• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmo Imai vs Baki Hanma

Baki takes this mid-low diff. Cosmo is, at his core, one of the best grapplers in Kengan, but Baki not only has a wide plethora of grapples, holds, and locks himself, he has Aikidoto neg a large majority of takedown attempts and a lifting strength higher than Class 5 compared to Cosmo's Peak Human lifting strength

What's Baki's lifting strength? From what I'm seeing his class 25 key doesn't scale to his 9-A key. And in terms of sheer grappling I'd think Cosmo would that it in that certain skill department.

Edit: Cosmo should certainly have class 5 lifting strength, idk why that isn't there.

The Prince of Counters said:
What's Baki's lifting strength? From what I'm seeing his class 25 key doesn't scale to his 9-A key. And in terms of sheer grappling I'd think Cosmo would that it in that certain skill department.

Edit: Cosmo should certainly have class 5 lifting strength, idk why that isn't there.
This key is the "Unknown, at least higher" key, higher being to the last key, Class 5

Ah I see, well Imai needs his lifting strength updated to class 5. I finished reading Kengan recently and it was a ******* banger, reminds me of an updated Baki but with more fights.

I'll make a comment on this later but someone should totally get Baki vs Ohma going, seems like it would be a very entertaining debate.

The Prince of Counters said:
Ah I see, well Imai needs his lifting strength updated to class 5. I finished reading Kengan recently and it was a ******* banger, reminds me of an updated Baki but with more fights.

I'll make a comment on this later but someone should totally get Baki vs Ohma going, seems like it would be a very entertaining debate.
LMAO Bruh Baki v Ohma legit just inconned after being up for a month or so

Late but I think Cosmo wins via being a better striker and likely as great as Baki in grappling techniques. I don't see how Baki can counter Zone or Cosmo's adrenaline rush boosting his strength (which is already higher than Baki's)

ItalianGuy1234 said:
Late but I think Cosmo wins via being a better striker and likely as great as Baki in grappling techniques. I don't see how Baki can counter Zone or Cosmo's adrenaline rush boosting his strength (which is already higher than Baki's)
This key of Baki has already fought someone physically stronger than him, and he just abused weak spots and holds (see Jack and Mount Toba). Cosmo gets slayed in grappling which, while I think Cosmo is more skilled in, there isn't enough of a difference to overcome Baki's "higher than Class 5" lifting strength. One Rear Naked Snake Choke from Baki will end this.

In Cosmo's defense, he actually has some pretty good abilities that wouldn't make this easy for Baki, even if he would ultimately win, as the general consensus seems to be. Reactive Power Level and Analytical Prediction being at the forefront, but his stat amp and pain resistance may also come in handy.

SheevShezarrine said:
In Cosmo's defense, he actually has some pretty good abilities that wouldn't make this easy for Baki, even if he would ultimately win, as the general consensus seems to be. Reactive Power Level and Analytical Prediction being at the forefront, but his stat amp and pain resistance may also come in handy.
I think personally his Zone is going to give Baki the hardest time, but Cosmo's Zone is only really a free hit here, one hit isn't going to decide this fight. RPL won't be a huge factor here, as he just got better in because of Akoya's torture, something Baki won't do. Analytical Prediction is good, but for the same reasons in his fight against Ohma, it won't necessarily be a deciding factor. Stat amps and pain tolerance are good, but he can't amp his lifting strength beyond Class 5 that I'm aware of and Baki flat-out trounces in pain tolerance with Endorphins, which basically make him a less insane "Crying Man"

ItalianGuy1234 said:
@baki Cosmo regularly takes on fighters stronger than he is like Adam Dudley and Akoya and comes out on top
Adam was a stronger striker, not a grappler. Cosmo's never fought someone that straight up out grappled him until Ohma. Akoya could've beat him easily before his RPL kicked in, but he decided to torture him

NotoriouSoda said:
I like to think that Imai can and will put up a good fight, but more times than not Baki takes its.
Oh for sure, he's not the king of strangle holds for nothing. Sadly, he's never been outright outclassed in grappling to this degree (in strength, not skill of course)

Back