• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Copy X
The Fallen Angel

Axl
The Third Wheel

2 arrogant characters.

2 bots who are canonically below X and Zero

2 characters without much hax

Profit

Normally this would be a stomp since Axl is badly outhaxxed by X or Zero due to being relatively unhaxxed, so let's give him the mostly unhaxxed version of X for fairness, and see how it goes.

And, as what has become more frequent as of late, I'm giving you a fun little narrative.

Scenario:

Both Zero and Axl sealed themselves, and Ciel can't find Zero, but she does find Axl, who was rumored to fight alongside X and Zero and was in their overall league. In desperation she frees him and begs him to save her and her resistance. Axl agrees to help after seeing Neo Arcadian forces fire on an underaged girl, realizing they are likely oppressed. Axl goes through stage one but this time the game changes. after arriving at the resistance base at the end of stage 1 and being informed of the situation, things take a drastic turn from main canon.

Copy X arrives personally to execute the resistance and Ciel. Copy X at first peacefully asks for Axl to step aside as a New Generation Reploid, but Axl is confounded with what he has done and attemps to take him out. Copy X immediately labels Axl as a Maverick after Axl bravely refuses to allow this fake to slaughter a human teenager and innocent reploids, possibly being ticked off by being called a "poor-quality replication" of the original X.

Wishing nothing but to destroy the Pirate Copy of the original and to save the resistance, Axl fights with everything he has after telling everyone to run. As Copy X attempts to kill the fleeing resistance members, his buster shot is intercepted by Axl's pistol shot and the fight begins from there.

-Speed Equalized

-Fight takes place in the resistance base (no shit) and there are a few sub-tanks around. both are aware of them so use or destruction of the sub tanks means tactical skills will come into play

-Axl has all weapons he's ever used, and this is Base Copy X with X's Ultimate Armor.

-Both are in-character.

Axl is less cocky, more trigger-happy, and more versatile than Copy X. Not to mention the fact that he can turn into Copy X after nailing him with a Copy Shot (oh the irony).

As a result, I'm handing it to him.

Reppuzan said:
Axl is less cocky, more trigger-happy, and more versatile than Copy X. Not to mention the fact that he can turn into Copy X after nailing him with a Copy Shot (oh the irony).
As a result, I'm handing it to him.
True, but he's also via power-scaling considerably weaker than Copy X. Neither's edge is by an uncomparable margin however, which makes things interesting. And wouldn't Copy X be more skilled with his own weapons? Also that was a clever pun XD

Although I personally would side with Copy X (not counting my vote), I actually consider this really close, BTW.

I wanna say Axl. Don't know much about MMX, just Classic, but Axl seems to have the more combat applicable personality.

The real cal howard said:
I wanna say Axl. Don't know much about MMX, just Classic, but Axl seems to have the more combat applicable personality.
Copy X is a violent serial killer who's effectively the Hitler of Mega Man, aside from Weil. I doubt he's going to pull any punches.

And you should really look into MMX or MMZ, it's better than Classic in like, every way possible. better gameplay (simply due to easier controls), better story, better characters, etc.

The real cal howard said:
I played (and beat) the final MMZ, and I tried to get the first MMX on the Wii U but I was low on data.
It's honestly one of the best series' in Mega Man IMO. Copy X appeared in MMZ3 and 1. I'll give you a little jist

-He's killing a lot of Reploids for the sake of humans during an energy crisis, effectively shoving one race aside for another and using an army to purge old gen reploids... basically Hitler TBH

Both have combat applicable personalities.

The question is more if Copy X's superior power is outweighed by Axl's abilities and vice versa.

I believe Copy X can win this due being able to fight off Zero and harm him quite badly. But Axel can simply copy his abilities and be done with it.

So, of Copy X goes straight for the kill he can win this, if he slacks off, Axl is going to copy him and destroy his advantages

Numbersguy said:
I believe Copy X can win this due being able to fight off Zero and harm him quite badly.
This didn't happen though. Immediately after the fight, Zero remarks 'Too weak.', implying the fight was a completely one-sided affair in his favour. In fact, Zero shows no signs of being hurt or changing his mind about X's strength even after beating his Angel form, implying that he must've been magnitudes ahead of him.

Back