• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Concerning the Mafuba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless im getting something mixed up here, as its been a while since I read/watched the DragonBall saga, doesnt the Mafuba not only kill its user after its been used, but it also requires a container or some kind of item to seal the victim in, as well as only working on demons ,???

IF so, then I dont see the point in listing it on Goku's profile. Despite learning the technique he never carries around a large random container or an item that's sealable for the victim, at least in character. Furthermore, with how the sealing process goes it becomes useless for Goku to use it in a fight as when he tries to seal someone he'll be completely open to an attack and possibly beaten as I highly doubt his opponents will just stand there and let him charge up the technique (especially ones with hax such as Precog and whatnot who can easily see it a mile away and do so much to prevent the technique, making it a waste). In additon to this, if it kills the user then it makes it even more pointless to have in battles as it will just eliminate Goku the moment he uses the move. Finally, if the technique ca only work on Demons (more specifically evil ones to be the more likely topic), then how is it useful towards other beings Goku faces that wouldnt be classified as such?

As far as I can see, unless a sort of prep is given to him somehow, I just don't see how the Mafuba can help him when it has more going against Goku more than it does going for him. It would just make the technique useless to have in a vs battle. Can someone please give me feedback when possible as I would like some answers for this, thank you.

Goku manages to seal Turtle inside of a container and lives, so the first and third points are moot (Only working on demons and killing the user).

Well if not Demons then what about "type of magic beings"? Turtle certainely isnt a demon but its clearly a magic being in a way considering he, out of all animals even in the DB verse, can talk and is nigh immortal.

Also, wasnt Goku just using that for practice? What if it was in an actual fight?

Also, it doesn't matter how impractical the technique is, the fact is he can use it, and we're not removing it from his profile just because of the fact that it can't be used in most fights.

Okay then it should be noted on his profile that the Mafuba isnt useful in fights because of the fact it needs prep, Goku not carrying around any kind of sealable container for the technique (at least in character) and the fact that his opponents are not going to just sit there and let Goku charge up the technqiue, especially ones with hax such as Precog who could see it from a mile away and just attack Goku to stop it.

TBH,the only for Goku to use it is if they fight started with him having a container on him. Also, it's highly possible that Goku would only use this as a last resort in character. Now, there could be the argument that he can modify the technique to work how he wants, but that's doubtful.

We don't have to question every power Goku gets. Goku's file is fine as is. As Ever said the note has already been noted. If the question is answered I can close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back