• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confusion with Some Mario Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkmon cns said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
There was no interview that claim that. Provide the link.
there was but I don't have a link
why are you so hostile?
I'm not being hostile, I'm simply providing an official description explaining what happened. And sorry but if you can't provide a link, then the claim can't be accepted. I seen interviews for the game and they never discussed about what happened in the climax or claimed Rosalina protected Bowser. If there's one I missed, by all means, show me because I won't bother otherwise.

I always thought the supernova feat was unreliable. The "varies" tier is also a confusing mess for powerscaling with other characters.

The varies tier is hardly confusing. There are characters who clearly aren't as strong or capable as others. As such, we scale them from the low end feat.

It makes scaling anyone who is as capable to Mario difficult. We also don't do this for any other inconsistent character, which makes this case an oddity.

I think that we do this for a few extremely inconsistent characters, and do not mind that it is used here, in order to avoid power-scaling most Mario characters to the title character's peak.

It's nowhere as difficult as you are trying to make it. The varies rating was even made due to how unlikely the other characters scale to his higher end feats.....and unless you are trying to say we should scrap it all together and stick with a single rating which would lead into making someone like Toad being around Tier 5, which is highly unlikely and unbelivable, the rating system stays.

The Mario pages are the only ones I've seen this done for. When it comes to anyone else (i.e. the entirety of the Marvel/DC pages which are far worse than Mario) they're rated based on their most consistent/reasonable feats while ignoring obvious outliers.

@Dino this entire variable tier rating is based on the logic of Mario's level jumping between games. If this goes on we'll scale a lot of characters to large star despite having never even been in SMG. This isn't to mention how the "large star level" feat we're scaling everyone to is looking very dubious about now.

The feat itself is inconsistent, if Bowser gets this feat than it would obviously scale to Mario, since he defeated Bowser. But Mario needed protection from Rosalina to survive that Black Hole, so it wouldn't scale to Mario.

Again, no. The varies rating was even made due to how unlikely the other characters scale to his higher end feats. It has nothing to do with the difference in power as were more than one instances where Mario encounter a high tiered character. In an ironic sense, trying to scrap it all together would lead to the very problem you claim that the current system doesn't never had in the first place. For instance, if we decided to stick with the only Bowser's Grand Star feat with no low end, this would lead into a Galaxy level Toad, which is way worse. The varies system stays. End of discussion.

That makes no sense. Mario being protected by Rosalina from a black hole has absolutely nothing to due with Bowser surviving the destruction.

Dino Ranger Black said:
That makes no sense. Mario being protected by Rosalina from a black hole has absolutely nothing to due with Bowser surviving the destruction.
Mario got protected from the very thing Bowser survived, yet Mario defeated Bowser meaning he should also as well be able to survive. if Mario was able to survive on his own then why did Rosalina feel the need to protect him?

The Mario pages vary due to being inconsistent. Moth of what you linked varies because of different specimens possesing different levels of power.

@FTW

Then you you powerscaled incorrectly. The rating came from the fact he defeated Bowser for surviving such. It was never stated he, himself, did or could.

@Cropfist

Exactly my point. The low end is needed for powerscaling.

Cropfist said:
The Mario pages vary due to being inconsistent. Moth of what you linked varies because of different specimens possesing different levels of power.
Marvel and DC are more incosistent than Mario and don't have variable tiers. This is my point.

@Dino and what about the high-end feat that we're scaling everyone relevant to despite the feat being unreliable?

The was nothing unreliable able the feat. The official description in the link already confirmed what happened. There's no speculation, Bowser did indeed survived it. At this point, you are just making problems that never existed.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Alright. Why are we rating it as High 4-C, though? The exploding reactor is far smaller than a regular star, and in events afterwards, the universe is reset, so why would we treat Bowser as surviving without harm in the first place?

Can't we assume Bowser survived the Black Hole due the Universe reset? Assume the universe was reset right in time for him to still be alive.

First of all, Bowser isn't scaled from black holes. No one is. They are unquantifiable in terms of durability feats. He's scaled from the explosion caused from star which caused the destruction in the first place and the blast power enough to destory the fabric of the universe.

