• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crash Bandicoot Upgrade

Note: This is probably a highballed lowball (Somehow)

Assuming only atmosphere dropped to 0 degrees celsius (considering Idk how to calc the land as well) (Lowball)

Assuming that the average temp of the atmosphere is 14 degrees celsius, though it gets cooler the higher we go (Highball, potentially massive one)

Mass * Temperature Change * Specific Heat = Energy Lost in Joules

(5.1480 * 10^18) * -14 *1.039 = 7.4882808 * 10^19 j

Island level

Divide it by two since it would be the Water and Wind Elementals who would do it.

But yeah, High 7-C is a good lowball for them.

I actually played Crash and the Wrath of Cortex (And practically every Crash game before and after). Crash did physically defeated Crunch when he was powered by the Water Elemental and Uka Uka (Who is superior to them) empowered by the Evolo-Ray in Crash of the Titans. I believe the upgrades are reasonable.

I also agree with Ryu. I don't believe his death animations should be taken into context in judging his durability. In the cutscenes, he and even more so, Cortex, survived way worse than the obstacles that can kill him during gameplay such as a fall from Cortex's castle in the first game. I can apply the changes to Crash's profile and anyone else who scales off of him if everyone is okay with this.

Considering all the pages made so far, I don't think there's a character who doesn't scale from Crash. I will make a page for the Elementals since they are the central reason for the upgrades.

Let's see:

• Coco scales, since she is equal to Crash
  • Aku Aku and Uka Uka obviously scale
  • Crunch scales when empowered by the Elementals, though I don't think he does when normal
  • The Evil Twins are the most powerful characters of the verse. They scale.
  • Dr. Nefarious Tropy scales, as he is one of Crash's most powerful enemies
  • Dr. Neo Cortex scales in durability, but I am uncertain if he scales in AP. He should absolutely scale when Bulked Up in Mind Over Mutant, and when wielding the Mecha Bandicoot, tho.

Cortex falling is only Wall level tho, and he is placed way above that. Also, we don't consider Crash of the Titans here, since we agree that is a separate continuity.

I still disagree to scale enviromental destruction powers to physical stats, and even less scale it to others that doesn't have that kind of powers; basically, since there no scene that show characters having stats below town or island level outside gameplay and boss fight (almost the same tho), I can't prove that characters aren't town level.

But welp, is just two against several, and the mayority tends to win.

@Antonio

Once again, the "environmental destruction" feats are done when the characters aren't even present on the location, and with 0 effort, meanwhile the Elementals and Uka Uka put a lot more effort into empowering Crunch / firing Energy Beams.

It scales.

And don't use Gameplay Deaths (Gags which don't happen in canon) and mid-game boss fights (Which don't scale to Crash) as evidence. Crash and Ripper Roo's own feats disprove him dying to TNT Boxes in gameplay)

Also, Crash of the Titans isn't another continuity, it's a soft-reboot which takes place after the previous game, but changes a lot of designs.

Saying it's another continuity is akin to saying that Sonic Adventure takes place in another continuity from Genesis Sonic.

Crash and other characters are already placed in the way they can tanks a good amount of tnt and nitro crates, that place them in a range of room+ to building level, first fight with Ripper Roo would be an exception with extra big tnt crates being barely large building level. The profiles have nothing that they didn't showed across the games, and you want to trash anything by overthinking about beings that control the weather, what those guys did is different of what Storm, Hatfield, Pucca (no prifile tho), Electro or much others can do, only in bigger proporsions.

We separated Titans serie cuz it was a recomendation from chat, I think it was Venom or one of his family, don't remember, it was that way cuz it introduced new concepts that didn't exist before. I'm not against a composite profile or a separate key.

"Crash and other characters are already placed in the way they can tanks a good amount of tnt and nitro crates"

So why did you even bring up the gag deaths in the first place? If you are going to agree that they are much stronger than that one way or another, don't bring it up.

You do know that both Storm and Electro have Superhuman Strength and Durability feats and that their lightning powers are far above real-life lightning, right? Never mind that storm can make World-Covering storms and Electro can fire building-sized lightning or blow up an entire city-block with his lightning, right?

