• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Complete Arceus vs Pacifist Frisk

Frisk 4

Arceus 1

Tie 1

I find it very ironic that the one match where I state in the OP that it might be a mismatch is actually one of the closest I've ever done.

I'm with cal on this. Plus based on what cal has stated on what Azzy has said, I trust more when it comes to this.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. Arceus wouldn't be able to erase frisk's determination. Nor would they be able to erase frisk just by erasing existence either. Unless you are at least a 1-c being you are not going to erase frisk via those methods simply due to their determination. You tried to erase determination. But it refused. Determination was to determined. That's basically how the power works.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. Arceus wouldn't be able to erase frisk's determination.

You can send me the thread that was discussed?

Unless you are at least a 1-c being you are not going to erase frisk via those methods simply due to their determination.

Why would need a 1-C to defeat a 2-B?

@The real cal howard

Well, a 2-A Being like Asriel Dreemurr was unable to erase Frisk's Determination... so I'm not sure if this is being NLF or not.

Also leaning towards inconclusive due to Frisk's wish to not hurt anyone.

@Genji

Said Reality Warping is so powerful that an immeasurably stronger being was unable to override it so...

The concept of Determination exists far above Arceus in power. A 2-B being can't erase a 2-A concept of existence.

In such a discussion was not refuted the conceptual manipulation. I believe That one be able to erase concepts could erase determination, and assuming que Arceus can create concepts...

Also, I saw nothing that made necessary the action of a 1-C to overcome the determination, the maximum necessary that I see is a High 2-A.

The very first reply talked about it and then a later reply refuted it. Now that I think about it I agree with you on the high 2-A thing. But arceus isn't a high 2-A. Ask Saikou i think they could explain this better.

@Kevyn

Arceus currently tops out at 2-B, he could be higher, but we don't have the proof to say otherwise.

Asriel, who is infinitely stronger than a 2-B being like Arceus, was completely unable to erase Frisk's Determination. There's no reason that an infinitely weaker being like Arceus would be able to do so.

@Cal

If I remember the final boss scene correctly, he tried, but failed, as Frisk simply refused to give up, as evidenced by the constant, "But it refused."

What I meant is that concept manipulation wouldn't work from someone less than a high 2-A. Simply due to the nature of Determination.

@Genji

Let's see...

NLF, since once again, Determination is a 2-A concept, not to mention the fact that Asriel made Frisk literally powerless and unable to do anything but struggle and he still wouldn't die.

Seriously, stop this line of thought, it's really getting annoying since we've repeatedly debunked it numerous times.

Are you referencing another user? Cause this is my first time legitimately making an argument about Determination's durability(?).

In regards to that, determination is nothing more than an ability. Unless abilities have durability/resistances that I didn't know about, Arceus will affect it.

Reppuzan said:
@Genji

Let's see...

NLF, since once again, Determination is a 2-A concept, not to mention the fact that Asriel made Frisk literally powerless and unable to do anything but struggle and he still wouldn't die.

Seriously, stop this line of thought, it's really getting annoying since we've repeatedly debunked it numerous times.
Thank you, that basically sums up the point I was trying to make.

@Genji

It's not just you. Kevyn Sousa said that Arceus would be able to circumvent or erase Determination despite the fact that it's an entire dimensional tier above in terms of power. Saikou and cal howard have also brought up the fact that Asriel couldn't erase Frisk's Determination.

Let me put our Dimensional Tiering System into perspective for you.

Naruto is a 5-B character who would be able to kill us with ease if we were on the same plane of existence. However, he can't hurt us. Why? Because from our perspective, he's just a picture on a page, a lower-dimensional character. The same goes for fictional fights between higher-dimensional and lower-dimensional beings.

Granted, there are exceptions, such as those with higher-dimensional manipulation powers (like this guy who makes 24-Dimensional Barriers in 3-D space), and Frisk is one of those exceptions. Arceus is not.

Is Asirel attacking Frisk with physical force a testament to the inability of him to remove Determination as a concept? He never tried to just outright get rid of Determination, just to kill Frisk, who was using it to resurrect himself. It is like trying to punch through a brick wall to get to someone on the other side instead of just walking around. If you have the ability to circumvent the effectiveness of the wall as a whole, why try to break through it (of course this is just an analogy but I don't think Asriel's attacks prove Determination's durability as a concept)?

I know what dimensional manipulation(I literary gave an example on one of my previous comments) is Reppuzan.

My argument is basically "Arceus defeats Frisk by ignoring his defense bonus(Determination is a bonus as I previously mentioned)".

Everyone frisk fought could ignore durability to an extent. I also fail to see how Arceus can negate something on a greater tier than he is.

@Genji

As I've said various times before (and you won't listen) you can't use Durability Negation on hax that's an entire dimensional tier above.

Otherwise, Arceus would be able to beat this guy.

Back