• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Correcting an issue: The Mask vs Haruka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all illusion manip even works like it does in Naruto or whevever genjitsu is from though. That's more akin to mindhax then just making projections of things that aren't there.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
"to make the Mask think he's winning and take his mask off"

Every last cell in my brain just said "what?".

Even when its wearers are finished killing one person, they don't just take off the mask afterwards. In fact, it's actually shown on numerous occasions that the mask influences its wearers to continue wearing the mask the more they kill, getting them addicted to doing increasingly chaotic and violent shit with its powers.

Besides that...why in the **** would the wearer just toss the mask away because he's winning the fight?
Lmaooo

You should use the "link to current time" function of youtube rather than linking a video that is nearly two hours long as if any of us are gonna go through that looking for your specific statement.

"I meant that while the Mask in under the illusion/genjutsu Haruka would take the Mask off" sorta implies some similarity there, as normal illusion manip isn't exactly something you'd consider someone to be "under" as opposed to the mindhax type stuff.

Didn't seem to work for me, but thanks. Nothing there seems to mention anything about illusions, or even the term "genjutsu" though. As is, unless genjutsu is something that directly translates to illusionary whatever, I doubt you can use that as backing for a power without showing it actually in action.

Yeah I don't see how that translates to "these illusions will somehow make Mask just decide to throw the fight".

The mask would probably try to kill what he fears. Also idk why you're assuming random dummies exist, or that she'd even do that in a fight when apparently she's only done it to help people train.

Even though this is a theory, I think the illusion works by having what the users sees based on their mind be reflect to their sight. For example Haruka only knew that Mirai wanted to releive her stress on the bullies whom harrassed her, she didn't exactly know who they were or their appearances, etc. And also as part of the theory if the user has no resistance the only way out of it is to destroy the enemy or for Haruka herself release it.

Worst thread gets corrected FRA

Speculations on an ability she has never even used for offensive purposes aren't an argument

Considering she only offered to do it in that scene, it's a much smaller leap in logic to assume that Mirai can just, you know, tell her what she wants the dummies to look like, seeing as they were standing right next to one another...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back