Sera legit agreed with me today that Titans isn't another continuity, but a soft reboot. It introducing a new concept (Mojo) isn't much, since even the Crystals didn't exist in the first game.

Also: "The profiles have nothing that they didn't showed across the games"

That's factually incorrect. The profiles ignore numerous feats and statements throughout the series and are almost exclusively based on gameplay.

The gameplay part should be ignored, but by cutscenes/plot story Crash indeed defeated a full power elemental Crush.

Guys... It's Crunch not Crush.

But yeah, gameplay should be ignored. And you should also not use a character's physical appearance to say that they are stronger than Crash, if Crash beats them every time (Like Crunch, Tiny Tiger or Transformed N.Brio)

Ahh, so Electro has more feats than moving simple clouds... fine, he has feats that supposts the city block rating, but, what is supporting the stat here? Are we going with the same issue of long time ago of saying "if I can cause a storm, and storms generate this much energy per second, most likely I can tank a nuke cuz it generate that much too" or "if moving a 2 tons boulder generated this much energy, so moving a 2 kg rock will generate same"? No, you said it, Storm can generate worldwide storms, fine with that, but, how much she has made by his own, or how much can she tank? This ploblem not only involve Crash or weather manipulators, it involve characters that can control specific elements; the ones that lacks of feats, or the feats that aren't quantificable, are given the same stat of the storm, cloud moving, eclipse moving, etc. to the other stats, and since people like me can't prove anything since there's no "anti-feat" to reference, it stay that way cuz the other ones use the AoE fallacy to justify it.

I wasn't the one who bring the death animation in first place (or no, don't remember, this discussion is already pretty large...), several of these animation where discarted already, likes falling or by just touching animals, since Crash and others has survaved to that before, and death by touch is ridiculous, but I'm not going to discard all that since it will made anyone featless. Only the quantificable values that show consistency were used, several enemies use explosives as weapons, so that is why we previously used the tnt and nitro crates since they are quatificable, Crash can outrun several animals, so that's why we gave that speed, the gags deaths weren't used at all in the previous revision.

I was only following a suggestion, the Manga of Crash nor the Titans serie were used because I was asking in chat in some people agreed with that. You can still add Titans serie feats to the profiles, I prefer to use more medias when we discuss a vsthread, for references. But I should warn you, you aren't going to see feats that support the town rating, in fact, you just could find more anti-feats there; there are also more gags in that serie (at least second game), so beware of what you pick as feat or anti-feat.

Honestly, I think that it's pretty odd that you said I was overthinking beings that control the weather in your previous post. I think it is you that is making things more complicated than they should be.

I already explained about 6 times in this thread why it scales. And it's odd that you say "Simply moving clouds" when we scale Telekinesis feats to AP with anything else, but moving clouds is apparently unnaceptable.

Similarly, producing heat is something that's acceptable for AP, but producing the heat of a thunderstorm to generate lightning seems to not be.

I already showed quantifiable feats in the original post, I don't know why you say that there's a lack of quantifiable feats.

"several enemies use explosives as weapons"

That's not an argument for anything. This is akin to using Goombas and Badnick feats to downgrade Mario and Sonic.

And Crash's speed is far better than what he is rated as here. He can maneuver his airplane away from Cloud Crunch's lightning-attacks after said attacks were fired, showing MHS - MHS+ reactions.

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the difference between splitting a storm and creating one which makes the former alright for the scaling and the latter unacceptable?

Because the only difference I see is the direction of the movement, if i'm being honest

Both are completely acceptable, but generally because of how common Storm feats are in fiction while being simultaneously powerful enough to upgrade plenty of characters, people argue that they can't be used since they are not harming a specific target.

This is a very bad argument, imo, as it completely ignores the Matter Manipulation necessary to materialize the clouds, the Kinetic Energy necessary to move the clouds and the Heat Energy necessary to produce the lightning. Meanwhile we are 100% fine with scaling AP to Matter Manipulation feats, Reality Warping feats, Telekinesis feats and Heat feats.

