• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could this qualify as possible lightning/electricity of sorts?

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
So, I was d╠Âe╠Âs╠Âp╠Âe╠Âr╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âe╠Âa╠Âr╠Âc╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âe╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âf╠Âe╠Âa╠Ât╠Âs messing around with some catalog gear in Roblox again, until I found this thing .

Okay, so its descriptions shocking opponents, that's simple enough. But the reason main reason why I think this warranted for a thread is how it works ingame:
TOP TEN MOST BRUTAL ANIME EXECUTIONS
TOP TEN MOST BRUTAL ANIME EXECUTIONS

If any of the projectiles fired from the weapon hit a Robloxian, it causes their hair to stand up, sets them on fire, and generates smoke for 1.5 seconds.

According to the Lightning Dodging Feats page, for electricity to be considered to be about lightning speed, it has to be similar in power to natural lightning (5 Billion joules, or somewhere around building level) or higher. Since the weapon can cause damage to Robloxians, it could probably be considered to be capable of moving at the same speed as natural lightning. Correct me if wrong on any of this.

Alternatively, there's this gear that has the ability to utilize lightning for various attacks (Likely just magical lightning). The only reason I'm including it here is because the Q move for it causes lightning to strike down on any nearby opponent from the sky, which also causes them to fall down onto the ground (Possibly contracting their muscles?). Here's a video of it being demonstrated below, move is performed at 2:33:

Zeus's attacks (all 3)
Zeus's attacks (all 3)

Edit 1:

Just to make sure, I wanted to see if this weapo can be considered as actual lightning, video of it in action below:

LIGHTNING CAUGHT ON CAMERA (2018) (GONE WRONG) *NOT CLICKBAIT*
LIGHTNING CAUGHT ON CAMERA (2018) (GONE WRONG) *NOT CLICKBAIT*

Probably the closest thing we have to lightning in rocucks. It seems like it's cloud-to-ground, it creates an explosion (Or whatever that orange flash is to be called) on strike, and it causes the hit target to fall down face-foward.

I don't think you can use the durability of the character as basis for whether or not the weapon in question is lightning speed. It would be preferable if it instead, interacts with the environment.

I don't know if what is shown is something only lightning does though, so I can't comment there.

Gemmysaur said:
I don't think you can use the durability of the character as basis for whether or not the weapon in question is lightning speed. It would be preferable if it instead, interacts with the environment.
I don't know if what is shown is something only lightning does though, so I can't comment there.
Ah, I did not know that. I was referencing off of a thread I saw that had several staff members talking about that. Then again, this calc was accepted using the logic of "If the electrical attack was 8-C or above" .

Gemmysaur said:
Actually, he can, we have a rule now that if it has AP comparable to or higher than lightning, it is now treated as having comparable speed

If that's the case, then carry on. I was not part of the discussion about it so I didn't know. Thanks.

Also, just to point out, if we use the first option listed on the thread (The laser gun named Sapphire Rapid Fire Shocker), we would get 880 m/s per point of walkspeed, mainly because of the fact that each projectile from the gun moves at a walkspeed value of 500. This option would be the lowball for a possible speed upgrade in the verse.

If we apply this speed to the profile, we would get something like this:

Speed: High Hypersonic movement (Moves at a walkspeed value of 16, which is 3.4% of the speed of the projectiles fired from the Sapphire Rapid Shocker), can be increased to Massively Hypersonic via Elixir of Dreams and similar speed boosting items [Boosts walkspeed to 50, which is 10% of the aforementioned projectiles] ) with Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Can react to - and dodge - projectiles from the Sapphire Rapid Shocker), Massively Hypersonic flight speed (Rainbow carpet can accelerate at a walkspeed of 120, which is 24% of the speed of electrical projectiles from the Sapphire Rapid Shocker), Massively Hypersonic speed in short bursts (The Katana of the Golden Snake can lunge at a speed of 135, which is 27% of the speed of the electrical projectiles fired from the Sapphire Rapid Shocker), and Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed (Can swing their arms fast enough to catch plungers on fire, the Sapphire Rapid Shocker fires electrical projectiles). Likely far higher with other various speed boosting and preparation time (Outrageous sword allows for the user to repeatedly increase their speed to an unknown amount)

On the other hand, we get the Zeus' Lightning staff (Which is much less likely to get accepted due to how it works), which would get the movement speed way into the range of Massievly Hypersonic+ (With the base movement speed being around Massively Hypersonic).

So yeah, if we had a choice between the two, I would go with the gun due to having a more realistic speed.

Also, this obviously doesn't scale to the feat where the rocucksian flings a 2048 x 2048 x 2048 block because for one, the speed is nowhere near it and for two, would be calc stacking.

Back