• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Question about Ghost Zone Temporal Axis?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So the current Cosmology of the DP verse has the Ghost Zone (a space-time continuum) encompressing and infinite number of separate realms and time streams/timelines but going off Frostbite and Clockwork's statement in the original series, it's possible (I use possibly because I don't know how this Temporal Axis stuff works) implied that the Ghost Zone has an additional Temporal Axis.

In the episode, "The Ultimate Enemy", Clockwork states that for him, "For me, time moves backwards, and forwards, and... oh why do I bother. You're 14".

The part of the statement I'm focusing on is the fact that Clockwork was explaining that time moves for him in multiple directions and after saying backwards and forwards, he's clearly about to say another direction since the statement goes, "For me, time moves backwards, and forwards, and...". But He cuts himself off because he knows they wouldn't understand what he's talking about, but we know he was listing off the directions time moves for him.

We accept Clockwork as the embodiment of time (the timeline), and the statement made by Frostbite in the episode "Infinite Realms" shows the Ghost Zone functions the exact same way Clockwork does. Frostbite states... "The Ghost Zone is constantly shifting, entrances open up in many different periods".

So the Clockwork and Ghost Zone/Timeline which Clockwork embodies time moves in multiple directions. Now as mentioned by our FAQ page regarding additional time axis... "Time flowing backwards in another universe would also not qualify it to have an additional time dimension, as it would still use the same directions of past and future as regular time"

However, as mentioned in the statement, Clockwork was in the process of mentioning a different direction in which time flowed other than backwards and forwards but stopped himself. My main question in the end is, can Clockwork's unfinished statement be used to suggest a second time axis exists for the encompassing timeline of the Ghost Zone as he already listed of forwards and backs which is 1 Temporal Axis, and then was in the process of listing at least one other but stopped?

Or is it not enough to suggest another Temporal Axis exists. Also, this has no effect on the Cosmology since you need more than just a statement of an additional Temporal Axis to get to Low 1-C as mentioned in our Tiering System FAQ page.

Back