• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Neo Metal Sonic (IDW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, having more win conditions doesn't mean said win options cannot be countered by the character with less options.

Danny definitely has more versatility, and even if Metal copied all of them, Danny would hold the power advantage throughout the fight. However, Metal's overall higher intelligence and infinite stamina can be a great issue since he'll be better at combat and will never get fatigued. Danny wouldn't hold back against Metal due to him being a robot, and holds the higher lifting strength. Ghostly Wail is a valid option but Danny only would use it once he feels it necessary. I'm not saying Danny is incapable of dodging Metal's attacks either and considering he could last an entire night fighting and chasing ghosts, plus hold his intangible power for hours, it's clear Danny won't falter for some time but he's still headstrong and foolish against even some of his most deadly opponents so this could give Metal an advantage.

My point is, while Danny has more win conditions, it doesn't mean other people can't vote for Metal as other factors play into the fight such as how the characters act in character.

Well, having more win conditions doesn't mean said win options cannot be countered by the character with less options.

Danny definitely has more versatility, and even if Metal copied all of them, Danny would hold the power advantage throughout the fight. However, Metal's overall higher intelligence and infinite stamina can be a great issue since he'll be better at combat and will never get fatigued. Danny wouldn't hold back against Metal due to him being a robot, and holds the higher lifting strength. Ghostly Wail is a valid option but Danny only would use it once he feels it necessary. I'm not saying Danny is incapable of dodging Metal's attacks either and considering he could last an entire night fighting and chasing ghosts, plus hold his intangible power for hours, it's clear Danny won't falter for some time but he's still headstrong and foolish against even some of his most deadly opponents so this could give Metal an advantage.

My point is, while Danny has more win conditions, it doesn't mean other people can't vote for Metal as other factors play into the fight such as how the characters act in character.
The only real advantage Metal has here is skill and copying (he's apparently at a disadvantage AP wise and Danny has RPL and rage power), and Danny uses ice pretty often as of season 3 which Metal has no resistance to so one of his auto win moves are extremely in character.

The only real advantage Metal has here is skill and copying (he's apparently at a disadvantage AP wise and Danny has RPL and rage power), and Danny uses ice pretty often as of season 3 which Metal has no resistance to so one of his auto win moves are extremely in character.
Metal has superior combat skill/intelligence, infinite stamina, and copying abilities. Metal can dodge ice beams pretty easily, though he'd have trouble trying to escape it if Danny releases an ice wave but he's only done that when restrained which wouldn't happen since Metal isn't strong enough to restrain him.

Metal has superior combat skill/intelligence, infinite stamina, and copying abilities. Metal can dodge ice beams pretty easily, though he'd have trouble trying to escape it if Danny releases an ice wave but he's only done that when restrained.
Danny is more versatile and decently skilled himself, the fight wouldn't last long enough to the point where infinite stamina would matter (Danny would have used his more OOC abilities by that point) and copying likely wouldn't give him any of Danny's crazier abilities like possession or ice

Nothing stops Danny from firing at Metal point blank with ice either or using more AOE ice attacks once he starts to struggle hitting him

Danny is more versatile and decently skilled himself, the fight wouldn't last long enough to the point where infinite stamina would matter (Danny would have used his more OOC abilities by that point) and copying likely wouldn't give him any of Danny's crazier abilities like possession or ice

Nothing stops Danny from firing at Metal point blank with ice either or using more AOE ice attacks once he starts to struggle hitting him
I do agree, Danny is more versatile but his skill is hindered by is overconfidence which is shown many times throughout the series. While the fight wouldn't normally last that long, Metal could prolong the fight and make Danny waste energy trying to hit him.

True, if Danny did a point blank ice blast it would land. But for AoE attacks, even when battle the likes of Undergrowth, who spread himself across all of Amity Park, Danny had to attack his roots and spread his ice that way. Danny doesn't really do major AoE attacks unless it's the Ghostly Wail. I'm not saying he won't use large scale attacks, just that they still wouldn't be impossible to dodge going of what we've seen.

Again I'm not saying Danny doesn't have solid/more win conditions, just that Metal could potentially avoid some of them due to his capabilities.

True, if Danny did a point blank ice blast it would land. But for AoE attacks, even when battle the likes of Undergrowth, who spread himself across all of Amity Park, Danny had to attack his roots and spread his ice that way.
He didn't have to attack his roots to spread the ice. He shot a snowball and it spread to multiple city blocks.

I honestly think Metal barely edges him out thanks to exploiting Danny's Overconfidence, especially when he starts copying all of his abilities. I think what really does him in though is when Metal starts using Time Stop since he has all of Sonic and Shadow's abilities in this Key.

I honestly think Metal barely edges him out thanks to exploiting Danny's Overconfidence, especially when he starts copying all of his abilities. I think what really does him in though is when Metal starts using Time Stop since he has all of Sonic and Shadow's abilities in this Key.
Shadows time stop in forces seemed to only last less than a second, also intangibility seems to counter it

He didn't have to attack his roots to spread the ice. He shot a snowball and it spread to multiple city blocks.
I don't recall that attack reaching that far, I thought that came from the blast against the roots. Regardless, he combined his ectoplasmic energy with his ice powers to cause that effect anyway, and he only did that once. Not saying he wouldn't do it again, just that it's not likely.
How does Metal get past Danny's regen?
Simple. Danny's regeneration can be beat if you can deal actual harm to him in ghost form to the point were he feels the fatigue/enough pain, and transforms back into human form. Since Metal can copy the Ghost Ray, and or other ectoplasmic energy attacks, he'd be able to deal legitimate harm and thus eventually get past his regeneration capabilities.

