• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Donkey Kong has a really Sizeable AP advantage

But Cole crushes him in literally every other category

Feel I should clarify DK's Time Manip is only from Mario Tennis AFAIK because I've played all the Country games and he doesn't have it any of them.

Unless he has it in 64 which I've not played.

Okay good.

Think I'll vote Cole through Sheer versatility, Flight and ranged attack spam

Kong pretty much gets a victory the moment they're on the ground in a Hand to Hand fight, but this Cole having true flight gives him a serious edge.

Rocket barrels, not jetpacks, my bad.

There's Strong Kong as well which is essentially the star power up from Mario

Well I'm inclined to say that DK slaps with that AP advantage, and his durability let's him push through most of what Cole can do, but Cole has a lot going for him.

DK can only fly with certain items, whereas Cole can fly through his own powers. Cole could potentially counter homing projectiles with his own, as well as Blasts to reflect them and his electrical aura could help as well.

However, his Invulnerability is worrying, and I also need to know what his time manipulation is like, because it sounds like he has time slow, which pretty much seals the deal for DK

Unless it's from DK 64, which I've never played, then I'm pretty sure his time slow is only in Mario Tennis. Seeing how this is specifically Donkey Kong series DK, I don't think he'd have something from Mario Tennis.

I've played all the Donkey Kong Country games and he definitely didn't have time slow in any of those. His invulnerability, Strong Kong, is more or less the Starman from Super Mario and thus only lasts a certain amount of time.

Well isn't Cole only a little bit above baseline?

Anyway, if time manipulation is out the window, then I think Cole eventually wears him out More versatile ranged attacks and passive stat amping.

No I meant that since Cole gets stronger via exposures to electricity, and Cole in this form is now passively producing it, he should be getting stronger as time goes on

I'm gonna side with Cole on this one. For one he's far more clever a fighter than DK, Cole fights smarter and not harder. When he fights his first thing is to stay on the move and asses his opponent. Cole would probably keep his distance and let DK try and come to him while he starts his game plan, eventually Cole will figure DK out and wittle him down. If Cole is passively producing his own power source then it only plays into his favour. Fair to DK he's stronger but Cole can win I feel.

Back