• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you agree
You can put me on neutral. Saw two major counterarguments to the OP, which where the "infinite earths ≠ infinite universes" thing & Barry just disrupting the pulse, thereby closing the breach before he impacts the supposed Multiversal DC attack. I'll be addressing both, & hoping to convince, in which case it doesn't, then I'd be on a disagree

can you give me some evidence that you think is contradictory because it's certainly not a response to what I've presented
Season 3 episode 22
They needed 3.8 Terajoules (not even up to 1 kiloton) to power the speed force bazooka.
It's emphasized repeatedly that they can't get a power that great from anywhere aside from the dominator's tech.
Barry had to time travel (breaking multiple promises) to get Snart to help him steal it from ARGUS
Why go through allat if he can produce infinite energy on his own?

CW Flash 2A D.C

It is stated that the device we call the Magnetor has the capacity to destroy the entire multiverse as long as there is enough kinetic energy, and on VSBW, the multiverse is classified as Tier 2A.

The ''Race''
And now, let me explain how Flash scales from this. Before Flash gets into a fight with Hunter, Hunter lures him into a race to charge the Magnetor's energy. Despite knowing the risk, Flash participates in the race, creating rifts between multiverses and bringing in his "Time Remnant." This is the biggest proof that the rift between multiverses had begun. After Hunter takes this energy from Flash, he knocks him down and initiates the attack to destroy the entire multiverse, saying something like "See you later, multiverse." To stop this, Flash, even at the cost of his own life, spins around the Magnetor with his own Pulsar and successfully halts the attack.

Conclusion
I believe that, regardless of any AP, Flash's DC (destructive capacity) along with the Pulsar should be 2A.

Agree: @Shiedaisthepeak @Gorkyss (High 3-A)

Disagree:
Neutral:
I totally agree

So yeah. I'm just trying to make all the variables to make an inform choice on agreeing or disagreeing.

So first, the "infinite earths ≠ infinite universes" thing. While it may make sense, it might just be referring to the literal individual earths, as in planets, we need to revisit why exactly that may be the case. As already established in the verse, earths & universes are interchangeable not just semantically, but allegorically. Earths has always been the centerpiece for whatever event they adventure in the multiverse. So it does make sense to ascribe the designation of that whole universe, as "Earth". So, basically they've always been "saying" that universe is a planet (earth) to them. Now, let's factor in human psychology into this seemingly awkward equivalence. Obviously, due to recurrent usage it becomes ingrained in their subconscious, needing no intuition regardless of 'context'. Now, note, obviously there are exceptions, & 'context' here is in strict reference to cosmological situations, such as this. Is this all head canon with no veritable basis? Maybe, maybe not. But let's see this; here, during COIE, the anti matter wave sweeps across the universe & destroys Earth-1. A universe was destroyed, but Earth-1 was stated, & notice how the determinant a universe was destroyed was the destruction of that earth! That Earth is obviously not at the far edge of the universe whatsoever, since the wave sweeps laterally across. Furthermore, we had the Anti Monitor stating he's destroyed "infinite earths", (in same link) which were actual universes. So we can see what I just stated about the subconscious isn't even limited to humans, but is something recurrent & of course, prevalent in the whole show.

Next, the "breach" argument. It's worth noting what we define attack potency as in the wiki, & it's distinction from destructive capacity. Sure, Barry did close the breach before the transdimensional energy went on. But how did he do this? He had to build his own pulse to counteract that of the Magnetar, just enough to shift it out of phase & close the breach. Said pulse of the Magnetar had the potency to destroy the multiverse. The breach was simply an aid to transmit the energy inter-dimensionally. Also, saying the pulse/energy wasn't "charged enough", would grossly make Zoom's, "bye bye multiverse" statement useless, as that implied it was indeed complete or at least nigh-completion. Frankly, this whole argument hinges on an actual depiction of a collision with said energy, which us brings us back to the distinction between AP & DC. It being potentially capable is just fine.

So yeah, I'd like a counterargument from the "opposite" parties, & also note, I'm simply fostering an understanding & I'm on "neither" side atm.

Next, the "breach" argument. It's worth noting what we define attack potency as in the wiki, & it's distinction from destructive capacity.
Which is irrelevant in this scenario.

AP is generated energy, destructive capacity is what specifically you can destroy. This means that AP can sometimes not scale to destructive capacity, but it doesn't work the other way round because that makes literally 0 sense. Like you can vaporize a city with enough energy to smite a country, but you can't destroy a city without enough energy to destroy a city.

Also, even if you want to apply this argument to discount all the AP anti-feats, there's still loads of DC anti-feats.

