• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cthulhu Regenerationn and other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like you don't quite understand how regen works.

Your entire argument hinges on us never seeing Cthulhu's whole material body being destroyed, thus he can't regenerate it.

But that's entirely wrong. Because he's not regenerating a from a separate body. He's still regenerating from his single, real body.

His true self isn't disconnected from what we perceive. We just can't perceive all of him. There is nothing preventing him from reconstituting the rest of his physical form.

I see what you are trying to say, but while I agree that it is his true body, we have no idea if Cthulhu can regen that much ma's from his true body.

Why wouldn't he, though? There is no arbitrary distinction made within canon between parts of his body. The majority of him is still entirely unaffected.

Likebana I said, we can't just assume things, or else most of this wiki would be utterly worthless. If you want my reasoning though, I'm guessing that you were trying to say that since the old ones could not be killed because of their non corporeality, that that means since theIrma real bodies could not be reached, they were able to regen. While I agreed at first, I found two problems with this.

1. Cthulhu is far lower than all other old ones, so scaling him with them is very iffy.

2 Their inability to be killed due to there higher dimension bodies doesn't necessarily mean that. It could just mean that it was the strange nature of there bodies that caused problems (e.i. Mind mash ) was the problem.

And if you want to get technical, since we never see Cthulhu fighting, we don't necessarily no if he was subjected to this as well.

And if you want to get real technical it wouldn't be low God anyway, since technically that means that the majority of his body is unreachable, not that he can regen without it.

Yobobojojo said:
And if you want to get real technical it wouldn't be low God anyway, since technically that means that the majority of his body is unreachable, not that he can regen without it.
Literally the definition of Low-Godly regen. Most of your essence is untouchable by normal means, this it's harder to stop your regen.

Also, the only story to mention GOOs far beyond Cthulhu is The Dunwich Horror. The quote you're referring to is from At the Mountains of Madness, and memtions Cthulhu by name, so I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

Its on his profile page that Cthulhu is far lower than other old ones and can barely perceive his cousins, so if you have a problem with that, change it.

Also, that would simply qualify as normal regen since it is his body, not soul or other item.

Exact definition says disembodied conscience, and even if Cthulhu could regenerate from his incorporeal body, his conscious is not disembodied, thus disqualifying him.

Then the problem lies in the page, as the examples are given after the definition last time I checked.

Bes ides your missing the point. That would be technicality more than anything, and my main point was that Cthulhu has no concrete facts showing he can do this, and any thing inconclusive shouldn't be included in the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back