• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confusion with Some Mario Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Bowser fought Dimentio as well as and even fought Mario in the same game making the issue non-existent and everything I stated in my last reply as well as his description should be able to scale Dimentio btw Tier 4 to 2.

Wrong, a piece of it is Multi-Continental level and Ganon himself is Planet level and the Emeralds gave his machine the ability to do this in the first place in battle. His machines never achieved this on their own.

You are overlooked the fact that he copied Bowser's DNA, who can tank the supernova and the blast events, and was required the efforts of the Star Spirites to defeat him. There are many high end feats. Like I said, you are simply claiming what's an outlier out of pure point of view.

But Dimentio is still unknown.

A piece of it is planet level. Eggman's weapons did achieve it on their own, the Final Egg blaster was not powered by the emeralds.

This same being that copied his DNA only had country level power. This "supernova" (which you haven't countered the size issue about) is the only feat that puts him at large star. I am uncertain of what you mean by "blast events" or how the Star Spirits support this but a character who is consistently shown as country surviving a "supernova" and being surpassed by a planetary weapon is what makes it an outlier. That is, if the supernova is legit to begin with.

Not with his feats which can be scaled. He should be from tier 4 going by the contents of Dimension D to 2 by everything stated in his profile.

No, that's incorrect. After all, the world disappeares when it's gone and doesn't imply to be superior to Majora. And your argument is a double standard. You argue is that Bowser, despite having an at least Planet level feat in MP9 and a Star level and Universal durability feat in SMG1, can't be scaled to Mario's feat of defeating him because the artifacts he used to achieve greater level of power for his schemes but the Emeralds can be scaled to a machine that isn't powered by it or used against that achieved the feat that's higher than any game prior? That's pure hypocrisy.....

Refer to my previous example......Mario fought characters way beyond that tier and Bowser amped up, so it's not an outlier. Again, all you doing is calling what you see fit. And ask for the supernova legitmancy, if I recall correctly, it takes the energy of a massive star for it to explode and turn into a black hole(which it did) or wornhole right after. http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae253.cfm

His profile wouldn't shouldn't say so otherwise.

The planet level Mario Party feat does not scale to anything else (this was tackled earlier in the thread), and the emeralds are stronger than the Egg Blaster.

Another star/universal durability feat would support it, higher feats do not. That is not how outliers have ever worked. If he faces higher foes he should be scaled to them or they're outliers too.

Not every character who can make black holes is star because of that.

Not a good excuse. An easy read on the page of his profile and the concept of Dimension D is easy to scale from.

The issue is the whether it is a black hole or not, not what it scales to since it's already agreed to be At Least Large Planet Level. No it isn't. The emeralds doesn't have a feat prior to the Egg Blaster that's comparable. It's also wasn't used to power it nor is it used to fight against such power. This is just a mere assumption. Again, this is just a double standard at it's finest.

Yes, it does. We had this discussion before. If a character can handle a feat higher than prior, there's no reason to think they can't handle a lower level feat. Again, you are just calling outliers for prefrence and the double standard just proves it.

Who said anything about scaling black holes from SMG? I'm explaining it having properties of a large star. Only massive stars collaspe and creates a supernova which then leads to the formation of a black hole or worm hole. That's exactly what happened in the ending of SMG. If it weren't, it would have turned into a Red Giant and then a Nebula instead. It's a Star level feat.

http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/images/blackholes_star_sequence.jpg

Out of curiousity, what are the reasoning for characters like Waluigi and Daisy being Unknown?

I can undertsand if they lack enough feats to really judge their strength in spinoffs, just curious.

@Azure....They were scaled from MP3 for fighting characters who can create countries in MP2. But from I'm getting from the manual, it seems more like they built it, rather than create it out of thin air, which obviously doesn't scale to anything. So I removed it......

The black holes can't support your argument since they scale to nothing.

Because Bowser was hurt by the supernova. It makes no sense for higher ends to support this. Under your logic the Chaos Emerald comparison is a null double standard because Super Sonic has higher feats.

Bowser's feats being country, a identically powerful character topping out at country and him considering a planet level weapon impressive is what makes this a blatant outlier.

Sorry but did you even read my comment? I said the issue is whether or not it's black hole, not what it scales to. Azzy believe the feat is At Least Large Planet Level. The issue he has is wether it's an actual black hole.

You are the one making a double standards in the first place because I already pointed that out with Mario having higher feats, with an official description supporting the SMG1 and just recently posted an astronomical fact about how stars function making it a supernova against a shallow counter argument that it doesn't happen as often as the higher tiered feats. None of Super Sonic's higher feats are MSS, now are they? No. Just like Mario, they are usually Tier 2 and this is the only time it occured in the franchise with the Chaos Emeralds having no influence in the Egg Blaster or fighting against it. So how come that franchise gets free rides with the fact we just assume it being MSS for completely unrelated reasons other than assumptions? This is blatant cherry picking at it's finest.

Star to Universal level durability and a Large Planet Level feat, does not make it an outlier.

