• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs The Doom Slayer

Is Doom allowed his amps? Because Cole's AP/durability is already lower than that of the Doom Slayer. Cole is 21 KT. Doom in base is >>>>> demons who tank 28.75 KT.

Other than that, Cole has the versatility, but Doom has raw power and stamina, as well as far more experience. Durability negation is going to be a problem, but so will the blast radius on Doom's BFG. (15 meters. Almost 50 feet)

Melee is also going to be a strange thing to determine if Doom is allowed The Crucible. (Read: His sword, which has a blade made out of Argent Energy and is longer than most human bodies)

Yeah, that's probably better.

P.S.: 2016 Doomguy doesn't have the Artifact. Just the Berserk Sphere and Quad Damage.

Rip. This is what happens when you don't play a game for a year and then try to spontaneously remember important info.

gg

Anywho, I feel like this one boils down to whether or not Doom Slayer dies before he closes the distance, or can get started flinging BFG rounds at Cole. Reason I say this is, that BFG's blast radius is ridiculous, and a single hit could potentially cripple McGrath, if not kill him. And he's pretty much confirmed to do more damage with his fists than he does with any weapon, so he's probably going to decimate Cole if he closes the distance.

Quad Damage puts his BFG at 115 KT. (Large Town level) And the Berserk Sphere makes his fists even stronger than that. We should probably restrict those.

What's the likelihood of Cole keeping his distance in this fight?

Pretty high, though he's not afraid to get up close. He's likely to stick near sources of electricity to either heal, refuel, or amp himself. That way he can either snipe from safety, block/reflect attacks or close the distance if he wants to.

He's got attacks that cover long, mid and close range, so he's not really disadvantaged in any of them. He's got missiles that can go on for dozens of meters, and can extend his range via Precision Mode.

He'll get into CQC if he wants/has to, since we've seen him charge the likes of David Warner, both with his fists and his gigawatt blades

Worst comes to worse, he'll use his Karmic Overload to give him a brief boost, which heals his wounds and gives him unlimited electricity for a few seconds.

Also, little side note, but evil inFAMOUS 1 Cole should be twice as strong as his canon counterpart, since he used the Ray Sphere a second time, which was stated to double a Conduits power with every use.

Interesting. Like I said, he's more versatile, especially at a distance. Doom mostly has experience and stamina on his side, so while he could last in a firefight, Cole's probably better at a lengthy range.

Mid range is going to be a problem for Cole thanks to the BFG. And Doom doesn't really have to worry about getting hurt by it, since it was engineered to harm everything except its wielder.

Close range? I dunno. He doesn't have the Crucible, so he's restricted to brute strength, but he has far and away more experience in melee than Cole. (He had nothing but a sword and his bare hands for most of the time he was in Hell)

What's the range on Cole's durability negating powers?

He can drain you of your life energy and bio/neuro electricity. First one is self explanatory, he's draining the life out of you. Second one, he's draining the energy that keep your brain/nervous system/body running, essentially shutting it down. Though, it requires him to make contact with you. It's pretty difficult to get him off you if he does it though, since your losing your ability to fight, cause he's shutting down your body.

He can also utilize Electric Touch, which turns your own internal electricity against you.

I see. So it's not something he can do at a distance, then.

In that case, this battle more or less hinges on whether or not Doom gets amps. With Quad, I'd say Doom's chances at a distance improve drastically due to the sheer power of the BFG, and with the Berserk Sphere he could essentially charge through most of Cole's ranged attacks (aside from the Magnetism, which as TK could stop his advances for a limited time), and one-hit-kill him before the drain becomes a real factor. 'Far higher' than Class K physical lifting strength also means he wouldn't have much trouble pulling Cole off him if he did manage to start draining him.

Without Doom's amps in play, I'd say Cole eventually takes it after a long, hard fight. He's got more options overall, and while Doom would definitely be able to power through the assault (he's basically the Guts of Tier 7-C at this point), the difference in versatility would probably lead to his end after a while.

Back