• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Converting Joules

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple division would do the job just fine.

For example

1 Foe = 10^44 Joules

x Foe = a joules (let's assume a is a known number and x is the variable)

x*10^44 = 1*a

x = a/10^44

x = a*10^-44

I don't known a calculator since I already known the values, but Gwyn show you the convertion Fore-to-Joule (a Foe = Bethe too), a little more input would be 1 ton = 4.184 Giga Joule. Notes that those are tons of tnt, there's another explosives but aren't usually used.

Just think of it like this.

1 Ton of TNT = 4.184e9 Joules

• Kiloton = 1e3
  • Megaton = 1e6
  • Gigaton = 1e9
  • Teraton = 1e12
  • Petaton = 1e15
and so on.

So, if you found the number of Joules, just divide by 4.184e9 to convert to Tons, and see how many digits are there in your answer.

Ninaton and Tenaton are not official units, which is why theirs no converters for them. Converting them with basic math is quite easy though.

1 Yottaton = 4.184 * 10^33 joules

1000 Yottatons = 1 Ninaton

1000 Ninatons = 1 Tenaton

So just divide the result in Yottatons by 1000 to find the yield in Ninatons.

Well, I have this number right here: 6.066597449188e+40 Joules. I've kept trying to see what power range/tier that would be in. I just do Not know. I have tried Everything. But what I Do know is that it is at least 0.0006066597449188 foe. But I don't know how many tenatons This would be, If this Was in tenatons anyway. So if any of you guys and girls could possibly help me out on this one, Then I would Greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back