• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Kakashi Hatake (7/2/0)

Not sure if this been done or not but hey ho crossed my mind.

Plot: Cole got hold of a certain book, Kakashi wants it back for understandable reasons.
  • Speed is equalised
  • New Era Kakashi is being used vs Infamous 2 Cole
  • Good Karma Cole is being used
  • SBA otherwise
The conduit: 7

The copy ninja: 2

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Paralysis jutsu seems to only work from close to mid range (idk how far that is) but Cole's whole thing is he range spams you to hell and back if he can so Kakashi might be hard pressed there when Cole's flinging aoe attacks/precision shots while moving away as best he can. For Genjutsu remind me again is that like mind hax and illusions? Cole did resist mindhax in the millions from Sasha's tar iirc if that helps

Paralysis jutsu seems to only work from close to mid range (idk how far that is) but Cole's whole thing is he range spams you to hell and back if he can so Kakashi might be hard pressed there when Cole's flinging aoe attacks/precision shots while moving away as best he can. For Genjutsu remind me again is that like mind hax and illusions? Cole did resist mindhax in the millions from Sasha's tar iirc if that helps
Sharingan genjutsu is layered Kakashi has shurikens and can fight at a range too and amp his speed with lightning blade

Sharingan? New Era Kakashi doesn't have that though no? If he can still genjutsu then fair enough though. Shurikens get handled by Cole throwing up a forcefield to stop them in their tracks. Amping speed can help but Cole can slow his own perception of time to help keep track of him, using lighting blade as an attack on a guy like Cole is probably a bad idea considering he constantly has that around him.

Sharingan? New Era Kakashi doesn't have that though no? If he can still genjutsu then fair enough though. Shurikens get handled by Cole throwing up a forcefield to stop them in their tracks. Amping speed can help but Cole can slow his own perception of time to help keep track of him, using lighting blade as an attack on a guy like Cole is probably a bad idea considering he constantly has that around him.
kakashi can use ranged jutsu he has a whole lot and uses speed enhancements to blitz and lightning blade to increase his speed way more and clones and substitutions to keep himself protected.

Ngl using lighting blade to attack Cole directly sounds like a good excuse for him to just drain it to replenish his energy but I think that's me just making a theory there. Cole also uses ranged stuff like 90 percent of the time too, speed amping and clones are gonna give Cole a lot of trouble but he can slow his own perception of time to make Kakashi possible to snipe and tag. Clones get handled by Cole using Aoe attacks like electromagnetic shockwave/alpha blast and the stuff that gets used for substitutions can likely be used by Cole via Kinetic Pulse I guess.

Ngl using lighting blade to attack Cole directly sounds like a good excuse for him to just drain it to replenish his energy but I think that's me just making a theory there. Cole also uses ranged stuff like 90 percent of the time too, speed amping and clones are gonna give Cole a lot of trouble but he can slow his own perception of time to make Kakashi possible to snipe and tag. Clones get handled by Cole using Aoe attacks like electromagnetic shockwave/alpha blast and the stuff that gets used for substitutions can likely be used by Cole via Kinetic Pulse I guess.
Then Kakashi will resort to hax like paraysis jutsu and genjutsu and then kill him

Remind me again does genjutsu count as mindhax at all or is it just illusion making stuff? Cole had mindhax resist in the millions iirc thanks to resisting the effects of Sasha's tar

Gotcha, Cole has Type 1 Madness Manip resist too for Sasha's stuff which involves tampering with parts of the brain which I assume counts the five senses dunno if that helps gotta step out afk will get back later

New Era Kakashi has Fire and Earth Release with massive AOE. Of course, he also has wind, water, and lightning release.
He has shadow, water, and lightning clones.
He has Purple Lightning, which he can use from close to mid range, unlike Raikiri.
Kakashi can hide underground to surprise his opponents.
He can use various genjutsu, such as hell viewing which makes the victim see illusions based on their deepest fears (even ones they have no knowledge of having), among other genjutsu.
Of course, he can also use basic shinobi techniques like the substitution and paralysis Jutsu as well.

I have no interest in voting as I don't know much about Cole, but I wanted to give an overview of Kakashi's abilities.

Using electrical based attacks in general is like really moot against Cole considering his whole shtick is that, Kakashi might use it once and find out it just gives Cole ammo I guess. Shurikens would just get absorbed via Cole's barrier and heal him too if normal bullets are anything to go by.

Kakashi going underground is moot, Cole has Pulse Radar to sense him hiding plus that might help him tell apart from the clones too. (Do shadow clones give off a pulse or have bones? If there's none Cole could instantly deduce they are fakes as his pulse radar also comes with x ray vision)

Cole isn't good against water, but Infamous 2 Cole has Ice Powers to aid him against that and negate its use and freeze Kakashi with stuff like Ionic Freeze and Freeze Rocket. Cole also has AOEs and shockwaves that can cancel out Kakashi's stuff. Genjutsu stuff sounds quite powerful although Cole can resist stuff that affects the entire five senses and the mind that was in the range of 10.5 million I want to argue that could give him some leeway here against it.

