• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

could Naruto uzumaki's travel speed be light speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came up with this idea after watching the kaguya fight. when watching kaguya(who is the strongest characters in the show,in any category, but brains) dodge sasuke's teleportation in an environment with a gravity so strong that it could keep both Naruto and sasuke almost completely immobile, but not being able to dodge naruto running towards her, I thought: "isn't teleportation something allows one to move at light speed, from one place to another? if so, that would give kaguya a reaction time almost equal to light, but since she didn't dodge Naruto, who couldn't teleport, and only run, does that mean that Naruto's max speed is around light speed?".. what do u guys think?

I know what teleportation is. I just wanted to take less time, and make it simpler. its breaks down ur body's molecules and what not, into atoms, so that they don't disintegrate when being moved at the speed of light to another location. and what would be the right board?

There are different types of Teleportations, some teleport people at a set speed (like the one that teleported Tsunade and Ay at Lightspeed) and others like Goku's Instant Transmission (which is instant).

Teleportation isn't set at Lightspeed.

then please, enlighten me, with ur teleportation knowledge, and how-to-move-this-thread-to-content-revision-board knowledge.

Don't worry, I already moved it. Only staff can do it though.

Teleportation is just instant transmission (yes, I realized the name. It's just what best describes it lol)

oh, no, I thought u meant as in me not knowing how it wokrs, but what u meant to ask is just what it is... then can u please give ur thoughts botu it? I don't know if u know the show im talking bout, so MB if u don't.

To address this though, teleportation is going from point A to point B without traversing physical space. If there's an ocean of lava between my house and yours, teleportation avoids the lava altogether.

After the teleportation, the person moves at their normal speed. So Sasuke is only moving at his massively hypersonic speeds (or whatever speed the situation calls for) after the teleportation. Not all teleportation happens at the same speed and/or is instant.

As for what you're suggesting, Kaguya probably could've been more fatigued after being subjugated to gravity for a longer amount of time, plus expending more energy from dodging Sasuke. I don't remember the exact context so yeah.

hmmm I see. basically, what sasuke's teleport does is not actually teleportation. it works around the same way, but instead of moving the target to some place that he is looking at or thinking bout, it lets sasuke swap place with things, instantly. which he did, right next to kaguya, then tried to chidori her in a distance of less than 30 cm away from her blind spot (she wasn't seeing him when/where he teleported/swapped), all this during that extra gravity thing.. aso kaguya, has infinite energy, even though characters have said that this technique or that technique requires a lot of energy, so its not like she was tired. ps, yes the wiki says that sasuke's speed at the time was massively hypersonic, which is obviously under light speed.

@Lorenzo.r.2nd Could you provide a scan where it says Kaguya has Infinite Energy?

not really. I was gonna put one in the op, along with one her dodging sasuke, and one with her getting hit by naruto, and another saying that the place they were in had a much stronger than gravity than earth, and some more, but I don't know how to. ive tried in other thread before as well... heck, I don't even know how to use the 'talk' thingy yet lol

You mean this, where she dodges Sasuke's Chidori?

http://i8.***********.net/naruto/687/naruto-5084163.jpg

She didn't teleport, she changed the Dimension so that the gravity wouldn't hinder her speed and this allowed her to get out of the way.

I was talking bout sasuke teleporting next to her, and she dodged it, but couldn't dodge Naruto running straight to her.

Yes Sasuke teleported next to her but he then moved at his normal speed and tried to hit her but she changed the Dimension to another so the gravity wouldn't hinder her speed, this allowed her to dodge Sasuke's attack. She didn't dodge his Teleportation, she dodged his attack he used after he teleported after his teleportation.

Then Naruto gets mad, dashes at her and cuts her arm off before she could react but this is only because she was running low on chakra.

ik, I already said that in some previous comment. ik how the battle went. but after she changed the dimension for herself, it changed for sasuke as well, making him just as fast. and Naruto actually blitzed her twice, and not just on that one occasion. he did it on the ice dimension.

Yes, it is true that Sasuke should have moved up in speed as well but it is an inconsistency. Naruto blitzing her also makes no sense because then he would have just been smacking her around the whole fight but he wasn't.

its happened twice, not fifty times. it basically means its something that cant be achieved whenever he feels like it.

Howard and Unite My Rice are correct. We do not scale speed from teleportation.

im.... not.. are u guys actually reading what im writing? im saying that she dodged something that teleported to her blindspot, meaning that she had enough speed to turn around, see it, and even get out of its way. im not saying that she dodged teleportation entirely. ik that sasuke's attack wasn't light speed, but his teleportation was, and she couldn't even see where he teleported, but still got out of its way, but couldn't get out of naruto's way, even though he was running straight at her, in two different occasions.

Reacting to teleportation wouldn't give her some quite of speed upgrade like at all.

Edit: just saw the scan, and no his teleportation isn't light speed at all.

yeah, ik. there is a huge diff btw light speed and MHS+. im not saying that she is. im saying Naruto MIGHT BE in short bursts.

No, Naruto isn't light speed from that, Sasuke teleportation isn't even lightspeed it's going from point a to point b without traveling the physical space between them, there is no going at the speed of light.

dude, that's how teleportation works. and how could u even know? its not even stated, or talked bout in manga. u people should do some research. even I did research, for god's sake.

We also did you way of describing teleportation is wrong because it don't have anything to do with lightspeed or else you are gonna say Beerus is not FTL?

That's not how teleportation work, Teleportation is The ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between. So no , it isn't going at light speed.

@anonimoe... what?... @alrf, its works by breaking something (the thing being teleported) into atoms, which are then moved, in the speed of light, to the wanted location. its impossible to not occupy space, since u cant destroy nor create matter. and if u are turned into a vacuum as a means of not occupying space, then u wont exist anymore. that basically makes ur description of it, moot.

So by your logic current Goku is slower then the speed of light because he still uses Instant Transmission?.

Well..

That might be an alternate translation, as it's referred to as a transportation technique in other scans, so yeah. Teleportation in fiction is usually instant.

@griffin I don't know if ur trolling or not. teleportation= instant trans.= light speed= teleportation. get it now? and saying saga goku=speed of light, do I don't know what ur talking. and he uses instant transmission cuz he cant get hit when 'transmitting', since his body is made of something invisible, and unbreakable. its kinda obvious. and its illogical to say that it not taking space, makes it faster, since THERE IS NOTIHNG FASTER THNA LIGHT.

If teleportation was light speed, there would be no Light Speed, FTL, or MFTL characters, as they would all be teleporting. Additionally, trying to apply real life science to fiction is only going to increase your blood pressure.

That said, you should review this page on teleportation , and this thread should be swiftly closed.

Fiction tends to ignore speed of light, heck our speed page has Faster than light and Massively Faster than light ratings so no.

Also please no need to fight over such things, Teleportation doesn't work like that (as we have stated numerous times), it's not breaking yourself into invinsible particles or something along those lines and traveling the space (Now that i remember, isn't this from DBZ dub? which is btw inaccurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back