The energy necessary to create a storm doesn't come out of thin air, it's contained by the character and it's the same energy they spend to attack the opponent, be it by physical strikes or energy blasts (The later which automatically confirms scaling as acceptable, btw). In Crash Bandicoot's case, the masks' feat all come from their magical power, which they can use in combat to fire Energy Balls and Beams, and they always put more effort in combat than in their weather feats, once again showing that the former is more powerful.

Frankly, separating Weather Manipulation from Ap is almost as bad as separating Creation feats from Destruction feats.

Wasn't Crunch cloud form supposed to different from common clouds or something, his attacks are aparently town level, but it conserve the speed of a real lightning? If is lightning speed, shouldn't be considered common lightning, you known, large building at the very most? In fact, wasn't the entire fight pure PIS? You said to not consider gameplay nor boss fights, but still trying to overthink the fight of Pinstripe (that is most likely animation thing) and give him the speed of a bullet; right now you're just selecting the feat that you like and discarding the rest that are underwhelming.

Also, I don't agree to scale telekinesis to AP, psychics users tends to be glass canons, yes I made a character like that long time ago, and its need correction, but I didn't even scale it to striking strength nor durability. The heat based powers works differently, personally, I think it would be better to just write the temperature of the attack, since the energy, even though is true, would yield different in other conditions, for example, and adult an a child that suppost the same temperature would have the same durability (against fire), but switching to energy, the adult would be more durable only cuz it has more surface. I'm not going to try to change anything in the system, but it would be better to analyse this kind of things than rather say "it create a storm, so it should resist nukes" or "it immulnerable to burning gasoline, so he should resist trucks crashes" without any basis in every other case.

"Wasn't Crunch cloud form supposed to different from common clouds or something"

He's a literal cloud with lightning producing from his body, and the lightning attacks should scale to real lightning in speed.

"If is lightning speed, shouldn't be considered common lightning, you known, large building at the very most?"

No, because the energy projection attacks from the elementals are High 7-C scaling from their casual feats.

"In fact, wasn't the entire fight pure PIS? You said to not consider gameplay nor boss fights, but still trying to overthink the fight of Pinstripe (that is most likely animation thing) and give him the speed of a bullet"

No, the bullets harming Cloud Crunch is PIS, but Crash dodging lightning from a cloud and moving at speeds comparable to bullets are both real feats. You can't say I'm overthinking if it's literally what happens with the animation. Simply because you don't like the feats you can't ignore them. They're there and they should be analyzed.

"psychics users tends to be glass canons"

You shouldn't argue using tropes. You should argue using feats.

The Everlasting said:
Introducing new concepts is just what new games do. Saying it's a different continuity because of that is just being silly.
No. Yeul said Crash of the Titans retconned elements of the old game. She said nothing about introducing new cocnepts. She said that the concept of mojo is not compatible with the old lore though.

For example. Mojo is located on Wumpa Island. Okay....so why hasn't Cortex tried to use it before? The Crystals is a different story. The gems are more powerful than the crystals so of course Cortex would seek those. After his defeat in Crash 1 he discovered a crystal in Crash 2 opening and said "Crystals....of course!" Meaning they are his backup plan. Mojo however did not exist. So in a similar fashion to DBS, Crash of the Titans simply retconned certain elements.

@Sera

I was talking to Antonio with that.

Besides, retcons are retcons. Tons of series do those all the time. It doesn't mean it's incompatible with previous lore, just that it overrides the lore with something new.

Like how Final Fantasy XIII-2 made Lightning travel to Valhalla after the end of the first game, which canonically overrode the ending to the first game where she reuinites with Serah.

It's probably going to be pretty impressive, since it covered all the way to the horizon on a 360 degree radius.

... Crunch attacks has large town rating only because you assumed so, and Pinstriper bullets are visible due the animation, if it would run at real time there were no way to known at where is he firing/aiming, and the player needs to known that, this is a common thing in videogames, bullets haven't yellow shine neither.

if everything is in slow motion due that, you just going to assume that the triceratops, bears and rhynos are as fast as a lightning, same way the planes even tho it can be see to be running in real time. That without saying that you are using gameplay to use stats, when you disagreed with that long postes ago.