I see, do they go down in one hit though? Cole can just AOE and blast them all then, plus he'll be still using his pulse radar so Kakashi can't really go underground without Cole suspecting the one breaking off from the pack is up to something.

As a overview I guess

AP
Kakashi's AP is higher... but with an issue here. That being the way he scales to those feats are with his lightning attacks. He absorbs it basically automatically and even stronger electric attacks from other people don't really effect all that much. The vast swath of Kakashi's most powerful abilities just get hard countered by Cole's existence (it should also be noted that canonically Kakashi in this era cannot use the chidori as he can no longer react to its enhanced movement speed).

Lifting Strength
So Kakashi is 12.6x stronger than Cole, which is basically an automatic win for grappling or any physical struggle that would pop up.

Abilities vs Abilities

• Cole's radar sense vs Kakashi's stealth mastery: Cole can detect enemies who are shapeshifted into different forms and has an AoE aura pulse. Kakashi has no counter to this ability, meaning his usual moves of cloning or hiding aren't going to be that useful here
  • Lightning/Heat: Kakashi has no listed resistances to heat, meaning Cole's high temperature lightning can and will cause burn damage. Which can be a rather crippling in some cases. He also has no resistances to electricity listed on his profile, meaning that some of the more crippling muscle stuff associated with that power can effect him
  • Hand to Hand: Cole is listed as skilled, while Kakashi is listed as expert. While vague, from looking at both profiles Kakashi has much greater experience fighting people with weird powers or those stronger than himself, along with training since he was like 5 to be a ninja. Cole is likely a good brawler, but he's nowhere near as skilled as Kakashi
  • Water Abilities vs Cole: Cole has a listed weakness of being completely submerged in water and short circuiting and Kakashi can generate large enough water attacks to exploit that weakness
  • Kakashi has no resistance to Cole's draining powers, though since this is good Cole I don't expect him to use that in-character
  • The location of this fight is in NYC. This ultimately favors Cole since he not only has experience fighting in cities with similar layouts but has plenty of ways to heal himself with electricity or lightning from generating a storm
  • Kakashi has fear manipulation but Cole has resistance to madness manipulation and telepathy. I'm not 100% sure if that counter acts those things, but I feel like that its not so much of a prominent feature to really be more than a temporary distraction for Kakashi
  • Kakashi probably has more experience fighting someone like Cole than Cole has fighting someone like Kakashi. But they're so different from their standard universe stuff that it might not be much of an edge either way
  • Kakashi for new era has no mentions of mind manipulation or the ability to use genjutsu. So I don't know why anyone really brought that up (EDIT: I did forget about the first arc stuff). All of his mental stuff with with sharingan powers he doesn't have access to. Also remember that Cole being made of lightning can legitimately hard counter mental illusions as well as shown in A's fight with Sasuke (someone who's far better with Genjutsu than Kakashi ever was). Considering the previous stuff about his resistance to madness manipulation and the like I don't see the illusions' Kakashi can conjure up meaning much in the end.
Conclusions
  • Kakashi scales higher than Cole AP wise, but does so with moves that Cole with just absorb or resists meaning its a meaningless advantage
  • Kakashi has no resistances to Cole's heat or lightning from burning his body or messing with his muscle fibers
  • Kakashi out muscles Cole incredibly hard
  • Kakashi starts out in a location with a lot of water, which can cripple or knock out Cole rather fast
  • Most of Kakashi's better moves like stealth and substitutions can be countered with Cole's radar pulse
  • Kakashi is a better hand to hand fighter than Cole
  • The location they're at favors Cole in the long run more than it favors Kakashi
Overall I feel like Kakashi's win conditions are at the start of the match where he's at full stamina or big braining Cole with some Water Jutsu. The issue for me is that Kakashi's main form of attack are all powers that Cole resists or can absorb, but at the same time Kakashi can out grapple Cole and unless he's summoned a storm at this point he has no real means of escaping it since I'm not seeing any AoE electric moves from Cole.

I'm probably going to go with Cole here, but only because I feel like Kakashi without any prep wouldn't instantly connect the dots with a water weakness and Cole has better long term win conditions that Kakashi.

Last edited:
I vote Cole

a lot of factors in this fight could lead to the match ending in favor of one person or another, though with what Qawsedf said, the battle being in NYC gives him home field advantage-ish (he comes from Empire City, but that's effectively his universe's version of NYC so it works out), since he has access to a bountiful amount of electricity, and can probably weaponize all of Kakashi's water attacks against him with shockwaves/precision bolts/etc. since Kakashi doesn't know that Cole is weak to water and wants it to **** off as fast as possible

Last edited:
Which Translation are you using?
This one.

Looking at the Raw Sasuke says "上忍の殺意...。 自分の命を握られてる。" The first part is just "A Master Ninja's intention to kill"

So like, it wasn't Kakashi that was scaring Sasuke. It was Zabuza emitting the aura. Kakashi has no examples of madness manipulation then. The translation provided in the profile implies both are emitting this aura, when that doesn't seem to be true.

I mean again Cole resists stuff that affects the 5 senses in potency of the millions, fear manip might be useful sure but that's just gonna make Cole range spam even further.

Back