I will reply to this tomorrow, but I will say now that I do not appreciate the personal insults being thrown my way simply because of a disagreement on how powerful Mario characters are.

Insults are to never be thrown at another user, even if that user is completely in the wrong. And no, I'm not saying that Crop is. This is just a advisory post.

Please don't claim what's never happened. Insults were never made against anyone or thrown by anybody through out this entire thread. I have no idea where you get such an impression....

The overall accusational behavior over a disagreement and the completely unrelated rant on Sonic's stats.

The former isn't offensive or by any means nor was it meant to be. Neither is the latter and it is completely related because no matter how you see it, the situation is pretty identical, yet one is being support over the other for the complete same reasons so I'm not just pointing out clear double standards and contradicting arguments for hostility. If you feel oversensitive about this, sorry but from a logical standpoint, nobody insulted anyone.

The above discussion may be somewhat irritated in tone, but not actually hostile or insulting.

So MSS Super Sonic is illogical because none of his higher feats are MSS, and yet large star level Bowser makes sense despite none of his higher feats are large star...?

Nowhere on this page does it state higher feats support lower ones, and the last time you attempted to accuse a user of cherry picking and double standards it didn't end well.

You continue to miss the point. I'm not saying one should recieve the scale and the other shouldn't, I'm pointing out your double standards because both situations of both franchises are the same with you providing shallow reasons of having support for one of them. You main argument is that despite the higher end feats being more consistent into the point it's common sense that they are capable of lower end feats regardless of the amount of times it happens, official descriptions supporting it, and being astronomically accurate for the most part, the Star level feat is considered an outlier for happening once and that we shouldn't use it. Yet, MSS in the Sonic series happened once as well and despite having nothing to do with the feat, a mere assumption of it's stronger grants the emeralds and the users the scaling and you have absolutely no qualms with it.

Because of this, it's a clear example of cherry picking and I refuse to waste my time on a claim with no justification of the support for one franchise and rejection of the other for having a similar situation with an attempt to attack me with a guilt trip using a thread completely unrelated to this form, even though we simply mistunderstood each other and now have a better understanding of what the problem is and willing to work it out. This off-rail topic is objectively a double standard.

@Ant I'm rather losing my patience because this has been going on for days with me not staying up way longer than usual because of this redundant topic that has no conflict. Azzy's main issue here was whether or not the MP9 was a black hole and it's AP anyway. If you or Azzy still don't believe it's a black hole and wish to remove it, feel free to do so.

@DRB

Well, on top of everything else, I have had a serious cold for the last few days, so I am generally dizzy and tired as well.

Anyway, for the record, I think that you make sense, but it may be best if you insert a better clarification/explanation/justification for Bowser's tier into his profile.

Well, from what I remember of this thread, I think that the black hole explanation needs to be modified first.

@Ant Alright but Azzy is the one who has an issue with the MP9 feat in the first place. I'll wait for a response from him before making any edit, if at all.

That makes absolutely no sense. It's the end of an entire universe, Bowser couldn't escape because he can't. The description clearly stated that Rosalina protected Mario and Peach before meeting Bowser's fate.

Rosalina didn't protect Mario and Peach. They survived it. Rosalina didn't save them.

She did actually. Official sources said that Rosalina shielded them from the blast. Bowser's the only one who survived it.

Fortunately, Rosalina has the power to shield them from the blast that threatens the very fabric of the universe."

Paleomario66, this may be me, but Bowser seems way more durable and attack potent than Mario. Now we do see Mario defeating Bowser, but how? When it's not 3 hit into the head and Bowser falls in lava ( and survives for the next castle with apparently no damage (? ) ), Mario has to juke him and take him out by other means.

And the feats just all point to this. I personally say Mario only ever beats Bowser due to his speed. That is almost proven by Mario & Luigi: A Bowser Inside Story where Mario needs to dodge Bowser and can't take him head on like other enemies in the beginning, instead having to use his speed to win.

So no, Mario doesn't scale to Bowser. Even if you say that my statements are BS, Bowser is demonstrated several times to be tankier than Mario. I could make a list, in fact, here, have some:

- Constantly survives Mario's attacks, falling in Lava, tanks an attack Mario had to be shielded from, is tankier and does the physical work in Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the 7 Stars, , tanks a fall into a artificial sun and the supernova of said sun, doesn't take any damage of Mario's attacks and is only defeated by Mario attacking the Chomp Chomp in Super Mario RPG.

@Anderson The fact that someone is fast doesn't automatically make him a winner if he has no attack pottecy. Bowser isn't so far below Mario at speed, and for Mario to defeat Bowser he should be at a minimum level close to his.

@Red Crimsoner Please avoid long quotes. Use the "@" sign instead. You should especially avoid mixing up quotes with your own text.

@Red

That's incredibly incorrect. It's not only real but official and was made on the same year the game was released and it was contributed by the people who made the game, even series' creator, Miyamoto. Rosalina did indeed save Mario and Peach. There's nothing to fabricate otherwise....

Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back