The Everlasting said:
@Sera

I was talking to Antonio with that.

Besides, retcons are retcons. Tons of series do those all the time. It doesn't mean it's incompatible with previous lore, just that it overrides the lore with something new.

Like how Final Fantasy XIII-2 made Lightning travel to Valhalla after the end of the first game, which canonically overrode the ending to the first game where she reuinites with Serah.
ye

"Crunch attacks has large town rating only because you assumed so"

Nope, they are High 7-C scaling from the Elementals' feats.

"Pinstriper bullets are visible due the animation"

Yeah, and so what? The game is from Crash's perspective and what is stopping him from seeing bullets?

"if everything is in slow motion due that"

It's not. Not every scene has the same speed, but in that scene you can see bullets and move at comparable speeds.

In God of War 2 and 3, Kratos can parry Zeus' lightning in gameplay and even move at comparable speeds. Does this mean that every random enemy he fights is MHS+? Of course not.

Characters have feats of varying scales throughout the games, which is why it's our job to analyze and find the best feats that are not total outliers, like the High 1-C to High 1-B statements in Twinsanity.

"same way the planes even tho it can be see to be running in real time"

It's clearly faster than a real plane since it can move at speeds comparable to Crunch's lightning and even dodge it.

"when you disagreed with that long postes ago"

False equivalency. I am against using non-canon gag deaths as an argument, but it is totally acceptable to use feats actually done in gameplay.

Elementals are being rating that high due causing storms, tsunamies, eruptions, not for launching an attack that nuked a town, lightnings not yield that much, again, everyone has that rating because it was assumed.

So that its? You just going to extract the good "feats" from gameplay and ignore everything else for convenience? Crash "moves as fast as bullets", but being killed/damaged by bullet is PIS? Crash reacts to "lightnings", but being able to defeat Crush with countless of munition is PIS? Crash can outrun a triceratops but if the dinosaur kill it is PIS? Also, the plane doesn't move that fast, it appeared in other levels and it moves in real time... now you're going to say that the plane have different speeds and is convenintly moving faster in that battle... even tho everything seems to run in real time, but not cuz you assumed that the attacks move faster than Mach 100.

"Elementals are being rating that high due causing storms, tsunamies, eruptions, not for launching an attack that nuked a town, lightnings not yield that much, again, everyone has that rating because it was assumed."

I already explained seven times that their energy beams > their weather feats.

When has Crash canonically died to bullets or a dinosaur bite? Never.

Seriously, why are you using that as an argument? any enemy can kill you in any game by the necessity to make a balanced game.

"now you're going to say that the plane have different speeds and is convenintly moving faster in that battle... even tho everything seems to run in real time, but not cuz you assumed that the attacks move faster than Mach 100."

Why don't you try saying that Sonic isn't FTL because he is visible in real-time gameplay? You cannot use apparent speed for these things.

Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant aren't different countinuities. They both take place within the same one. Heck, mutiple characters reference past games, both directly and event-wise. As such, events that happened within those games should still be considered.

The Everlasting said:
"like the High 1-C to High 1-B statements in Twinsanity."
I need to hear this.
https://youtu.be/ecHICWqmdo8?t=436

"Back in the 10th Dimension, we don't have anything near as nice as the totem gods."
https://youtu.be/ecHICWqmdo8?t=704

"Fools, you thought these two boys could defeat us? We are masters of the infinite dimensions! We have power over reality itself."
https://youtu.be/ecHICWqmdo8?t=813

"This is the psychotron. Gateway to the infinite dimensions. Beyond our universe, somewhere between the 9th and 11th Dimensions, lies the mysterious 10th Dimension."
Anyway, even ignoring this, the Evil Twins are the most powerful characters of the verse. They stomp Aku Aku + Uka Uka, they threaten to destroy the islands, and Aku Aku says that they will destroy the world (Likely over time), and they are Reality Warpers. They are only defeated by the combined efforts of Crash, Cortex, Nina, Aku Aku and Uka Uka + Mecha Bandicoot, which is Cortex's strongest robot.

Apparently there's also a character who's stated to be 5-D in the manual.

Which is obviously bullshit along with those.

Back