• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
any verse with a tier zero in it is non beatable tho, it can definitly be stopped via stalemate
Let's make a battle royal of the verses with tier 0s! An endless stalemate! That's a wonderful idea AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

RRTheEndMan said:
Ricsi-viragosi said:
any verse with a tier zero in it is non beatable tho, it can definitly be stopped via stalemate
Let's make a battle royal of the verses with tier 0s! An endless stalemate! That's a wonderful idea AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
It's been done before. Several times. It'll be closed since no conclusion can be reached.

Bullshit!

Zeus would easily take down Cthulhu who was taken down by a steam ship, any involving Cthulhu is instantly swamped by Lovecraft fanboys with their Cthulhu pwns all!!!!111. This site, like all fandom wikis, is also full of cultureless neckbeards who wouldn't know classical writing if it hit them in the face. Hence why there are many articles full of FNAF fan characters and DBZ fans putting Goku as the ultimate PWNER!!!!!!1112

Zeus has countless abilities other than just lighting, he has transformed mortals and nymphs into monsters. He can turn creatures into stone hence the Teumessian Fox and the hound Lailaps.

"A wild Fox was creating havoc in the land [of Thebes]. But despite Amphitryon's attempts [to destroy it], it was fated that no one would subdue this Fox. As the land continued in torment, the Thebans once a month would set out one of the citizen's children for it, for otherwise it would have seized many of them. Amphitryon went to Deioneus' son Kephalos (Cephalus) at Athens, and after promising him a share of the booty from the Teleboan expedition, persuaded him to bring to the Fox hunt the Dog [Lailaps (Laelaps)] which Prokris (Procris) had received from Minos and brought from Krete (Crete), for it was also fated that this Dog would catch whatever it chased. Consequently, when the Fox was chased by the Dog, Zeus turned them both to stone."

Also

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus." Hesiod

"To [Zeus] Kronides (Cronides) (Son of Kronos), Most High (hypatos). I will sing of Zeus, chiefest among the gods and greatest, all-seeing, the lord of all, the fulfiller who whispers words of wisdom to Themis as she sits leaning towards him. Be gracious, all-seeing Kronides, most excellent and great!" Homeric Hymn 23

So, your reasonings are two nlf statements about him, and saying a factually wrong thing 'bout cthulhu? The ship didn' t affect it, the constellations were simply not of it's liking so it went to sleep.

What the hell is a nlf statement? National Liberation Front? National Liberal Federation? National Football League?

Also, Cthulhu was described as popping like an exploded bladder when hit by the boat that certainly sounds like he was injured. Whereas If Zeus was hit by a boat it would do nothing.

You didn't read the fallacy page huh?

You realize that that was because of the composition of his body, yeah? Certain times he plain becomes a mist when something is about to touch him...

...which you would know if you read his page.

Yes, because I am not a user on this site, I just came across this battle and it really annoyed me. Also, I can't stand this whole obsession with fallacies it really becomes a way for smug neckbeards to play a "I win card" and feel like they are so intellectually superior, or it just brings so many regulations to debates that they become completely robotic. Furthermore, after a search I found that some people have found issues with the NIF in any case

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...-no-limit-fallacy-make-no-sen-1529710/?page=1

"You realize that that was because of the composition of his body, yeah? Certain times he plain becomes a mist when something is about to touch him."

I don't remember that part in Call of Cthulhu.

You don't like the idea that logical fallacies exist? That's too bad for you.

That is a horrible misinterpretation of what NLF is. Like, in the same thread the problem got pointed out.

You're assuming I am human and that you can just slap human limits on my bones. Fact is my bones have never shown the upper levels of their durability, so going by the logic of this thread my bones must not have an upper limit. That's the point of the No Limits Fallacy. To prevent people from abusing abilities with no shown upper limit from claiming said abilities, well, have no upper limit.

Without it the following is possible:

Voldermort can kill the Living Tribunal with the killing curse.
AKU THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS can survive an attack from TOAA unless TOAA has Jack's sword.
Gannondorf can shrug off Galactus' best attacks so long as Galactus doesn't have the Master Sword.
Itachi Uchiha's Yata Mirror can block attacks from Rune King Thor.
Jigglypuff's singing can put the entire Celestial race to sleep for a K.O.
Hancock could take blows from Thanos without so much as a bruise.

If any of this seems plausible to you then there's no reason to continue this discussion.
Man, almost like cthulhu is not only in call of cthulhu.

@Agent I suggest you look at this for more explination of Cthulhu https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ad_Thingamabob_of_Untold_Horror#Great_Cthulhu

NLF's are considered an "I win card" btw, because if they would be correct then there would be no reason to debate. That character would almost always win. Superman and the Hulk aren't infinite, Saitama can't defeat everyone with one punch, and toon force doesn't make you invincible. Being all knowing and a head god doesn't make you infinite, but I do understand your points and think this might need to be re-evaluated.

Back