• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Neo Metal Sonic (IDW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Since Danny Phantom has been downgraded, it's time to start some new matches.

Standard Battle Assumptions, Speed is Equalized, Both in Character.

Season 3 Danny Phantom and Neo Metal Sonic are being used.

Danny Phantom: 2 (CBslayeR, GoGoPowerRanger)

Neo Metal Sonic: 7 (Board3659, ElixirBlue, sanicspood, TyranoDoom30, Peppersalt43, GlaceonGamez471, Maverick Zero X)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Neo Metal Sonic overpowered Sonic who did this 877.81 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level+)

Season 3 Danny < (stomps) > End Season 2 Danny < (stomps) > Pre Buffed Skulker < (Equals) > Early Season 2 Danny < (comparable to) > Fright Knight < (stomps) > Mid Season 1 Danny < (comparable to) > Data Techuns < (stronger than) > Battlesuit 1.0 Technus < (comparable to) > Super Buffed Ember < (stomps) > Semi Buffed Ember < (stronger than) > Mid-Early Season 1 Danny who did this 533.70 Tons of TNT, Multi-City Block level

Danny's scaling chain is a bit complex (due to his accelrated development) but I tried to simplify it. Metal is scaling to a higher feat but Danny has a much bigger scaling chain of character who can one shot each other and no sell each others attacks. I'm not sure what the AP difference is honestly.

We can say Danny is relative or slightly higher due to that scaling chain.

How does Danny fair against a Robot’s physiology?

We can say Danny is relative or slightly higher due to that scaling chain.

How does Danny fair against a Robot’s physiology?
He's only fought two robot opponents and that's Skulker (a ghost inside a battlesuit) that has many hidden weapons such as missiles, blades, lasers and so on. The second is Techuns, who merges with technology to create various battlesuits which have various abilities. Danny's not one to phase out parts of robots, and one of his main tactics is freezing then shattering in season 3 but against those two It's brute force or energy attacks. Things Metal should be capable of surviving/dodging without much trouble.

Can't Danny take control of NMS through his possession?
I guess, he can. He's overshadowed technology such as computers and Skulker and Technus can basically merge with battlesuits/robots as seen with Skulktech 9.9 so it should be possible.

He's only fought two robot opponents and that's Skulker (a ghost inside a battlesuit) that has many hidden weapons such as missiles, blades, lasers and so on. The second is Techuns, who merges with technology to create various battlesuits which have various abilities. Danny's not one to phase out parts of robots, and one of his main tactics is freezing then shattering in season 3 but against those two It's brute force or energy attacks. Things Metal should be capable of surviving/dodging without much trouble.

I guess, he can. He's overshadowed technology such as computers and Skulker and Technus can basically merge with battlesuits/robots as seen with Skulktech 9.9 so it should be possible.
So, Danny has some form of Techno manipulation?

So, Danny has some form of Techno manipulation?
Only through Possession. All ghosts can overshadow technology and merge with data as shown in the episode Teacher of the Year. It's a sub power of their Possession when used on Technology.
Does metal sonic have any way to avoid it?
Yes, all Metal has to do is dodge since Danny has to phase into Metal Sonic to take control. It's not in character for Danny to do this either, it's just a possibility.
Well, gotta check. How does Verse Equalization work for Danny?
What do you mean?

Just unfamiliar with Danny (Ghost) fighting non-ghost oppentents. Is the phasing passive or activated?
It depends. Ghosts in Danny Phantom are naturally made if pure ectoplasmic energy and consciousness which allows them to naturally phase through objects. However, in this state, they are physically incapable of touching anything from the "real world", and thus need to make themselves tangible which is the state we see them in majority of the time. This is why they need to activate their Intangibility power otherwise they would need to turn back into their Non-Corporeal state to passively phase through things.

So Danny would need to manually activate his intangibility since he needs to be in a physical state to hit Metal Sonic physically. Here is the Ghost Physiology page for information on Standard ghost stuff.

So, could Neo copy Danny’s powers?
I was under the assumption that he could. That's why I picked him since he'd be able to copy Danny's abilities and thus could use ectoplasmic energy to actually harm Danny and effect him while he's intangibe. If he can't then it's a stomp since he'd have no way of actually causing Danny harm.

Cool! Was thinking about doing matches with Danny's verse like the Box Ghost (6-C upscaling from Danny?)

Lets see:

Ap: Possibly Danny, at least relative. With copy ability, Neo can increase his AP to surpass Danny or stay relative.

