• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cueball's tier

I've never read this webcomic, but on Cueball's tier it says that he may be as small as quantum strings, which are one dimensional. Wouldn't this mean his tier would be something like "possibly 11B likely 10C" as opposed to just 10C?

Bumping. I'm curious, for a similar reason: Where in the world did the basis for his size come from? Quoting his profile:

Attack Potency: Below Average Human (Far smaller than even subatomic particles, and possibly quantum strings.)

This doesn't really make sense. Even for a supergenius, if he was that tiny, I'd be questionable if he'd be able to differentiate what he calls "sand and rocks" in panel 4 . Some would be larger than others, obviously, but any grain of sand is like a supermassive rock to a thing the size of an atom, isn't it? If he was that small, could he really see past any grain of sand?

Heck, in panel 7 he says "I've rederived modern math in the sand and then some". He appears to have written/drawn in it. How in the world could he have?

And there's very little suggesting he wasn't a regular human -& thus, he could be assumed to be regular human size- in the world he came from.

And comparing him to the particles he controls them isn't a basis, because those are just products of a physics simulation made via a computer he built & operated with rocks.

And the line "The eons blur past as I walk down a single row" doesn't seem like it'd make sense as a reason for him to be tiny either.

A row goes left to right & we're shown he's placed a lot of rocks; As one would after using them to operate a "computer" for as long as he claims; He says he has infinite time, & near the end of the comic, he says "I'm sorry. I must have misplaced a rock sometime in the last billions and billions of millenia.".

Naturally, the rows would be huge, & it would take a long time to walk past each left to right line of rocks, assuming he means going end to end, nevermind the amounts of time -however small- that might be spent at each row moving rocks.

It's also possible that "eons blur" simply means his memory all blurs together, so to speak, as he's been doing this & only this for a very, very long time.

Seriously, why is Cueball assumed to be so tiny for his In the Rock Simulation tier: Which refers to him in the location where he operates the physics-simulating rock computer, but not in his Outside the Rock Simulation tier, which seems to be for him anywhere else -or maybe against things not in his simulation- & has him as having Regular Human statistics?

If he's the same old, regular human size either way, then I don't see why he has a 10-C & a 10-B Tier.

"Misplacing a rock", isnt taken rather explictly. It means that this "rock formula" is simulated, thus cueball simply experiences his universe as he has set it.

So he decides the instant, and the instant after that. If he misplaces a rock, well... anything unexpectedly...could happen.

Each "atoms" in the rock simulation is made out of hundreds of rocks. Cueball is comparable in size to them.

His 10-C tier is only from the perspective of beings within the simulation, who are made out of said rocks.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Each "atoms" in the rock simulation is made out of hundreds of rocks. Cueball is comparable in size to them.
His 10-C tier is only from the perspective of beings within the simulation, who are made out of said rocks.
But they describe what he specifically describes as a computer that simulates physics & he himself said he programmed.

"I was able to build a computer. Each new row of stones is the next iteration of the computation. Sure it's rocks instead of electricity, but it's the same thing. Just slower. After a while I programmed it to be a physics simulator."

The rocks don't make up the atoms in the reality they simulate, they make up the parts of programming code that SIMULATES the atoms. They're more like pieces of code, or parts of a circuitboard, IMHO. Or electricity, by Cueball's own word. I don't think even the small electrical signals that go through circuitboards are anywhere near as tiny as atoms.

And yes, "Every piece of information about a particle was encoded as a string of bits written in the stones.".

But they're still code describing the atoms. I wouldn't say the atoms are made of the rocks.

Also "written in the stones" & the illustration of 2 strings of bits/numbers pointing to a single circle -a rock, presumably- indicates that multiple strings can be on individual rocks via writing, not that strings are necessarily made from multiple rocks.

And by the illustration standards, Cueball is many times the size of each rock.

Also: If he simulates everything, why would he not simulate, say, other humans such that they measure roughly the same size as him regardless of how many rocks it needs to make something?

If he's, say, 15 rocks high -I guesstimated, I make no claim of measuring- & he's had experience with other humans before -he says he "Woke up one day" in the desert- then wouldn't he use a similar range of height from his own reference for the simulated humans? Even if they're made of tons of rocks, they don't actually exist in the desert where he operates, & in the simulation, wouldn't they have similar dimensions to what's in his own memory?

The rocks seem to primarily detail info, & that can include mass, which may differ from the mass of the "coding rocks" themselves.

Back