• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cuphead VS Snaily: "Cuphead in Snail's Shooter Pace!"

I'm pretty sure Cuphead can take this one. He has more varied attack options and is more mobile. The snail's best thing is that it can hide in its shell. However, it needs t come out to attack and when it does, it'll be bombarded by Cuphead's superior projectiles.

Actually, Snaily tends to spam his self Gravity Manipulation for the sake of mobility and to cross distances faster. Of course, just like Cuphead, Snaily has dealt with similar danmaku. You may look it up, if you want.

True, while Snaily can only tank one hit without any damage before it forces him out of his shell, that is still beneficial to take cover from an attack Snaily is sure he cant avoid. Cuphead's special move appears to be slowly charged, and it would just give Snaily the opportunity to fly upwards and avoid it, or just hide in his shell.

Fair enough. However, I don't think self gravity manip is better than teleportation.

They have both dealt with danmaku, true. However, this just means the battle will take longer.

If he can only tank one hit, then Cuphead's rapid fire shots would be pratically guaranteed damage. Since the snail will be forced out right as an attack hits.

Either way, Cuphead seems to have more going for him here.

Cuphead's opponent's are usually larger than himself, or a bit smaller.

But if anything, that means that his shots will cover Snaily's entire body, which means it'll be much more difficult for Snaily to dodge them. Especially since he can switch between boomerang shoots, rapid fire shots, and charge shots.

At worst, it seems like cuphead will have a bit of a harder time keeping his eye on Snaily because they're so small. But teleportation helps move him out of the way of anything that's unexpected. I can see him being hit a few times by surprise, but his versatility is now much more effective because each shot is larger than Snaily's body, so they'll have to cover more distance to avoid it.

And I would like to point out Snaily has fought teleporting enemies before, such as Moon Snail, who spams it decently.

Also, just to make up the size, Snaily just shifts his gravity direction to at least move faster to dodge the bullets.

So, does Snaily have speed amplification through that?

I can see this being more inconclusive if so.

However, Cuphead has also dealt with teleporting enemies iirc. So he'd likely use his teleportation in such a way to counter what Snaily has faced. Since he's experienced the same.

Litentric Teon said:
So, does Snaily have speed amplification through that?

I can see this being more inconclusive if so.

However, Cuphead has also dealt with teleporting enemies iirc. So he'd likely use his teleportation in such a way to counter what Snaily has faced. Since he's experienced the same.
Somewhat like some "Pseudo Speed-Amp" via Gravity Manipulation, just to cover distance faster by making every direction him falling.

I mean, I don't really think that's better than teleportation.

I mean, generally speaking, Cuphead seems to have better abilities than Snaily. And his 'danmaku' of sorts is much more difficult for Snaily to dodge. Especially since they can't teleport. Self-gravity manip helps, but there's so many shots that Snaily is bound to be hit by something, and will start to slow down from there.

Whereas it's much easier for Cuphead to dodge Snaily's attacks since they're smaller and he can just teleport. The range isn't super impressive, but it's enough to get out of the way of Snaily's attacks pretty easily. It probably requires less energy as well. And certainly less physical movement.

I think it's close, but I think Cuphead's abilities are, generally speaking, better and more varied than Snaily's. As are his advantages.

Putting this here instead of the other thread because I'm sick of being accused of spiting characters when I'm not Pretty sure labeling a character's stamina as likely limiteless just because they've never shown to be tired is an NLF

Back