• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(D&D) Composite Adventurer WIP Blog

Guys

I need spells to go with the abilities, at least one or two to give an example of the application of the spell

And the level of the spell, too, that is also important so we know they're gaining which abilities at what point

But why make a composite adventure profile?why dont you guys make a profile for each individual class like for the Palandin,Ranger,Monk,etc putting everything in one profile sounds pretty messy plus it would take less work to do so.

How would it take a lot less work

For one, it'd require too many profiles that share too many overlapping abilities. Because yes, there are the base classes... and then all the profiles that come after.

Secondly, multiclassing. That is all.

Finally... we'd still have to do all the work, but then we'd have to slice it up into whatever made sense for each class. It would actually be quite a bit more work.

Also those, yes

Also I'd like to point out that I am also working on a /dndresist page as a sandbox. It denotes everything each and every character in D&D resists to varying levels based on Fortitude and Will saves. I've found some interesting ones.

Thank you very much. It is much appreciated.

@Qawsed, have you got the Spell Compendium? Might be worth looking through. Some of the darker books might also yield something interesting.

also psionics is a thing we need to look through

Aaaand maybe some of the stranger campaign settings/modules. Dark Sun, Barrier Peaks, etc.

> Might be worth looking through. Some of the darker books might also yield something interesting.

Like what?

> Aaaand maybe some of the stranger campaign settings/modules. Dark Sun, Barrier Peaks, etc.

Dark Sun has a Star Level magic tower that's nifty

Qawsedf234 said:
> Might be worth looking through. Some of the darker books might also yield something interesting.
Like what?

> Aaaand maybe some of the stranger campaign settings/modules. Dark Sun, Barrier Peaks, etc.

Dark Sun has a Star Level magic tower that's nifty

Libris Mortis, Heroes of Horror, Lords of Madness, Fiend Folio, Champions of Ruin, Legions of Hell etc.

okay so here some more notable stuff I have found in 4e.

more Power amplification (via the restful healer feat for clarics which can be gotten at level 1.)After either a shot rest, or extended rest your next healing word will heal for the max amount.

probabability manipulation (via helf-elf's knack for seccess power, and the Avangers oath of emity power. Both gotten at level 1) knack for seccess lets the half-elf or anyone with in 7.62 meters of them, can roll extra saving throws, gain a bonus to attack rolls, or all skill checks. When you taget a something with oath of emity you get to roll 2d20 on melee attacks and take the higher roll.

Breath attacks (via Dragonborn breath weapon. which can swap between fire, lightning, cold and acid damage via the adaptable breath feat, and can add radiant damage to it via radiant breath feat all of these can be gotten at level 1)

Status Effect Inducement (Via the paladin's champoin of order paragon path, level 11 power certen justice. if the attack hits the target it is dazed and weakend until the taget is no longer marked by the paladin.)

Non-Corporeal(via the revenant's ghostly vitality feat which allowy the revenant to fight at full capasaty after you would normal be knocked out and turns you into a ghost like stat, until you are healed and brought above 0 hp.) this can be gotten at level 21.

Body manipulation&Elemental Intangibility (Via shardmind's shard swarm power. which allows the shard mind to break there body into the individual shards that make it, and lets them reform in any space half there speed away. this is gotten at level 1)

I do not know what this would count as. But the Vryloka race has a trait called the living dead which lets them pick to be counted as living or undead for individual effects that target those types. this trait is gotten at level 1.

So they have the same power as 682, being able to render themselves alive or dead.

Cool.

Yeah that is a good comparison, I just forgot 682 had that.

But for now I will look though the weapons, armor, and artifacts to see if there is anything noteable with those. Outside of the ones that will 100% make my list like the rod of seven parts, the wand of orcus, the shard of evil, and Lifecutter.

Udlmaster buddy ole pal

That there is a great find

Udl if you'd seen /dndresist, we already got Fate hax down.

Base tier D&D characters can resist Fate hax to some extent.

kek

DnD either has the most resistable hax of any franchise or the most common widespread hax resistence of any franchise.

Lizerd don't worry about FC/OC, it has nothing to do with these revisions. This is for the official versions of the game. Okay?

Mind Flayers should have Time Travel and BFR;

"By the use of a powerful spell, they sent their great spelljamming fleet back in time, arriving at different time periods in different crystal spheres and reestablishing their empires."

The Elder Brains may very well be Star level:

"EXTINGUISHING THE SUN

The idea that the mind flayers are destined to one day rule the universe is alarming enough. Even more horrifying is the thought that they might fi rst reshape the universe to make it more amenable to their purposes and to hasten their ascendance. Their peers might consider them insane, but a few elder brains actively work toward the goal of putting out the sun. They draw their inspiration from the massive psychic detonation that hurled the remnants of their civilization backward through eons of time. If concentrated, focused psionics could accomplish that, they reason, why couldn't it accomplish something else just as cataclysmic?" - Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations page 76

Not only does the second point not confirm that their idea could even work, it'd be extremely prep heavy.

>"The Elder Brains MAY very well be Star level:"

I didn't say comfirmed, and Supergenius race believes they can do it, wouldn't exactly put it past them, similarly how we didn't put it past the Extroadinary Genius to Supergenius Immortals that there could be Infinite dimensions.

But in the Immortal's case the narration backs them up to a degree. In Lords of Madness its just an idea they have.

Well, it appears the Race think it is achievable, and the Illithid are anything but stupid. Most of all the Elder Brain of all things. (in the same book Elder Brains have an score of 28 which is higher than some Greater Gods like Hades)

If we create an Illithid civ page, they'd be 4-C via prep time, then. Or, if we just keep them as a character profile, Elder Brains could have a justified eventually 4-C via prep time key, I think.

Besides that, what's a lot more provable are:

Mind Flayers should have Time Travel and BFR;

"By the use of a powerful spell, they sent their great spelljamming fleet back in time, arriving at different time periods in different crystal spheres and reestablishing their empires."

and

Tarrasque can regenerate from being disintergrated.

In the picture for the Tarrasque, it describes their Regenerationn as being able to regenerate from Instant-Death effects, this maybe Ressurection or it could be Low-Godly Regen?

Mr. Bambu said:
If we create an Illithid civ page, they'd be 4-C via prep time, then. Or, if we just keep them as a character profile, Elder Brains could have a justified eventually 4-C via prep time key, I think.
Mind Flayers already have a Page, they just don't have any of their other keys on there.

I'm iffy on time travel. Lords of Madness takes a very literal interpretation of some ancient Mind Flayer tablets, while 2e and 4e go with a loose Far Realm interpretation. Best to go with a "Possibly" thing so both are canonically valid interpratations.

I mean time travel can be achieved through spells to varying degrees already

Also if you have something super exceptional feel free to leave it on my message wall, while more mundane stuff can go here

Also disintegration turns something into ash/dust. Making the feat Mid-High and not low Godly.

Back