• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Complete Arceus vs Pacifist Frisk

I will say that I highly doubt Arceus could get rid of DETERMINATION. It's regarded here as the biggest lolnope in fiction, even including GER and All Fiction

@Cal

Whoops, thanks for the correction.

Nevertheless, it still worked against an "At least 2-A" being who is much, much stronger than Arceus.

@Genji

Once again, Frisk continued to survive despite being literally rendered powerless and incapable of action. Not sure if Power Nullification is working on it.

Not trying to throw out misguided accusations here but I think genji might be attempting an Argumentum ad nauseum. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't want to get someone in trouble for something they didn't do.

@The Wright

I'm essentially (albeit unintentionally) guilty of the same (thanks again to cal for correcting me), so no, you're not doing anything wrong.

@Genji

To quote Asriel's profile:

A technique which automatically occurs upon Asriel using his true power. His opponent becomes unable to move, attack, use items, or do anything except struggle, losing all power and ability to fight back as Asriel tears them apart without any chance of resistance.
It's not just being unable to move, it's being unable to do anything to fight back at all. It's even mentioned that Frisk couldn't access the Save File anymore, meaning that he revived himself through pure Determination despite being rendered powerless.

The Wright Way said:
Not trying to throw out misguided accusations here but I think genji might be attempting an Argumentum ad nauseum. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't want to get someone in trouble for something they didn't do.
EXPOSED

But in all seriousness, repetitively means unnecessary. I'm arguing who wins, so how is that unnecessary?

It would only be unnecessary if you weren't adding anything new to the argument after you have been corrected. Sorry.

So I still see no way for Arceus to get past Chara's determintion. Determination in Undertale isn't just the concept of willpower, it's a physical substance that gives those imbued with it reality warping abilities - mostly the power to return to a previous point in time, but Max DT Frisk has flat-out immotality. The ABSOLUTE GOD OF HYPER DEATH, a being with superior power to Arceus couldn't get past it. I'm not actually sure who Assultwaffle is supporting with his example of getting through a brick wall, but it seems to be supporting Frisk - if Asriel could just 'walk around the wall' (ie erase DETERMINATION), then he wouln't have been trying to make Frisk give up by "killing you 1,000,000 times"

Max DT Frisk has regen. Not immortality. Also doesn't give reality warping unless you're Asriel.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm wrong about the last thing.

I said immortality because what else would you call a power that lets you say nope to death? Seems closer to immortality than regen to me. And while Frisk doesn't ever use reality warping like Mad Jim Jaspers or something, that's pretty much what Frisk is doing when they LOAD, they're controlling reality to return them to a previous point in life, even if functionally it's just time control. I don't mean to give Frisk more power than he has, I'm just saying warping reality is pretty much how DT functions, even if the effects people use it to achieve are closer to other powers

Every power (and I do mean every power (except stuff like Martial Arts)) is a function of reality warping, so you're not entirely wrong. This is clearly time manipulation though. Regardless, they have reality warping under their profiles, and already admitted that I was wrong.

Also.

I said immortality because what else would you call a power that lets you say nope to death?

Good Regenerationn. Or resistance to death manipulation, but likely the former.

Ok I concede. Frisk has no feats showing immortality, though I still feel a max DT Frisk would be - He's DETERMINED TO NOT DIE!! :D. However, Arceus is still not going to be able to kill him, or alter DT in some way that allows him to be killed.

I agree. Arceus would never be able to kill Frisk. It's just that the same is applicable in reverse. Which was what got me to inconclusive. Only thing is, only one of them ages.

Which is when I asked why Frisk's refusal to die would not apply to death by old age. If he's determined enough to beat Arceus, then why doesn't his dream of staying alive long enough to do it come true through the power of determination?

Because no one else with DETERMINATION has, sans Flowey. Frisk isn't going to want to fight Arceus for a whole hour given his nature. Let alone hundreds of years. He's gonna lose DETERMINATION, and age and die, while Arceus sleeps this fight off.

