• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-flash/4075-430/forums/cw-flash-respect-thread-1677061/

Feats of importance in that

• Runs several times faster than a Mach 1.4 bullet
  • Outruns a nuke(?) explosion and a regular explosion
  • Dodges cloud based lightning
  • Runs 600 miles in a minute (Mach 47), I'm not sure where they got the distance and time from though so if someone could check that that would be great
So basically, High Hypersonic - MHS/MHS+ speed, which Zoom would scale to.

LordXcano said:
Or MHS+ if it's decided the lightning dodge isn't an outlier.
The highest confirmed speed in the show is Mach 13 (Zoom being 4x faster than Barry who was Mach 3.3). Anything above High Hypersonic would be outlier for the show

Agreed with Faisal anything higher than hypersonic+ is an outlier, barry has statements of being ftl yet at the same time has been said multiple times that his average speed is like mach 1.5 and the fastest he ever went was mach 2 and then he went like mach 3.3 when he got faster with the techkion and zoom was said to be 4x faster than barry and barry got faster than zoom.

Dodging lightning doesn't match up with his usual showings.

I think that all makes sense. We might want to wait until he has more lightening or similar feats before going that far. I don't doubt he will get that fast, possibly even faster, but it probably isn't consistent enough right now.

Faisal Shourov said:
The highest confirmed speed in the show is Mach 13 (Zoom being 4x faster than Barry who was Mach 3.3). Anything above High Hypersonic would be outlier for the show
I think this is really just a case of the writers not knowing what they show. The mere act of being casually faster than a bullet makes him far above Mach 3.3, same with outrunning explosions and sound waves.

Even that picture-taking scene is likely above Mach 2 or 3.3.

EDIT: Just realized you weren't saying Barry was Mach 3.3 and Mach 13+ is an outlier. Nvm.

Why?

I mean, probably the autors give Barry a (for example) MHS speed feat without knowing it, and then they think that Barry is at best Mach 3.3

AidenBrooks999 said:
Why?

I mean, probably the autors give Barry a (for example) MHS speed feat without knowing it, and then they think that Barry is at best Mach 3.3
I know. I don't really support using what the writers say as the top Barry can go and that's it. But on the other hand, CW Flash is pretty infamous for having a lot of anti-feats, and I can understand why MHS would be considered an outlier.

However he has enough feats of being several times faster than bullets and the aforementioned Mach 47 feat that I think that could be safely used as a high-end for him.

Wouldn't that Mach 47 feat still be an outlier as it contradicts hard numbers that the show provides and what has been shown from Barry each episode. So far the fastest we know Barry can move was shown during the final Zoom confrontation.

They directly contradict the show. In the comics E1-King Shark is different from the TV show version. Also, they contradict some of legends of tomorrow.

God-King Superman77 said:
They directly contradict the show. In the comics E1-King Shark is different from the TV show version. Also, they contradict some of legends of tomorrow.
It's likely a case of the "Ultimate Team Up" scenario, as in it varies whether most of the issues of Ultimate Team Up are canon or not.

Muu0934 said:
Wouldn't that Mach 47 feat still be an outlier as it contradicts hard numbers that the show provides and what has been shown from Barry each episode. So far the fastest we know Barry can move was shown during the final Zoom confrontation.
Again, see "13 trillion c vs. >c" comic Flash and things like Vegeta struggling to lift 1000 tons. The show itself shows speeds higher than Mach 3.3.

If we use that "circling Central City in 1.07 seconds" feat and assume Central City has the perimeter of Manhatta then that'd be Mach 80, so even if Central City had just half the perimeter of Manhattan it'd still be in the Mach 40 range.

Cw flash is a mess to scale, we have hard numbers only putting him at hypersonic+, yet feats that apparently him higher than that and statements of being ftl... Man these writers don't give a damn about consistency.

I am still of the opinion that we only go by the hard numbers that we have.

LordXcano said:
If we use that "circling Central City in 1.07 seconds" feat and assume Central City has the perimeter of Manhatta then that'd be Mach 80, so even if Central City had just half the perimeter of Manhattan it'd still be in the Mach 40 range.
We can't choose calc which contradicts the show itself. Calcs are only to support, not overrule the verse own feats/statements

Faisal Shourov said:
We can't choose calc which contradicts the show itself. Calcs are only to support, not overrule the verse own feats/statements
In that case FF7 needs to be downgraded to City level w/ Supersonic reactions as Tifa's limit break is only comparable to "a nuke" and WoG says their power in Advent Children is much higher than it in the game IIRC.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordXcano/CW_Flash_Speed_Feats

Either way did some calcs on a few of the speed feats listed here.

