• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Link (3-A) vs Dante (3-A)

I'm not arguing against Dante btw. Given I owe everything to Paradox and Kep I would be remiss to do that. But I still have to justify Link's rating.

Restricted Majora (while effing around) = baseline

Majora's Mask (boss) > Restricted Majora

Majora's Incarnation > Majora's Mask (boss)

Majora's Wrath > Majora's Incarnation

Fierce Deity Link >>> Majora's Wrath

Triforce >>>>> Fierce Deity Link

Couple that win Link's buffs via items, passive and otherwise, and the gap is nonexistent.

Just copy paste this:

DMC 5 Dante at the end=Vergil>>>>>>Urizen Pos-Fruit>>>>>>>>>>Urizen Pre-Fruit>>>>>>>>>DMC 5 Dante at start=>DMC 4 Dante>>>DMC 2 Dante>>>>Void Mundus>>>Mundus=Argosax, Despair Embodied>>>Argosax the Chaos=feat way above baseline 3-A

Credit goes to DMUA on Sora vs Dante

Dante gets even higher thanks to the hearts and the DT/SDT.

Link will never close the gap.

you forgot how Link, even without the Triforce, defeated Ganon using the full thing, and the FP Triforce adds into his power

None of the gaps of what was linked before compares to the difference between the Triforce and anything else in the verse. The Triforce to anything else in the series is like comparing Mewtwo to a Charmander.

Cal, I don't think that scaling closes the gap.Dante himself even has buffs and boost that aren't taken into account when involving his scaling

Yeah, link doesn't closes the gap and gets one shoted till dante gets bored/tired and seals.

Dante for this reason if this doesn't get closed.

The real cal howard said:
None of the gaps of what was linked before compares to the difference between the Triforce and anything else in the verse. The Triforce to anything else in the series is like comparing Mewtwo to a Charmander.

I mean Urizen casually ******** on Dante is a pretty big gap, same with Dante DMC2 vs The Despaired Embodied, Novel Dante vs Void Mundus, Sparda vs the Demon World and Dante DMC5 vs Urizen 2 and 3

This: Universe level (Its mere existence sustains the Sacred Realm, and turned it into the Dark World which at the very least is large enough to have a radius of an Earth-to-Sun distance. Is by far the most powerful thing in the series, putting it well beyond Majora and the Fierce Deity)

Doesn't imply it being soo high to the point it even closes the gap between these two, heck, the difference between DMC2 Dante and Argosax, the chaos is even bigger.

So then how much more powerful is the Triforce than FD Link? The scaling chain you showed before does support the fact that the Triforce is stronger than anything else in the verse, but it still isn't enough to equalize ap between Link and Dante.

Huesito88 said:
Last I checked the greater than signs were a little exaggerated for Dante in the scaling chain.
Just take out like one or two of these << from the Void Mundus to normal Mundus and everything is okay.

The difference in the DMC5 keys is ok like that (taking into account the month of being powered up by the three/roots)

Oh yeah, Paradox loses no matter what here. Also, the guy is a legend, he brings DMC and Zelda at 3-A in a matter of months, mad respect for him.

ZephyrosOmega said:
you really didn't but w/e, link has his own ways to amp speed and AP
Your free to prove the gap doesn't exist and we've already established that Dante has many amps as well that isn't included in his already huge scaling.

Okay, let me stress Link's AP again.

Majora, the person who 3-A comes from, performs a 3-A feat while restricted.

Majora then unrestricts himself and is superior to the point that Majora does another 3-A feat solely for the purpose of skipping around.

Majora then is fightable and is superior again to that previous state.

Majora's Incarnation is next, who's powerful enough that literally his moonwalks are as powerful as the previous state.

Next is Majora's Wrath. Majora buffed itself again considerably and is completely bloodlusted at this point.

Fierce Deity Link stomps Majora.

The Triforce is so superior to both of them that its mere presence is superior to everything in Hyrule. Not its true power, it's presence. A shown in ALBW and BotW, both masks are present in Hyrule.

The Triforce is even more powerful when being used by someone else.

The Golden Master Sword Lv3 is equal to True Force Ganondorf.

Link at his peak is empowered by both the GMSL3 and the True Force, as well as the ability to put on the FD Mask.

And in terms of speed, Dante doesn't blitz with unequalized. Link's innately faster and scales more above his Rel feat than Dante does his Rel feat and also has his fair share of speed buffs (Bunny Hood, Pegasus Boots, Pegasus Seeds, [insert potion here], etc.) to counter DT.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Honestly, I feel that "<" or ">" tend to be exaggerated for most scaling chains and are overall pretty arbitrary.
True but it's the simplest way to get a point across, details can come if asked or needed and a lot of details would need to be explained when it comes to Dante's scaling and I think it's the same with Link

Not really. One or two signs is really all that's needed, at most three.

Having, Fire Boi <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Snake Girl <<<<<<<<Water Gator <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Dragon King <<<<< Super Dragon King

This is excessive and really doesn't really tell us anything and in fact can lead to misconceptions.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Honestly, I feel that "<" or ">" tend to be exaggerated for most scaling chains and are overall pretty arbitrary.
There's no legitimate < or > power scaling system established, so people have there own ways of expressing stomps and feats via presences alone using those signs.

Back