• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

conceptual manipulation potency

If you have an attack which is stated to attack on a conceptual level and it has 0 feats, do you just assume it can kill a human with no resistance to conceptual manipulation because you would bypass durability

well, considering most hax bypass conventional durability by default, yeah, it will kill the guy with no resistance, unless the poor guy has higher tier HDE and is higher tier of course

well, considering most hax bypass conventional durability by default, yeah, it will kill the guy with no resistance, unless the poor guy has higher tier HDE and is higher tier of course
why? we don't know what the conceptual manipulation can do

Also if you really wanna get into the nitty gritty details, Conceptual Manip attacks are supposed to attack abstract-related ideas that are far more fundamental to your existence like your soul, or how many of you exist throughout time, or the ideas that make you up.

As Bale Batman once said, "As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored. I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting."

That's what ideas are. Abstract. Indestructible via conventional methods. And Concept Manip targets those ideas directly as the name automatically suggests. It does not need to show any other feats.

why? we don't know what the conceptual manipulation can do
It is called a conceptual attack, so what do we do in this situation aside from assuming it will attack at conceptual, abstract level??. I understand that you hesitate because it have no feat at all, but in the end we still need to default to something based on limited information, you can't really expect anything work perfectly, especially when it come to power scaling

It is called a conceptual attack, so what do we do in this situation aside from assuming it will attack at conceptual, abstract level??. I understand that you hesitate because it have no feat at all, but in the end we still need to default to something based on limited information, you can't really expect anything work perfectly, especially when it come to power scaling
I agree that it would negate durability, but how would we know if the conceptual attack kills someone? If someone uses a hammer that attacks on a conceptual level and hits a human, what would happen to the human? Would he be erased from existence because you're attacking on a very fundamental level?

I agree that it would negate durability, but how would we know if the conceptual attack kills someone? If someone uses a hammer that attacks on a conceptual level and hits a human, what would happen to the human? Would he be erased from existence because you're attacking on a very fundamental level?
Well, then we assume the poor guy get killed normally like any dura neg attacks, he die, normally, like someone die when they lost their soul, that the lowest assumption

Then 2 scenarios play out.

1. The dude dies because the concepts responsible for keeping him alive are getting nuked.

2. The dude suffers a fate worse than death and is erased because the concepts responsible for what makes the dude a dude also get badly damaged to the point where he never existed to begin with.

Back