Skill: ... Neo. Has both Sonic and Shadow's data, plus can copy Danny's fighting skill.

Hax: Depends whether Neo can copy Danny's ghost abilities.

Movement: Both can fly. Neo can adjust his body with body control for further freedom of movement while Danny can go intangible.

Danny's certain wincon: Possession

Cool! Was thinking about doing matches with Danny's verse like the Box Ghost (6-C upscaling from Danny?)
Not all the profiles have been updated yet, Box Ghost and many other characters still need to be downgraded to 8-A, which I'll be getting to in a moment.

Yes. His limitless stamina and superior fighting capabilites/intelligence could allow him to outlast Danny until Danny passes out from fatigue. Also, if he copies Danny's abilities, both can one shot each other with the Ghostly Wail.

Yes. His limitless stamina and superior fighting capabilites/intelligence could allow him to outlast Danny until Danny passes out from fatigue. Also, if he copies Danny's abilities, both can one shot each other with the Ghostly Wail.
I vote metal sonic then. He can just dodge until Danny is tired out

I’m voting Metal... but it’s high-diff. That Possession makes things uneasy for me to vote for Metal but he does have the superior skill and that Copy ability would prevent Danny from surprising him with his abilities.

I think I'm gonna vote Danny here, Danny is way more versatile, he could very easily duplicate himself, freeze, wail, or possess Metal. Danny can dodge Metal's attacks with no effort due to going intangible and having pretty good body control alongside that, and if Metal copies Danny can still keep up via reactive PL and rage power. He also has higher LS so he could rip off limbs if it comes to a grapple, he's a robot so Danny won't really be bothered by tearing him apart.

I'm not even sure if Metal could copy all of Danny's abilities either, do we see Metal copy physiology? If he can that might actually make him susceptible to the fenton thermos and other tech since he'd be considered a ghost if it can copy his biology, Danny's crafty enough to realize that him copying would make him a ghost and try to seal.

I think I'm gonna vote Danny here, Danny is way more versatile, he could very easily duplicate himself, freeze, wail, or possess Metal. Danny can dodge Metal's attacks with no effort due to going intangible and having pretty good body control alongside that, and if Metal copies Danny can still keep up via reactive PL and rage power. He also has higher LS so he could rip off limbs if it comes to a grapple, he's a robot so Danny won't really be bothered by tearing him apart.

I'm not even sure if Metal could copy all of Danny's abilities either, do we see Metal copy physiology? If he can that might actually make him susceptible to the fenton thermos and other tech since he'd be considered a ghost if it can copy his biology, Danny's crafty enough to realize that him copying would make him a ghost and try to seal.
I don't think he'll need to copy the physiology as a whole. While ghosts abilities come from their physiology, the GIW (Guys in White) were capable of creating ecto weapons, which were blasters that could fire ectoplasmic energy. So Metal Sonic only needs to copy the energy to fire ghost rays which can harm Danny, as well as effect him while he's intangible.

Your other points are valid, I've added your vote.

I don't think he'll need to copy the physiology as a whole. While ghosts abilities come from their physiology, the GIW (Guys in White) were capable of creating ecto weapons, which were blasters that could fire ectoplasmic energy. So Metal Sonic only needs to copy the energy to fire ghost rays which can harm Danny, as well as effect him while he's intangible.

Your other points are valid, I've added your vote.
I'm pretty sure GIW use special weaponry thats different from the energy Danny uses, I don't remember being stated that anti ghost tech = regular ectoplasmic energy anywhere. I'm also pretty sure Danny himself doesn't have NPI but I could be wrong

I'm pretty sure GIW use special weaponry thats different from the energy Danny uses, I don't remember being stated that anti ghost tech = regular ectoplasmic energy anywhere. I'm also pretty sure Danny himself doesn't have NPI but I could be wrong
They directly state in the episode "Reality Trip" that they are using "ecto weapons", not Anti-Ghost Technology. In that very episode, Danny activates the Fenton House defense which actively attacks anything that uses ectoplasmic energy and it attacks all the GIW agents which means they were using ectoplasmic energy, not Anti-Ghost Technology.

Also, Danny has hit ghosts while they’re intangible with his energy attacks. One time was against Sayonara Pussycat who was possessing a girl, and Danny fired a ghost ray that removed Sayonara Pussycat without harming the girl. Not to mention, other ghosts have hit Danny while he was intangible. Ectoplasmic energy can touch and harm, intangible/Non-Corporeal beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back