• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

Cole one shots due TK the massive gap in strength, significantly superior range Combat and versatility as well.

Raidens only win con is sealing

Hmmm

I found a few instances of the gods' immortality including Onaga and Shao who are from the same race of beings as Raiden here

Raiden's immortality feat took time because it takes place in Outworld, a realm that isn't in his jurisdiction. He even says that these kinds of realms are places where his power is weakened which is why it took time for him to resurrect

Now for the actual time frame. In Sindel's MKD ending, she goes to the

Outworld not being in his jurisdiction doesn't weaken his powers, or at least it needs so little that it's negligible given he was completely fine stomping revanents in MK9

Hmmm

Raiden's resurrection takes time since it takes place in Outworld where his powers are weakened. This is because realms like Outworld and the Netherrealm are not his realms. I think this was stated in MK9's story mode.

Now for the actual timeframe. Onaga who is from the same race of beings like Shao and Raiden was able to resurrect immediately once his soul was returned to his body in Sindel's MKD ending. His mummified skeleton regained his flesh in seconds but was halted when Sindel struck his heart with her weapon.

Omaha' body needs to still be able to ressurect

Raidens body will straight up fragment if Cole hits him

Schnee One said:
Outworld not being in his jurisdiction doesn't weaken his powers, or at least it needs so little that it's negligible given he was completely fine stomping revanents in MK9
It still weakens his power anyway, even his teleportation had a shorter range when he teleported Jax and Johnny to the armory where they fought Jade instead of the acid pool where they were supposed to be

It does

Nowhere near to the point where we assume that Raiden can go from "Takes days to ressurect" to "Can ressurect in an hour"

Schnee One said:
Omaha' body needs to still be able to ressurect

Raidens body will straight up fragment if Cole hits him
I don't quite get what you mean

Not a problem for him, Raiden can be fine without his body and resurrect after that. He can also sense how much of a threat he is and can tell how powerful he is and take him seriously, leading to sealing

Schnee One said:
It does

Nowhere near to the point where we assume that Raiden can go from "Takes days to ressurect" to "Can ressurect in an hour"
I also forgot to mention that his essence traveled back to Outworld during the process. No teleportation mentioned btw

Onaga's body can ressurect if it's still intact, he cannot ressurect himself if his body is destroyed

Otherwise that's regen, not immortality

Sealing probably won't get Cole trapped given it takes time and Cole can simply throw a lightning bolt at him given the massive AP gap

Still it just shows how fast it is and like I said, Onaga scales to Raiden's feat since they are of the same race.

The sealing would also nullify any projectile should he get caught by the beam

Why would the sealing null his projectiles? He resists powernull

Raiden also died in MK10 and he didn't return for a while

Schnee One said:
Why would the sealing null his projectiles? He resists powernull

Raiden also died in MK10 and he didn't return for a while
Umm I don't think he died, he was just seriously injured and weakened from Shinnok's attack and from absorbing the corrupted Jinsei

No offense, What does that even mean?

Ignoring that RFI energy doesn't shut off his projectiles after they are fired at all, why would powers directly tied to him that are not shut down from powernull randomly stop working just because he fired them?

More importantly what stops him from ground pounding with physical force since that isn't a projectile?

Umm I don't think he died, he was just seriously injured and weakened from Shinnok's attack and from absorbing the corrupted Jinsei

…….

You know what I'm dumb, Cole can just use physical force to incap given the AP gap

Schnee One said:
No offense, What does that even mean?

Ignoring that RFI energy doesn't shut off his projectiles after they are fired at all, why would powers directly tied to him that are not shut down from powernull randomly stop working just because he fired them?

More importantly what stops him from ground pounding with physical force since that isn't a projectile?
Can you show me his power null resistance feat?

12 megatons

Cole scales to 28 megatons

Which was performed by him before his powers even awakened, and he received 8 power boosts since this.

This allows him to fight people that stomped him previously, like Alden.

I mean

Cole one shots awakened conduits extremely easily and they're>>>>>>>>Him when his powers didn't even awaken

Does the power null resistance apply to his first key too?

Also Raiden can quickly recover from being knocked out and tired as shown when he was defeated by the Deadly Alliance

Regardless he still remain 2x times stronger Cole. You'd be better off saying he could one shot him regardless but I doubt he has enough AP to smash Raiden into fragments. Of course unless he's been shown to mutilate characters on his level like fragmenting them.

Schnee One said:
How is that a recovery? He was knocked tf out and barely able to even stand.
It's in the MKD intro

If you're talking about that part in MKX, then it's because he was being tortured by Shinnok (someone stronger than him) for hours

No, that didn't happen. He got back up once Onaga showed up, the time between that and the fight between Shang and Quan was just minutes. After he got up he joined the two looking ready to fight

Here

I wish more people would use timestamps ;;

Can Cole drain his neuroelectricity, or well, Raiden himself? Him getting hit by elec attacks can amp him up possibly. I know this is Infamous 1 Cole (Evil) and all but yeah

Actually watching that scene again Onaga being bound to not return doesn't really prove he can return instantly

Back