• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Intangibility Layers Addition?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Currently we accept Danny Phantom ghosts having two Intangibility but I don't think we discussed their layers, so I guess I'll do that here.

Ember's Ectoplasmic Waves (Baseline)
In the episode "Girls Night Out", Ember sends out ectoplasmic energy waves that phase through solid objects (walls) that mind control the entire female population of Amity Park. However, it's stated that the reason Maddie was unaffected by these waves is because the Fenton lab has anti-ecto walls to stop ectoplasm from getting through.

First Intangibility (1 Layer)
This is the passive intangibility of all ghosts and structures within the Ghost Zone, as they are all just made entirely of ectoplasm that has no physical form yet. Real World objects/individuals cannot naturally interact with ectoplasm in this state and vice versa, as shown in the episode "Prisoners of Love", when Sam, Tucker, and the Specter Speeder passively phase through a structure evident by them thinking they were about to crash. It's described as humans being the "ghosts" when in the Ghost Zone so indicating that ghosts passively phase through real world stuff when not in a tangible form.

This intangibility is potent enough to allow countless ghosts to phase through the anti-ecto walls of the Fenton lab in the episode "Reign Storm". Thus making it superior to Ember's ectoplasmic waves which couldn't get through.

Second Intangibility (2 Layer)
This is the intangibility everyone is familiar with, it's more versatile than the previous as ghosts can pass it on to other objects and people, it's mostly used by ghosts when in the real world while they are in a tangible state and is recognized by turning them translucent with a blue glow, and as seen in the second scan linked Danny passed through the anti-ecto walls of the Fenton lab.

What gives this intangibility a higher layer than the previous one is the fact that the Guys in White use ecto weapons to harm ghosts. Which makes sense as in the Ghost Zone everything is made of ectoplasm and can harm ghosts which is why Danny just decided to stay in human form when he was in Pariah's Keep. Yet despite this, Danny could use the second intangibility to phase through the Guys in White ecto weapon attacks.Thus, this intangibility is superior to the previous one.

Conclusion

If this is accepted, the chain would go

Ember's ectoplasmic waves (Baseline) < Natural ghost intangibility (1 Layer) < Second ghost Intangibility (2 Layer).

To implement this we could just put a note in the Ghost Physiology page that looks something like this.

"Note: Ghost intangibility has accepted layers. 1 Layer - The natural intangibility for ghosts when not tangible is potent enough to pass through the anti-ecto walls of the Fenton lab, despite Ember's ectoplasmic waves being unable to. 2 Layer - The intangibility used by ghosts while in a tangible state is capable of phasing through ectoplasmic energy even though it can naturally interact with ghosts."

This would also mean ghosts who can tune their energy to tag ghosts in the higher form of Intangibility (basically all of them) would get Non-Physical Interaction on that level and Ghost Hunters whose weapons can hit ghosts in their higher form of Intangibility would get Non-Physical on that level as well.

So, thoughts?

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

2nd layer seems weird to me, but rest is fine.
Could you let me know what's weird about it? So I can potentially fix the issue. It's basically intangibility that passes those something that can hit the previous intangibility.

Could you let me know what's weird about it? So I can potentially fix the issue. It's basically intangibility that passes those something that can hit the previous intangibility.
Just to be clear, it's ghosts in the human world (aka the tangible world) who have the 2nd layer?

I'm mainly just confused as to who gets the 2nd layer.

Back