Second, no. The description clearly states that he survived it. ....He slowly sinks into the lava, cursing Mario as the reactor explodes.

Mario and Peach managed to escape Bowser's fate but the force of the reactor is too strong.

This scene actually did happen in the game's cutscene.

Bowser tried to bend the force into his will, and in the end, he paid the price.

Even Bowser was there, shaken up by his narrow escape from a horrible fate.

Clearly stating that Bowser survived the destruction he caused but narrowly.

Cropfist said:
Escaping =/= surviving.
And what states otherwise? Infact, how does this state otherwise? Bowser has no other means to escape from harm or protect himself from this unless Rosalina shielded him, which she didn't. The official description literally stated that Bowser was left in the catastrophe.

I think that Dino Ranger Black makes sense.

It still stated he escaped. Azathoth also pointed out the explosion was tiny, which is noticable when you see Peach's castle is visible next to the black hole of comparable size.

Regardless of whether or not the the supernova's legit, the fact that Bowser is regularly beaten by a guy who outright exerted himself to perform a country level feat even with help, Dark Bowser destroying the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser transforming it being a big deal, Bowser needing the Star Rod to reach planet level and Culex being debunked, it's starting to look more and more like an outlier.

The thread won't be closed until it is resolved.

First of all, when they say escaped, they obviously are referring to him surviving. It's common sense to know that Bowser can't escape a destruction of the entire universe since there's no where for him to retreat and the description stated this he was left behind in the explosion while Mario and Peach where protected by Rosalina.

Second, the Mario never extered himself to perform a country level feat. Mario Party 2 was a poor example. I looked at the manual it stated that the characters built the lands, not created it hence why I removed Daisy and Waluigi's tier. All you are doing is claiming what's an outlier and what isn't out of pure view when there is none, especially when Mario tanked a powerful blow from Count Bleack, fought Culex (We haven't concluded this) and Dimentio, and recently defeats Bowser even when amped by artifacts such as Royal Crowns, Grand Star, and Dreamstone, with no amped power of his own.

It's still clearly leaning towards Culex not being universal+ to beigin with and he was amped when he fought Dimentio, so it's a poor example. Mario cannot be scaled to amped Bowser because this would scale to base Bowser, which would make him as strong as his amped forms, which would make no sense.

The issues of the supernova's size, the more consistent country level feats being major deals and Bowser needing a weapon to reach planet level have still not been adressed.

Never mind. I wrote that before reading your reply.

No. I already explained why it's not the case and proposed a comprimise but this isn't the thread for it and I said Dimentio, not Super Dimentio, who showns to be more powerful than he let's on, creating his own dimensions,the Dark Prognotucus, and being from an ancient tribe who can create world, so the example stands. And of course Bowser isn't scaled to the items he used to achieve this in the first place. But Mario, who been dealing with his amp form recently does since not only it's been happening frequently, like it or not, but he also fights threats far greater than him. Bowser only scales from the SMG1 feat, which isn't even a gap from the higher tiers to begin with considering he survived the blast that destroyed the fabric of the universe right after.

Those were never issues to begin with. When it comes to recurring villians, they have a tendecy to need certian artifacts or not to achieve their goal depending on the plot, such as Ganondorf who is even Large Planet without the Triforce and Eggman building machines to match even Super Sonic without the emeralds such as the first two advance games. With these, of course there will be conflict of wether they really can or can't achieve such feats without such and Bowser is no different but Bowser's infamous for his durability and power, defeating a much more powerful dark counterpart to solidfy this, only to be beaten by the bros right after which proves scaling Mario to him is valid. Again, all you are doing is calling feats outlier however you see fit. These higher tier feats have been more frequent into the point where it's clearly not.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding your post, but I'll try. Dimentio is unknown level and if it scales to Mario it would have to scale to base Bowser who regularly matches him, which leads us back to the same issue.

Ganondorf isn't large planet without the Triforce. He's planet with a piece of it, which makes sense. The Emeralds are MSS from scaling to Eggman's tech to begin with so it makes sense too. The same cannot be said about Bowser.

This said much more powerful dark counterpart only posessed country level power. I am calling feats outliers when they are contradicted by everything else, and there are not as many "high-ends" as you are claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back