I am not going to vote for anyone cos 1-i am not that very familiar with pokeverse in the first place(i just like arceus threads) 2-i am totally unfamiliar with undertale verse.As for the battle,in every arceus vs frisk/chara thread,this thing gets brought out often,can't simply arceus delete determination? i'd say yes,it's not a straight out power override but rather a hax,much like saint of killers's bullet,it doesn't need to stronger than the power that it's opposing to harm/destroy it,that's it's intrinsic hax,it just does it.And By virtue of being able to create pure concepts arceus can also destroy pure concepts,(atleast according to the wiki rules creation=destruction),a concept is a metaphysical existence,and hence does not possess a tier of itself,it's just an idea,it depends on how much power you can "draw" from that idea,while the idea itself possess no power of it's own,a concept erasure or creation requires no "power",it's just a being simply "implanting" or "erasing" an idea,it's not a quantifiable feat,hence,arceus should be able to delete any concepts that are used by his opponents,till they start having more dimensions than him,since then their concepts can't be comprehended by arceus,let alone destroyed.

"In character but willing to kill". Seems pretty out of character for Frisk, just saying.

If Frisk was bloodlusted, then he wins. DT says nope to Arceus hax, Frisk is so determined to win he refuses to die even to old age, and an attack that can damage God Flowey is going to get through Arceus's plates, even if it only does minor damage, meaning Frisk goes for the death of a thousand cuts option.

Cal's said that a Frisk in the current conditions would not be determined enough to not die from old age, which makes no sense to me. There is nothing in Undertale that has even come close to making Frisk give up, and I don't see a little thing like a long battle making him give up either.

I have stated that Frisk is able to refuse death by old age. My evidence is that he refuses to die to Asriel's attacks. Cal has stated that he would not be able to refuse death by old age. His evidence is that no other character in Undertale has except Flowey. Who has less determination than Frisk. I'm not trying to do the fallacy where I downplay his argument, so Cal if I've missed something please tell me, but it seems to me that evidence Frisk could refuse death by old age outwieghs evidence that he can't.

You're forgetting that not only does Arceus have the durability to tank what Frisk dishes out, but still has all of his plates, and a few other force fields to fall back on. Even assuming Frisk somehow breaks through the barriers, which he won't, due the the barriers being hax and not durability, he'd take minimal damage from getting hit by ballet shoes, or a toy gun, or a stick, and could just recover the damage and put the shields back up. Also, has another set of shields besides the plate, and precog to have him dodge. Frisk isn't touching Arceus period. Let alone beating him. Best chance he has is inconclusive. Worst case scenario is Arceus outlives him. He hasn't demonstrated refusal to age, so even if he refuses to die at the age of 300, he'd be old and decrepit.

Considering that Low regen is only faster regen for normal wounds, Frisk could still rack up some good damage... but I concede, that's only if he could get through the barriers.I still think he could get through the plates. Arceus's profile says they only negate elemental attacks and Frisk's not using elemental attacks, he's hitting Arceus with a knife/gun/frying pan.

Anyway, switching my vote to inconclusive.

Inconclusive or Arceus wins

Inconclusive since None of them are going to be able to harm each other...

Or Arceus wins because just like what cal said.... I doubt Frisk is going to be determined for 1000 years so he will most likely die of age

Your argument isn't irrelevant, it's just been discussed already. Look at the Arceus V Chara page or the Frisk V All Fiction page

Don't see either party winning this. I don't think Frisk could or would willingly try to kill Arceus, and Arceus has absolutely no way whatsoever of harming max DETERMINATION Frisk.

This is a large thread but in my opinion Arceus erases the concept of Determination, and Frisk follows shortly after. Also, a concept can't inherently have a tier unless it's living, such as Madoka. The tier shouldn't matter anyways since it's pure hax.

Cropfist said:
This is a large thread but in my opinion Arceus erases the concept of Determination, and Frisk follows shortly after. Also, a concept can't inherently have a tier unless it's living, such as Madoka. The tier shouldn't matter anyways since it's pure hax.
Pretty sure Arceus has no feats whatsoever of erasing a concept that at the very least reaches 2-A. Especially since an at least 2-A character tried to erase Frisk and failed, because said concept allowed them to simply go "I refuse" and keep existing.

A concept not having a tier does not matter. By that same logic, Arceus could erase a High 1-B's concept of willpower because willpower has no tier. It is about how far the concept itself reaches, and DETERMINATION is well beyond what Arceus can currently get rid of.

I'm gonna have to side with Azzy on that. Keeping my vote via outliving (unlike Chara, Frisk isn't immortal), but Arceus isn't winning. Frisk is just gonna die.

Back