Not to mention the fact that this blatantly isn't DC. This was generated by energies, with a device that amplifies energy, and stopped in a similar manner by someone whose powers work by generating vast amounts of energy.
He had to build his own pulse to counteract that of the Magnetar, just enough to shift it out of phase & close the breach. Said pulse of the Magnetar had the potency to destroy the multiverse.
He didn't counteract the Magnetar's pulse at that stage, he counteracted his counterpart and Zoom's energies that went into the Magnetar. Zoom's plan was to destroy the multiverse with the pulse, explicitly a 'single' pulse.
The breach was simply an aid to transmit the energy inter-dimensionally.
Also, saying the pulse/energy wasn't "charged enough", would grossly make Zoom's, "bye bye multiverse" statement useless
You're misunderstanding my argument.

The argument is that the energy didn't undergo amplification, at which point the actual multiverse destroying pulse would've launched and replicated what Cisco saw in his visions.

Last edited:
Which is irrelevant in this scenario.

AP is generated energy, destructive capacity is what specifically you can destroy. This means that AP can sometimes not scale to destructive capacity, but it doesn't work the other way round because that makes literally 0 sense. Like you can vaporize a city with enough energy to smite a country, but you can't destroy a city without enough energy to destroy a city.

Also, even if you want to apply this argument to discount all the AP anti-feats, there's still loads of DC anti-feats.

Not to mention the fact that this blatantly isn't DC. This was generated by energies, with a device that amplifies energy, and stopped in a similar manner by someone whose powers work by generating vast amounts of energy.

He didn't counteract the Magnetar's pulse at that stage, he counteracted his counterpart and Zoom's energies that went into the Magnetar. Zoom's plan was to destroy the multiverse with the pulse, explicitly a 'single' pulse.

You're misunderstanding my argument.

The argument is that the energy didn't undergo amplification, at which point the actual multiverse destroying pulse would've launched and replicated what Cisco saw in his visions.
the accumulated energy is infinite let me explain to you like this in order to destroy something you have to be equal to it or stronger this is what you have appeared there "You can vaporize a city with enough energy to destroy a country but you can't destroy a city without enough energy to destroy it" you unintentionally supported my argument because

infinite multiverse keep this in mind 1000 multiverses 1000 multiverses are finite numbers in the infinite multiverse but you are not finite if you want you can have the power of 200,000 universes you still won't be infinite here like zoom and barry produced infinite energy for the magnetar to destroy the infinite multiverse then barry puts this energy in the H3A layer again to destroy it

accumulated energy infinite destroying the accumulated infinite energy H3A D.C

if the multiverse was finite the energy required would also be finite but the multiverse is infinite the infinite multiverse You can't stop it finitely, and that still doesn't change the H3A layer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, sorry. Can you please rephrase this?
Since there is an infinite multiverse, it must have an infinite energy to destroy the infinite multiverse. The accumulated energy destroys the infinite accumulated infinite energy. Actually, if there was a certain finite number of multiverses, for example 3, it would need an energy that could destroy 3 universes, but here it needs infinite energy. You cannot destroy something infinite with a finite power. This shows that the flash does not have a finite power.

Since there is an infinite multiverse, it must have an infinite energy to destroy the infinite multiverse.
Cool, we agree there.
The accumulated energy destroys the infinite accumulated infinite energy.
This is where we disagree.

Firstly, Barry's Time Remnant didn't accumulate any energy himself to the Magnetar. He made a separate pulse.

Secondly, it didn't affect the amplified energies, as that was explicitly a separate thing. It counteracted Barry and Zoom's non-infinite energies.
You cannot destroy something infinite with a finite power.
That's why they literally put the finite energy it into an amplifier to become infinite.

Cool, we agree there.

This is where we disagree.

Firstly, Barry's Time Remnant didn't accumulate any energy himself to the Magnetar. He made a separate pulse.

Secondly, it didn't affect the amplified energies, as that was explicitly a separate thing. It counteracted Barry and Zoom's non-infinite energies.

That's why they literally put the finite energy it into an amplifier to become infinite.
Now let's agree from the beginning, even if it's not h3a, it should be scaled to at least 3A anyway

1st point, the time residue stores its energy accumulation by running around the magnetar's energy storage area and even creates a pulsar that can resist its infinite energy

2nd point, if it is as you said, if it is infinite thanks to the magnetar, the thing that stops the extradimensional multi-wave coming out of the magnetar's phase is the pulsar of the flash, the data destroys not only the shock wave but also the infinite energy

If we're saying it can be 3-A (which I don't think is true, btw), a finite number, then the entire point is out the window because there's no orders of infinity involved.

I'm not going to bother with the rest, as I've gone over this a million times already. I'm just going to bed.

If we're saying it can be 3-A (which I don't think is true, btw), a finite number, then the entire point is out the window because there's no orders of infinity involved.

I'm not going to bother with the rest, as I've gone over this a million times already. I'm just going to bed.
if they can't reach a common ground on this, the easiest way is because we have been arguing since the morning and now let's end it

you explained but what you explained is wrong you explained and I explained to destroy an infinite energy H3A can be taken can you prove to me that the exit there is not infinite

I similarly agree with ByAsura- I implied as much before, but put me down as a disagree. With three staff disagreements, I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back