• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human vs Composite Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 3 years he can even clone himself and leave the clone guarded so it wont get infected.

And once the first body gets infected, destroy it in a way there wont be any virus copy left. Effectively winning the match.

OP says the virus is released inside the human.

Doesn't matter what happens to the clone. Plus a clone doesn't equal the original, it just is another being with the same genetical makeup. Like what?

...A clone is not, the original. Despite being genetically the same, It's still another human being and can very much have a personality, values and stuff of its own. It's not an extension of the original. Why do you think human cloning is prohibited and raises ethical questions worldwide?

Also you're overestimating cloning technology a lot if you think in 3 years someone can make a perfect, 100% clone of an adult human being, aged to the point where it serves as a duplicate extension of the original with some shared mind or something.

Are you trolling right now or what? Like on those 3 years CH somehow must create entirely new technology to clone himself and then grow that clone from a single bloodly sperm to fully grow adult?

You are overrestricting what CH can do and his win conditions. And no, Im not saying he will create a perfect clone. A baby-stage clone is enough for this to outlive the virus.

Also, bringing an alternative self from another timeline is legit in vs matches, why a clone is not valid?

No. You're legit bringing non-existent and theoretical technology into play.

At this point I could say CH transfers their conscience to the whole humanity via some Hive Mind technology it invented in the meantime and it wouldn't be that different from the out of nowhere stuff you're trying to use as an argument.

PaChi2 said:
You are overrestricting what CH can do and his win conditions. And no, Im not saying he will create a perfect clone. A baby-stage clone is enough for this to outlive the virus.
For the last forsaken time, Clone does not equal the original.

Clone. Does not equal. The original.

It's no extension of the first without a life or will of its own.

It's another being entirely, but with the same genetical makeup.

No. 0 non-existent theorical technology. CH clones itself. Not perfect clone, not adult clone. Baby imperfect-clone. enough.

As I said, bringint alternatives selves is valid. Clones are too.

I know that Clone does not equal original.

But if other characters can have the "revives from another timeline", that "other timeline" is not the original, shoudlnt count, but we use it. Clones too should be allowed, then.

@Jim Thank you so much.

• holding the spear and by sheer force of despair (no, not will. Pure despair), I manage to last long enough holding it to actually pierce my own heart, being erased from existence*
Last words: "It was but a shell of a body, already dead on the inside."
I have lost the will to debate and also the will to live.

You dont need to be rude, tho.

He was implying that I was making up things CH can do.

No way the human wins this, factoring in the human is suffering the symptoms of the virus while trying to cure it. The fastest acting viruses kill in hours not days. And the fact they have no human trials/cases making this nigh impossible

PaChi2 said:
You dont need to be rude, tho.
He was implying that I was making up things CH can do.
Sorry, that's my stock response when people misuse sarcasm.

And you did make up stuff. You literally said CH can develop non-existent technology such as suspended animation devices in 3 years. You're also saying out of nowhere that clones equal the original which they do not at all. Or are these two the same character, for example? Or that clone Horus was the same Chaos Empowered Warmaster that the Emperor faced?

Alternate selves are still ultimately the same being.

Clones, both by fiction and real life standards, are not.

Might as well point out, that CH can effectively prepare the medicine only during the last 2 weeks or so. There is a reason if viruses are as dangerous as they are. And said reason is how ungodly fast they are while mutating

The suspended animation part was a joke. No need to get worked up about it.

About the clone part, I guess its a matter of perspective, because 2 alternative selves the only thing they have in common is the DNA, the rest can be totally different and by no means differ from a clone.

But if its not allowed. Then yeah, I dont have anything to argue about it.

No. Clones aren't extensions of the original. Period.

Saying otherwise is like saying 2 + 2 = 4 is a matter of perspective.

"Laboratory is 5 meters by five meters"

Composite human finds it incredibly difficult to synthesize vaccines and cures for composite virus in a 2 dimensional laboratory therefore virus stomps. (Virus probably mutates faster than the human can catch up (i don't know, i don't have a degree in biology))

Oh, please, I perfectly know Clones =/= original. But this is a fictional debate. If you want to be like that, okay.

Kaltias said:
Composite Human studies the virus for like 2 years and a half, realizes how useless its efforts are, and spends the remaining half of the year preparing something that will kill both him and the virus. Inconclusive
/\ For the record, my vote still agrees with this.

Composite Virus evolves ''Total Organ Failure'' and stomps this poser imposter of the real composite human.

Saying inconclusive due to CH being a hero and immolating himself and the rest of the lab to stop the virus

Same here. The human will probably realize how flat-out impossible his/her chances are, then proceed to devise a plan that ends in him/her, the virus, the lab and several square miles of land surrounding the lab being obliterated at once. Inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back