• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Godzilla Upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot use what seems like very non-serious casual writer replies as a basis for upgrading a character, especially not to extreme degrees.

If he has fought and defeated God Mountain in the story itself, I suppose that scaling his divine form might be acceptable though.

Antvasima said:
We cannot use what seems like very non-serious casual writer replies as a basis for upgrading a character, especially not to extreme degrees.
They're serious acording to what was seen in the film.

As we said we are not taking into acount the last one, but the other ones are practically giving a good based answer.

Also Godzilla killed The Hell God as Demon Form.

The problem for long-running series with multiple authors is that unlike series written by 1 person who has everything about the story and powers of their characters in mind, multiple authors of long runners are not strictly restricted in writing their stories.

An obvious example from Marvel comics: Odin had multiple Multi-Galaxy level feats from the pre-1990s comics, but the writer of the 2011 event Fear Itself stated in his story Odin is only Planet level. See the problem here? We can't simply disregard multiple old feats for the sake of 1 statement of 1 author of 1 event. Asking 1 single question to multiple authors who do not provide definitive answers does not work either

Yes, we do not tend to accept brief hasty Internet replies as proof, at best as supplementary evidence to back up what has been shown in-story.

(Btw, Byakushiki, it wasn't Matt Fraction's Fear Itself version of Odin that was stated to be planet level, it was the Dan Jurgens late 1990s version.)

Oh... my mistake. 'Cause Odin needed a whole army to raze Midgard to get rid of Cul's source of power, I thought it was Jurgens who stated Planet level Odin that wrote the story. My bad

No problem. Matt Fraction did not seem to portray Odin as anywhere near Tom DeFalco's level either.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
The problem for long-running series with multiple authors is that unlike series written by 1 person who has everything about the story and powers of their characters in mind, multiple authors of long runners are not strictly restricted in writing their stories.
Hi thanks for participate here.

I thought tbh that replies from the writers would help us even more, But yes you have a point since those are writers from different continuities of the IDW Godzilla multiverse.

That is why I asked to one to explain better the origin of Space Godzilla and it makes sense acording to the number he wrote before.

Writer Explanation.

Acording him He just said the number of supernovae Space-Godzilla feed, but is not necesary the amount of power he possess.

The original explaination has been controversial.

Safe to say the Hell verse is Heisei era continuity based. Hypothetically fits Burning Godzilla's previoiusly considered hyperbole Hypernova level explosion statement. The writer quotes the movie canon word for word and actually adds enough specifics to warrant a Solar System upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0hXZoHddk

@God-King Superman77

I don't know. If Divine Godzilla beat a legitimate 3-A character, I suppose so.

Antvasima said:
@God-King Superman77
I don't know. If Divine Godzilla beat a legitimate 3-A character, I suppose so.
As legitimate proofs, after Godzilla killed both God and Devil:

1. he was praised by the Angels and Demons .

2. Cristo Redentor as an image of the power of god in the comic, was turned into nothing.

In onther side the second quote by the writer warrant the Solar System Upgrade since it fits with the Heisei Era continuity:

Writer Explanation.

@God-King Superman77 I agree.

That reply seems suspicious. Are God Mountain and the god he refers to intended to be identical?

Also, I find it unreliable to scale entirely from a Twitter comment.

I would prefer more input first.

To be fair, God Mountain is pretty much supposed to be..God, in the comics, though i dont know if there is any indication that he created the universe, he might have just created Earth

Okay. We should probably give the character unknown statistics then.

Okay. I have performed the edits in any case.

The platform should not have any bearing on a clear-cut direct actual author statement that clarifies a character's feat. There was no reason to downgrade God Mountain.

Yeah, I agree with Crop. The issue with other Twitter-based upgrades we had in the past was it was vague or inconsistent, but this is pretty clear cut and consistent from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back