• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Cuphead wants to beat up Gumball after he says Bendy and The Ink Machine is the better game.

Both are 9-A
Speed is =
Gumball has the paintball gun, the phone, and the witch broom
Cuphead has access to all weapons
Wincons are k.o, death, or incap
Fighters start 20 meters away from each other
Cuphead has access to his plane

Cuphead: 8

Gumball Watterson:

Inconclusive:

Cuphead's AP: 0.04 Tons

Gumball's AP: 0.005 Tons

Last edited:
I feel like Cuphead could take this.

Now don't get me wrong. Gumball is CAPABLE of winning if we give him some of his equipment. The Console, Magic Notebook, Helmet, etc. Could all take care of Cuphead with ease.

Meanwhile. Cuphead's arsenal could give Gumball trouble. The homing projectiles don't seem to have a time limit until the disappear. (From what I remember)

Sure, Gumball can regenerate. But it can likely be overwhelmed by the bullet hell Cuphead could give.

On top of all THIS. Cuphead can go through PLENTLY of boss battles without getting tired. And with Gumball sometimes being a lazy person.

I think that's the bendy-straw on the cup for this. Let's just hope my gamble on this matchup is right.

I feel like Cuphead could take this.

Now don't get me wrong. Gumball is CAPABLE of winning if we give him some of his equipment. The Console, Magic Notebook, Helmet, etc. Could all take care of Cuphead with ease.

Meanwhile. Cuphead's arsenal could give Gumball trouble. The homing projectiles don't seem to have a time limit until the disappear. (From what I remember)

Sure, Gumball can regenerate. But it can likely be overwhelmed by the bullet hell Cuphead could give.

On top of all THIS. Cuphead can go through PLENTLY of boss battles without getting tired. And with Gumball sometimes being a lazy person.

I think that's the bendy-straw on the cup for this. Let's just hope my gamble on this matchup is right.
I doubt his equipment could really help him. Cuphead's bullets should easily knock off his Helmet, and I doubt Cuphead is going to let him write in his notebook. From what I remember, The Console doesn't really do anything aside from taking them both into the game world.

I doubt his equipment could really help him. Cuphead's bullets should easily knock off his Helmet, and I doubt Cuphead is going to let him write in his notebook. From what I remember, The Console doesn't really do anything aside from taking them both into the game world.
The helmet can stop a rock throw from like a meter away with a well placed bird, it took PIS to remove it, so i doubt the bullets are removing it.

If he has it all at once, running away with luck armor would let him write anything down.

The helmet can stop a rock throw from like a meter away with a well placed bird, it took PIS to remove it, so i doubt the bullets are removing it.

If he has it all at once, running away with luck armor would let him write anything down.
Throwing some mud does not compare to dozens of projectiles. One of them should knock the Helmet off.

Couldn't Gumball use powers of imagination to defend himself from attacks? how to create an imaginary car? or imaginary weapons to counter-attack the cuphead's bullets and use blast manipulation to make the cuphead explode while being run over by an invisible car?

Couldn't Gumball use powers of imagination to defend himself from attacks? how to create an imaginary car? or imaginary weapons to counter-attack the cuphead's bullets and use blast manipulation to make the cuphead explode while being run over by an invisible car?
I don't think his imagination powers are combat applicable. And in order for him use his explosion manipulation, he needs to get close which Cuphead wouldn't let happen. Even if he did get close, Cuphead probably tanks it since his ap and durability are 8 times higher than Gumball's.

I don't think his imagination powers are combat applicable. And in order for him use his explosion manipulation, he needs to get close which Cuphead wouldn't let happen. Even if he did get close, Cuphead probably tanks it since his ap and durability are 8 times higher than Gumball's.
about the explosions makes sense, as his powers of imagination are certainly applicable in combat, most of the time when they were used was in combat (fighting tobias (although this may be considered not applicable) and when he and the other watersons were in a combat car race, whose cars clearly affected the environment around them)

but even with that, Cuphead should take the victory most of the time due to projectile spam and having already faced more "stranger" opponents giving him the advantage of experience

Anyway, I'll vote for Cuphead as well. He's a lot more experienced in combat via...actually fighting. Seriously, Gumball's first tactic in any fight is to run away from his opponent, and there's ten examples on his profile. Cuphead isn't going to let that happen. In fact, Cuphead spamming projectiles would easily counter that. While I do know SBA disallows combatants from running away from the fight, they can still run from the opponent, and that's what Gumball always opens with. I also know Gumball will retaliate if he's left with no choice, but it's not his first move in most situations.

While Gumball's regen may be a problem at first, it's worth mentioning Gumball can still get knocked out, and Cuphead has the AP and skill advantage to do that. Gumball's imagination powers could overwhelm Cuphead at first, but Cuphead can tank them and fight through it.

Anyway, I'll vote for Cuphead as well. He's a lot more experienced in combat via...actually fighting. Seriously, Gumball's first tactic in any fight is to run away from his opponent, and there's ten examples on his profile. Cuphead isn't going to let that happen. In fact, Cuphead spamming projectiles would easily counter that. While I do know SBA disallows combatants from running away from the fight, they can still run from the opponent, and that's what Gumball always opens with. I also know Gumball will retaliate if he's left with no choice, but it's not his first move in most situations.

While Gumball's regen may be a problem at first, it's worth mentioning Gumball can still get knocked out, and Cuphead has the AP and skill advantage to do that. Gumball's imagination powers could overwhelm Cuphead at first, but Cuphead can tank them and fight through it.
Could Cuphead overwhelm Gumball's regeneration with his danmaku and 8 times AP advantage?

Back