LordXcano said:
In that case FF7 needs to be downgraded to City level w/ Supersonic reactions as Tifa's limit break is only comparable to "a nuke" and WoG says their power in Advent Children is much higher than it in the game IIRC.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordXcano/CW_Flash_Speed_Feats

Either way did some calcs on a few of the speed feats listed here.

Until we get new numbers from the show, anything above Mach 20 is an outlier. We can't go against the author's words and supersede it with fan calc (not disrespecting calcs, it's just not applicable here)

Okok I know. I'm not saying we should immediately go for Sub-Rel. I'm literally only arguing for Mach 20-40, no further.

LordXcano said:
Okok I know. I'm not saying we should immediately go for Sub-Rel. I'm literally only arguing for Mach 20-40, no further.
I remember Barry capping out at Mach 3.3 before using Tachyon device, so even Mach 20 for Pre-EoS2 might be an outlier. Is the Mach 20 calc from S1 or S2?

Mach 3.3 from Episode 16 of S2. After this Barry used Tachyon device to get 4x faster than Mach 3.3 in Ep 18 of S2 (mach 13.2). Then Zoom absorbed Barry's speed and added it onto his own. Theoritically, Zoom could be around Mach 26 but only after ep 18.

The Flash 2x16 The Flash runs Mach 3
The Flash 2x16 The Flash runs Mach 3.3-0

The Flash 2x18-Barry tries the Tachyon device

Faisal Shourov said:
LordXcano said:
I remember Barry capping out at Mach 3.3 before using Tachyon device, so even Mach 20 for Pre-EoS2 might be an outlier. Is the Mach 20 calc from S1 or S2?
Mach 3.3 from Episode 16 of S2. After this Barry used Tachyon device to get 4x faster than Mach 3.3 in Ep 18 of S2 (mach 13.2). Then Zoom absorbed Barry's speed and added it onto his own. Theoritically, Zoom could be around Mach 26 but only after ep 18.

The Flash 2x16 The Flash runs Mach 3
The Flash 2x16 The Flash runs Mach 3.3-0

I think it's from late Season 2. Like, after episode 22.

The Central City/1.07 seconds feat was added on the date of the S2 finale, so I find it highly likely it's from that episode or around that timeframe.

Also I believe there was a statement of him becoming even faster than he was with the Tachyon device when he left the Speedforce, so that might be a thing.

THere's no way Flash is more than Mach 20 at best.I mean,sure calcs can put him at mach 80 but that wasn't author intention.THey are not calculating before writting something.They often mention,say speeds between mach 2-mach 4,and usually that's Barry's speed without external help

• Runs 600 miles in a minute (Mach 47), I'm not sure where they got the distance and time from though so if someone could check that that would be great

That's distance between Central and Star City.So they assumed that Barry in ep1 when he went to speak with Felicity got there in a minute

"THere's no way Flash is more than Mach 20 at best"

He had a boost before he did this feat and, AFAIK, he was already some Mach 10+ beforehand.

LordXcano said:
"THere's no way Flash is more than Mach 20 at best"
He had a boost before he did this feat and, AFAIK, he was already some Mach 10+ beforehand.
i'm watching flash tv show and even if he was calculated to be mach 20,40 or 80 that wasn't ment.He is ment to be between mach 2-4 normal speed.That's why people call mach 40,80 etc outliers

LuciferSPN said:
They know,that's why wells or somebody else says his speed
Sure, that's why the madr Flash outspeed lightning and then claim that he is "Mach 2".

Even if it is an outlier, still, they can't think that Flash is Mach 2 with that Feat, even with basic knowledge you can understand that lightning's speed >>>>>>>>> Bullets and Sound speed

LuciferSPN said:
What lighting?his,that's not real lighting,that's fictional lighting made by speedster
Lightning from the Weather Wizard, it's cloud to ground.

Regardless of that I said that was an outlier anyway. There's nothing comparable to that at all in the entire series. However, Mach 20 was done after a boost that made him even faster than he was with the Tachyon Device and there were no further statements after that other than that he couldn't reach Mach 50. Therefore the Mach 20 calc is not an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back