I don't recall that attack reaching that far, I thought that came from the blast against the roots. Regardless, he combined his ectoplasmic energy with his ice powers to cause that effect anyway, and he only did that once. Not saying he wouldn't do it again, just that it's not likely.
I'd show you a link to prove it, but I don't know how to. Also, nothing indicates that his ectoplasmic energy caused that effect.
Simple. Danny's regeneration can be beat if you can deal actual harm to him in ghost form to the point were he feels the fatigue/enough pain, and transforms back into human form. Since Metal can copy the Ghost Ray, and or other ectoplasmic energy attacks, he'd be able to deal legitimate harm and thus eventually get past his regeneration capabilities.
Fair point, but how does Metal even hit him when he has several ways to avoid taking damage? He has Body Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Forcefield Creation, and Teleportation.

I'd show you a link to prove it, but I don't know how to. Also, nothing indicates that his ectoplasmic energy caused that effect.
Considering his ice never reached that range until he combined it with the ectoplasmic energy and blasted Undergrowth, in my opinion it's safe to assume it was the ectoplasmic energy that increased the range.
Fair point, but how does Metal even hit him when he has several ways to avoid taking damage? He has Body Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Forcefield Creation, and Teleportation.
True, hitting Danny is hard but not impossible, despite his Body Control, Forcefields (that reflect attacks), Danny has been hit numerous times throughout the series. Also, Danny doesn't have teleportation...
Now that I think about it, can Metal even copy his ecto-energy abilities? There are several ghosts in the show who don't have abilities like the Ghost Ray.
We've already been over this, he should be able to copy ectoplasmic energy since the GIW can make weapons/technology that replicate and fire ectoplasmic energy. Heck throughout the series Ghosts and technology in general have shown to be compatable. Also, I'm not sure were you heard that but all ghosts can use the Ghost Ray, it's literally them just projecting ectoplasmic energy and countless of them have shown it, even fodder ghosts. Vlad even called it a "Year One" technique because it's so basic. Saying some ghosts don't have the Ghost Ray is like saying not all ghosts have Intangibility or Invisibility... which isn't true.

Considering his ice never reached that range until he combined it with the ectoplasmic energy and blasted Undergrowth, in my opinion it's safe to assume it was the ectoplasmic energy that increased the range.
The ectoplasmic energy was there to destroy Undergrowth. But even if you still disagree with that, Danny's ice still covered a large part of the neighborhood before he threw the snowball.
True, hitting Danny is hard but not impossible, despite his Body Control, Forcefields (that reflect attacks), Danny has been hit numerous times throughout the series. Also, Danny doesn't have teleportation...
I never said it was impossible, it's just going to incredibly difficult. Also, he does have teleportation. He teleported to his house in the episode with Tucker Phantom.
We've already been over this, he should be able to copy ectoplasmic energy since the GIW can make weapons/technology that replicate and fire ectoplasmic energy. Heck throughout the series Ghosts and technology in general have shown to be compatable. Also, I'm not sure were you heard that but all ghosts can use the Ghost Ray, it's literally them just projecting ectoplasmic energy and countless of them have shown it, even fodder ghosts. Vlad even called it a "Year One" technique because it's so basic. Saying some ghosts don't have the Ghost Ray is like saying not all ghosts have Intangibility or Invisibility... which isn't true.
If that's the case, then why doesn't the Box Ghost or the Lunch Lady ever use it?

The ectoplasmic energy was there to destroy Undergrowth. But even if you still disagree with that, Danny's ice still covered a large part of the neighborhood before he threw the snowball.
He's never applied that level of range on anyone else with his ice with the exception of Undergrowth. It's an unlikely thing for him to do.
I never said it was impossible, it's just going to incredibly difficult. Also, he does have teleportation. He teleported to his house in the episode with Tucker Phantom.
No he didn't, he simply disappeared using invisibility and reappeared later. We visually see the difference of how teleportation looks in the series and Danny doesn't have it. He even is shown needed to move in order to escape, if he had it, he would have used it like Vlad in countless situations.
If that's the case, then why doesn't the Box Ghost or the Lunch Lady ever use it?
Because they don't need or bother to... Several ghosts have their own style and focus on that method of attacking but that doesn't mean they can do it. Heck, in the future timeline the Box Ghost projects his ectoplasmic energy in the form of box projectiles which is only different from the Ghost Ray in shape. Again, all the Ghost Ray is, is them projecting their ectoplasmic energy into that of a beam, which we've seen countless ghosts do. Even the ones who are considered weak, fodder, or beasts in terms of intelligence can easily project Ghost Rays. It's a standard ghost technique that we've seen countless ghosts of different types use.

This is how it's accepted, if you want to change that you'll need to make a revision thread for the Ghost Ray not being a standard ghost technique, and for Danny having teleportation. Both of which I disagree with.

Grace Period has been over for a while now. I've added the results to the characters profile, so I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back