined with forcefeilds, in out-doing the Eversor's long ranged game and close distance.

• Lust Storm: Dante is surrounded in a storm of dark energy that deals damage to enemies and protects him from weak projectiles while simultaneously weakening stronger ones.

Does he just spawn them in his hand or something? Because with their speeds being the same, the eversor having a computer to help them out, and having the skill advantage, the slightest lapse is enough for them to go in.

The more important part about the range is their neurotoxin darts, as the bolter is more for anti armor purposes. Idk if sonetsome like that can really weaken poison.

I've gotta sleep in a bit. Just a heads up though, I'm gonna ask if I'm able to assume 8-B melta bomb and bio meltdown for an 8-B eversor, so if I am I'll probably be unrrstricting those.

Well, the thing is, Dante's Sythe has a crazy reach. It can elongate farther than many of his AOE attacks. So, with speed equalized, if the Eversor destroyed it, Dante would have more than enough time to whip out his Cross and start spamming energy attacks.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Dante straight up passively reflects over a third of the projectiles fired at him back at the attacker, and has a move that can deflect projectiles assuming they are near or at his AP. Combine that with the Lust Storm's ability to outright negate weak ranged attacks and dampen strong ranged attacks, and the Eversor will find most of their ranged options ineffective. It'll have to move into Dante's range, and I've explained how Dante would win that fight.

Whoops, then I still vote for assassin because dura neg with power sword, range advantage and he basically poisons everything that Dante is touching, especially his weapon. Melee against an Eversor is a bad move.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Whoops, then I still vote for assassin because dura neg with power sword, range advantage and he basically poisons everything that Dante is touching, especially his weapon. Melee against an Eversor is a bad move.
>Melee against an Eversor is a bad move

Dante's only real melee weapon extends like three or four entire meters out from him, and you can scroll up to see all the different projectile/AOE attacks he can perform to keep the Eversor from getting close enough to actually dura neg.

Worst comes to worst, he just switches to his cross and starts projectile spamming.

>range advantage

See above, Dante has several layers of forcefeilds, reflects one out of every three projectiles that are fired at him back at the attacker, and the Lust Storn negates lesser projectiles and lowers the damage of powerful projectiles.

So, this is less of a melee fight and more of an "can the eversor get within melee range before Dante powerhouses it with a bunch of AoE/Knockback spells". And honestly, I don't think it can.

So we may have an issue. Explosion on death scales to the specific assassin, which means that I can't really restrict that anymore. The explosions are strong enough to cripple or outright one shot entities capable of having killed the Eversor in the first place and have quite a bit of AoE to them, meaning Dante's almost certainly dead if he kills an Eversor close enough. While he does have the ability to play range game, an Eversor without melta bombs upon realizing that they can't reliably get past his spam would in character engage in a suicide attack specifically to proc the death explosion. So I think I have to reset votes as the ability changes and all.

If that wasn't true and he still didn't have melta bombs though, Dante would take it more times than not with the given scenario.

Inconclusive, then. Dante wins more times than not, however more times than not when he wins he gets One-Shot by an AOE explosive.

bump

Bump

I'll vote Incon FRA. Eversor just blows him into holy oblivion when he dies kek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back