• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Shark VS. Composite Tree.

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Great-White-Shark-psd82957
Tree

A fish against a tree, lovely.

Being a fight where an animal has no self awareness is against an inanimate lifeform, of course, there's no proper prep time.

The arena is quite specific, the tree is stationary near shore,at a close distance in where the shark has the advantage to attack it.

Jaws fish thing - 0

Hippie hugging wood pole - 6

Inconclusive - 1

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I doubt that this matchup is going to be different than the Dinosaur.
Well it's for the fun of it, my dude. The composite tree seems to be getting a lot of love lately!

Tree via land advantage. The Shark would have to stay above water long enough to get to the tree and destroy it, which is gonna take to long causing the shark to suffocate.

Inconclusive maybe? I'm not sure, if Shark leaves the water to attack the tree, it dies, but I don't know if tree can attack something that is underwater. Maybe tree could outlive him?

I should give off a proper arena to make things fair, I forgot to do so. I had the idea it where the tree is on shore, near water for the Shark to attack it at a close distance within the water.

The Shark would have to constantly move while trying to destroy the Tree, which I assume is pretty hard to do, so my vote stays the same.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sap would most likely contaminate the water at least a bit. Even then, outlive'd.
Well if the tree were right in the water, it would die eventually. Plants can not grow in saltwater, a shark's proper environment, the tree's roots would simply die and moist up. The same case goes for the Shark if vise versa, (Excluding a bull shark, but this thread is for shark abilities in general.) A shark can't live in fresh water, a habitat where plants could survive.

I do digress though.

Tree wins because of durability, longevity and sap. Also, If the shark happened to eat its fruit, it would be in for a nasty surprise.

Grass beats water, so Tree wins. ovo

But yeah, pretty much agree with FDrybob in this. Even if we could manage to put both in the same arena by effing a little bit with the laws of nature, the shark still can't put down the tree, while he would be bombarded with poison.

This is pretty much a stomp match. This is why we need size as a category for profiles. People don't realize that the composite tree is gigantic. Also, without it being specified otherwise, it has tens of thousands of these huge trunks due to being a clonal colony.

FDrybob said:
This is pretty much a stomp match. This is why we need size as a category for profiles. People don't realize that the composite tree is gigantic. Also, without it being specified otherwise, it has tens of thousands of these huge trunks due to being a clonal colony.
How big is the composite tree?

Back