• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cubic Explosions to calc AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
I made a calculatio a week or so ago that got semi-accepted by Darkanine, yet he wanted more assurances from others about the validity of multiplying cubic explosion yields. Since then it has gotten little traffic, and I am curious to see if a post will fare better in answering this question.

So is this methodology of multiplying cubic explosive yields valid? Is it flawed in some way? Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Since that this involves a calculation question, perhaps this should be moved to the Questions and Answers board?

Anyways, brb checking.

@ Ant I have already posted in that thread and received no traffic. Outside of Darkanine, there are very few people that are active in checking normal user calcs.

It basically is just basic applying a destruction value to a volume, isn't it?

Just that instead of doing a pixel scaling for every single volume you just measured one block and then counted the rest of the blocks to figure out the rest of the volume, no?

In that case it really shouldn't be problematic.

One different question though: You mention weapons causing multiple explosions at once.

Are this all result of a single gathered shot or are this really sperate?

With seperate I mean something like the explosions caused by a grenade launcher that launches 3 grenades at once.

DontTalk said:
One different question though: You mention weapons causing multiple explosions at once.

Are this all result of a single gathered shot or are this really sperate?

With seperate I mean something like the explosions caused by a grenade launcher that launches 3 grenades at once.
The weapons that cause multiple explosions that I have listed do indeed only fire a single projectile. The Sticky Grenade Launcher, for example, fires one explosive that will detonate after a short delay. Instead of a normal, singular explosion, however, it triggers three of the same explosion arranged in a triangle around the point of origin.

The Nuke Launcher is similar, with a single missile being fired and all subsequent explosions triggering off of that single projectile that exploded. It is the game's way of stacking high damage onto a single location without giving a weapon insane numbers.

Quick, question, as I believe the request thread would be an inappropriate place to ask, but what density is used to determine the mass of an average brick and glass building? And how do we account for the fact that a building is majority hollow on its interior?

Just axe the the majority of the mass or calculate up the walls. This thread is insanely old (March 31) and I am not sure we why are reviving it for something that isn't relevant to it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back